PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Official* Sprint Diamond ROM v2.00.651.6 CE OS 5.2.20764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod View Post
Did they fix the GPS lag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownforce View Post
And the dreaded SIP freeze?
Hmmmm....I forgot about that.

I JUST got a Diamond this week.

How bad was the oriignal Lag? i had a VZW Pro wich has a diff chipset and the lag wasnt noticeable very much.... Not as bad as what my Diamond is now with the stock 1.0 ROM. DAMN this is terrible. Pretty bad to have to go back to a VZW Pro to get rid of lag.

Im downloading the 2.0 ROM now. I will test it....

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalChaos View Post
Ive had nothing but problems with this Rom, so I am flashing back to another Rom.

When trying to get to keypad to dial out it goes to Error reporting screen. So unable to dial out. After hard, and soft reset still no improvement.

Same issue with text and games freezing for a few seconds every now and then.

Whenever I get picturemail the ringtone goes off like 50 times in a row before finally stopping.

NO BUENO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
same here just finished flashing back to Juicy's 4.4... very slugish ROM!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
I've been using this ROM for a few hours, I actually think it's pretty fast. I used Diamond Tweak to adjust a few settings.

I've been texting/emailing/dialing. All seems to work.

I'll probably keep it, unless something show stopping comes up.

So far, I know the first letter dropping off on a text is there. Haven't experienced a freeze yet, but it's early. (I still got that in all the custom ROMS, so not a deal breaker)

Im with marcjen, I used it on my "previous" diamond. The one I first got a couple days ago. I see this is much smoother than the 1.0 ROM. But I am back to 1.0 for now.... On vacation and just got the phone swapped by sprint for a another new one. All my crap wass on the other phone. I hate not have an SD card but oh well. The phone is still much better than a Pro.... But I do have both ;c)
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Has someone stipped the Opera from it?

Thoughts vs other Opera builds?
My two cents.... The Opera build is the smoothest yet... But....

I am used to a deviced with only 128 megs of RAM so... In my world this Opera is fast and smooth. I like it alot. I built with all sorts of builds on my TP ROM's.... This is the best so far....

I have all the leaked cabs on my site if you want them

When I get off vacation I will post all the new cabs from the official...

www.scottcrosler.com/TouchPro/cabs
Dont worry about it saying touch Pro.... There are some cabs there from the pro and the diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
good question. I am going loaded up the rom now and will test out the new opera to see how it performs compared to 15613. will add the results as well to my browser thread.

Ok I tested it and frankly not impressed at all. unless it has to do with being in this rom, but loaded up forum.ppcgeeks.com which took about 20 seconds (not the end of the world) but tried to load up the diamond forum and it kept timing out and took almost 1 minute. 15613 seemed more stable to be honest. to be fair it may have to do with the sprint radio which I dont normally use. I usually use the telus radio.
strange, I posted in my TP thread from my new Diamond and was very impressed.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerwater View Post
Also noticed that text word limit of 160 is enhanced compared to the 1st stock ROM. =D> instead of stopping at 160 characters it lets you go beyond that limit with out the reg hack im sick of using. at least for me anyway,
and i think my diamond gets a little hotter too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
Ive always been able to go over 160 texting even with my mogul
Smae for me on text messages... Never had a 160 char limit. Just switched to sprint though. VZW would just break the message apart.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
Well, this official release is really bad. My phone is crawling with this on it. I will have to try something else.
Wow. thats wierd. But not really....

I think its all typical variables... Usage, installed apps, etc.

I "ran" 2.0 for about a day and now back to 1.0 because of swap on phone at sprint store.

I personally noted a speed improvement ALL AROUND with 2.0. had no crashes at all but did notice something funky with text as described earlier. Thought it was me... First letter diditn appear..... Others note that as well.

Other than that this is best stock ROM i have ever used.

On vacation with no cable.... Walmart here I come.....
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocvaldez View Post
I really like this rom for decent speed and great stability and battery life. I just can't stand TF3D anymore or the bloatware. Does anyone have the raw .nbh so I can cook me up a custom from it?
just decompile the EXE using WinRAR....

Right click on EXE file and seelct "extract to....."

Blam you have a standard RUU
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
I've been on this ROM for a day, and it is total garbage. I flashed back to the stock sprint rom first, then back to this one, just to be sure. How could this be an official release if you can't even answer the phone? Everytime that the phone rings, when I slide it to 'answer,' the entire slide bar gets garbled, and after you hit the answer button like 3 times it finally answers.
WOW!!!! Never saw that.... Worked great for me.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofthumper View Post
Did you try doing a hard reset to be on the safe side?

I flashed from OMJ to stock to this and it's worked perfectly.
i agree... These newer devices are worse than the aloder ones about needing a hard reset. The apache got real bad... You HAD to hard reset that ***** or some stange *** stuff would happen.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Has someone stipped the Opera from it?

Thoughts vs other Opera builds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
good question. I am going loaded up the rom now and will test out the new opera to see how it performs compared to 15613. will add the results as well to my browser thread.

Ok I tested it and frankly not impressed at all. unless it has to do with being in this rom, but loaded up forum.ppcgeeks.com which took about 20 seconds (not the end of the world) but tried to load up the diamond forum and it kept timing out and took almost 1 minute. 15613 seemed more stable to be honest. to be fair it may have to do with the sprint radio which I dont normally use. I usually use the telus radio.
I just split it....

Here are all the cabs, opera, nav, tv, etc.....

UGHHHHHHHHHHH Just trtied to attach to post and it just wont finish uploading!

I will put them on my site.... may take a few..... No FTP app on wifes lappie.... ughhhhhh vacations...... ughhhh

EDIT: uploading to FTP site now through IE. 15 Minutes and i will have a link

Last edited by scrosler; 03-01-2009 at 01:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development