PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

corey52 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
How are you charging? Do you get the same behavior regardless if you are using the normal charger, car charger, usb cable from computer etc..
I user a normal charger or USB charger. But, it is always the same result. But, as I said before, It only happens on GR5. I didn't have this problem on GR4 or Shipped Sprint Rom. And it only happens when I try to charge my phone while talking on it. Otherwise charging works as normal.

I Do not follow where the path may lead. Instead I go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

has anyone on TELUS tried this rom ???? Thank you very much!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I noticed charging the phone that rapidcharge is not working or is not included. max charge I am seeing is approximately 400ma. Just wanted to see if this correct. thanks!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor

flashed back and installed this ... running perfect so far ...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

hey if you go to start then all the way to the bottom youll see system info then if you look in the left top corner it says windows mobile 6.1 why??
Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I guess there's always a possibility that I am incorrect (although unlikely). What custom dialer are you installing on Mighty? Is it an HTC dialer?

There is a provxml is the skin package, but I don't think there's any EPST settings. There are EPST settings, however, in the carrier packages. EPST is what the dialer codes are for.
if i use your rom and use the tool you provde to use the htc dialer then the ##prl wont work. If i use advance config to re-enable your custome dialer then ##prl works but not ##data. That tells it tells me it is a dialer issue and not something else. it seems as if only the regular dialer works from sprint with all ## codes. can you have a rom with the regular sprint dialer
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: [060109] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by megagprime View Post
some people just dont read/learn =D>

get ur carrier cab if you want that stuff

thanks
any chronic roms comin or what ?
i have the verizon carrier cab installed on my sprint touch diamond that is running on verizon. Mighty rom work with all the ## codes using the standard white dialer from sprint. Did not need the carrier cab for that.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

Phone codes work fine for me with the default htc dialer in grooverom.
Current Radio: ___
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnassoiy View Post
Thanks!!

Inda, You do know it's not June 2? Kinda cool we're flashing a ROM of the future!
Yeah, I got ahead of myself with [060109], and now I have the rom of the future alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey52 View Post
I just found a rather annoying bug that I never had with GR4. While I'm on the phone with it charging it stops charging after about 15 minutes. Then even after I get off the phone it doesn't charge unless I soft-reset. It could be a bug with Battery monitor or the Rom. Not really sure which one. Can someone test this out sometime and see if I'm the only person with this problem?

P.S

I know that you shouldn't charge your phone while talking on it. But I've never had this problem before. And I went back to shipped Rom to see if it was simply an hardware issue but it charged fine while talking.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.
The phone won't charge when it gets above a certain temp, for safety reasons. I'm guessing that the combination of the phone call and charging is causing the phone to heat up to a point whre it won't charge. It happens with me during internet sharing sometimes. Perhaps you are making your phone calls from a lower signal area than you were with gr4, which would cause additional heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I noticed charging the phone that rapidcharge is not working or is not included. max charge I am seeing is approximately 400ma. Just wanted to see if this correct. thanks!
No, it's in there. I'm charging via usb (and internet sharing) now at 800+mA. Maybe your charger or usb port is only rated for 400mA. Or maybe you are close to ful charge, and the rate is slowing down as it's supposed to when the battery fills up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
hey if you go to start then all the way to the bottom youll see system info then if you look in the left top corner it says windows mobile 6.1 why??
I have no idea what screen you are talking about. I don't see it. Please post screenshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
if i use your rom and use the tool you provde to use the htc dialer then the ##prl wont work. If i use advance config to re-enable your custome dialer then ##prl works but not ##data. That tells it tells me it is a dialer issue and not something else. it seems as if only the regular dialer works from sprint with all ## codes. can you have a rom with the regular sprint dialer
This is the standard HTC dialer. It's just skinned differently. I won't make any roms with a white dialer skin, so you have two options if you really feel that the white dialer will solve your issue on grooveROM (it won't):

1. Find a white dialer cab here or at XDA
2. Build a rom with the kitchen in post 2, and include the white dialer skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
i have the verizon carrier cab installed on my sprint touch diamond that is running on verizon. Mighty rom work with all the ## codes using the standard white dialer from sprint. Did not need the carrier cab for that.
Right, but as I told you before, Mighty is on Telus, not Sprint, and not Verizon. He has the Telus EPST settings in his rom, and therefore the Telus dialer codes. You don't have to believe me, but it is the truth.

Why would an image skinned differently affect the dialer codes? There's no logic in it at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

hmm I found a problem in my gmail. everytime I send something (and w/ an attachment) it gives me an error that it wont work? I had full bars, evdo, and my gmail is setup correctly? (i can receive emails)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development