PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ncrader is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

First, I want to say, I am more of a reader and I love taking advantage of the great things you cooks do to make my phone so much more enjoyable to use.

Indagroove, I am still pretty new to flashing, but I have to say I tried several about a month ago when I came here after long hiatus. I have settled on this ROM for quite some time cause it ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by niketom843 View Post
Everything is running great but still getting that 10-15 sec text lag when exiting from a specific text back to the text inbox. I noticed this first on juicy and now on groove. I always flash to shipped, then to custom and then clear storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I don't seem to have that issue. Did you restore any reg settings with PIM backup or something?
The above is the only issue I've had that realy requires a fix. I too have the delay (not every time) when closing a txt periodically - my freeze is more like a minute though. I have your ROM 6/29 plus Gadget Freak toolbar (possible culprit?) plus Google Maps, Bing, Opera Beta 9.7. I think that is all I have installed on top of base ROM and have made no regedits since loading this ROM. Thoughts, Ideas? niketom843, how does your installation compare with mine? Any overlaps in software?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) - [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Here's the new visual kitchen:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/wp...oad.php?id=147
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrader View Post

The above is the only issue I've had that realy requires a fix. I too have the delay (not every time) when closing a txt periodically - my freeze is more like a minute though. I have your ROM 6/29 plus Gadget Freak toolbar (possible culprit?) plus Google Maps, Bing, Opera Beta 9.7. I think that is all I have installed on top of base ROM and have made no regedits since loading this ROM. Thoughts, Ideas? niketom843, how does your installation compare with mine? Any overlaps in software?
I find that making sure you clear your text messages periodically clears this up. Anytime I start freezing when exiting a specific text message to go back to my text inbox, I clear all SMS/MMS, then delete the deleted items, then no more freezing.

Been out of the action for awhile, hope this answer wasn't already discussed (and discarded)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

Groove, finally we have lift off!!!I was able to use this kitchen to cook up a little rom, even modified a bit. Thanks a million!! I guess this new one did the trick for me. Honestly, can't thank you enough.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the new kitchen groove. Your directions made it pretty simple to use and tailor stuff how I wanted it (well at least I think, currently at 70% flashing ).
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Groove, finally we have lift off!!!I was able to use this kitchen to cook up a little rom, even modified a bit. Thanks a million!! I guess this new one did the trick for me. Honestly, can't thank you enough.
Yay!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

niketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrader View Post
First, I want to say, I am more of a reader and I love taking advantage of the great things you cooks do to make my phone so much more enjoyable to use.

Indagroove, I am still pretty new to flashing, but I have to say I tried several about a month ago when I came here after long hiatus. I have settled on this ROM for quite some time cause it ROCKS

Just google maps. No toolbars or anything else.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

niketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good workniketom843 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemer View Post
I find that making sure you clear your text messages periodically clears this up. Anytime I start freezing when exiting a specific text message to go back to my text inbox, I clear all SMS/MMS, then delete the deleted items, then no more freezing.

Been out of the action for awhile, hope this answer wasn't already discussed (and discarded)
I'll give this a whirl and see what happens.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
AWOL
Threadstarter

FYI, here's a link to the thread all about the new kitchen tools over at XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469420
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is this new kitchen easier to mod and use

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development