PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [052809] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - plus Kitchen [053009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
Does any 1 recommend a screen rotation for wm 6.5? I'm not a huge fan of holding down the answer key and was wondering if any one using groove 5 is using a screen rotator like gyrator or gsen!
It really doesn't matter weather or not you are using wm 6.1 or 6.5 in the ones i've tried. I recently took a poll on this too. Flip It is probably the quickest of them all, and ChangeScreen is a little slower but has more options including showing the app names as they are launched so you can add them as exceptions. It really depends on what you need, but i use Flip It because of it's speed.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [052809] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21725 (Build 21725.5.0.2) - plus Kitchen [053009

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I have a .tsk for the theme, but the black scrollbars and highlights are a custom job in the sys
I could cab them sometime..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
That would be awesome. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I would like to see the red highlights back from rock & republic
All these files are attached. Since I cheat a little, and just modify the Rock and Republic highlights, the attached cabs for Black and Red menu highlights will work with the default Ultralight.tsk theme or the RockAndRepublic.tsk theme. One cab is for the black menu highlights found in grooveROM 5 and the other is for the default Red found in R&R.

Also a cab to make the scrollbars black like they are in grooveROM 5.

Lastly the Ultralite.tsk theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
just would like to know about this. The VZW Diamond lacks the 4gb internal storage and the accelerometer. if someone placed this rom on a vzw phone would it mess up the vzw diamond since it has a transflash?

I have a sprint diamond that is on vzw and can I run a vzw diamond rom on my phone? would i lose the 4gb internal storage?

Also will anyone do a custom vzw rom for the diamond?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think since the hardware is different, a lot of different drivers are in each rom. I would like to look at a verizon ship rom, but I wouldn't flash one on my Sprint device.

Last edited by indagroove; 05-30-2009 at 09:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
All these files are attached. Since I cheat a little, and just modify the Rock and Republic highlights, the attached cabs for Black and Red menu highlights will work with the default Ultralight.tsk theme or the RockAndRepublic.tsk theme. One cab is for the black menu highlights found in grooveROM 5 and the other is for the default Red found in R&R.
Thanks inda, you're the man
Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I will check this out. I found opera to crash more often with plugins enabled. this build seems to working fine but will give it a good workout today. the flash/opera thing might be the problem. I noticed that your previous build had 20k cache as well compared to 4k in this one. does that make any difference with the overall speed?
I haven't really messed with the cache yet, so that would be good to try. I've been running the old faithful 15613 version today, and really been enjoying the vibration confirmation when tapping links, that I've been missing. Very fast and smooth. Unless there's some sort of outcry, I'll prolly switch back to 15613 in the next build, but include both versions in the kitchen, for those who love higher numbers.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Thanks inda, you're the man
Not trying to hassle you, but the Black Highlights cab didn't work...both the "black menu bar" cab and the "black highlights" cab are the same cabs but with different names. I got the scroll bar which is awesome. Just letting you know that something's messed up
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
I haven't really messed with the cache yet, so that would be good to try. I've been running the old faithful 15613 version today, and really been enjoying the vibration confirmation when tapping links, that I've been missing. Very fast and smooth. Unless there's some sort of outcry, I'll prolly switch back to 15613 in the next build, but include both versions in the kitchen, for those who love higher numbers.
i use ie for web browsing. most of the world is ie, but i use firefox for my laptop.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Not trying to hassle you, but the Black Highlights cab didn't work...both the "black menu bar" cab and the "black highlights" cab are the same cabs but with different names. I got the scroll bar which is awesome. Just letting you know that something's messed up
OK, I fixed it. They wern't really the same file, as you can see by the different file sizes. I just forgot to change the file names in the properties, so they would accidentally uninstall each other. I fixed that now, and the new files are attached to the previous thread.

Keep in mind that the highlights cabs will only work with ultralite.tsk or R&R.tsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
i use ie for web browsing. most of the world is ie, but i use firefox for my laptop.
How can you use PIE? It's so slow and sloppy IMO. I use firefox too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

cant seem to find what i am looking for...but how do you change the background of your htc dialer in this rom goove?

thnx
Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
cant seem to find what i am looking for...but how do you change the background of your htc dialer in this rom goove?

thnx
Is this what you're looking for (from the first post):
Quote:
If you want the Black skin on the HTC S2A Dialer back, look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1867

If you want a different grooveROM skinned HTC dialpad, look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1949
Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Is this what you're looking for (from the first post):
i saw that but didn't know what the s2a was. i was just looking to change the background picture to another image but keep the keypad the way you have it with the oval transparent keys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development