PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calkulins Kitchen (cooking)

Hey guys trying to cook my own rom, i somewhat made my own rom with Calkulins kitchen and with the base rom of groverom 3 build 10, and everytime i go to the RUU and try and flash my phone an error comes up saying press okay to terminte, or canncel to debug. Does anybody know if i'm doing anything wrong? Is this the correct apporach. I just replaced the groverom ROM, SYS, and OEM with the ones that were already in the folder. Used BuildOS, and i should just have to go to RUU flash it and be on my way correct??
Old 02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Calkulins Kitchen (cooking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
Hey guys trying to cook my own rom, i somewhat made my own rom with Calkulins kitchen and with the base rom of groverom 3 build 10, and everytime i go to the RUU and try and flash my phone an error comes up saying press okay to terminte, or canncel to debug. Does anybody know if i'm doing anything wrong? Is this the correct apporach. I just replaced the groverom ROM, SYS, and OEM with the ones that were already in the folder. Used BuildOS, and i should just have to go to RUU flash it and be on my way correct??
Probably the existing Calkulin's Kitchen thread would have been the best place to post this.

Launch with Calkulin's HTC Kitchen.cmd

Last edited by Drybonz; 02-18-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:51 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
So, the RUU_signed.nbh is getting built fine, but you just can't flash? When does it error exactly?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i believe its gettin built fine, the file is there and its over 105,000 kb. When i click on the RUU and then the custom RUU, i get an error that says Custom_RUU.exe - Application Error. The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the application at location 0x10016621. Click on OK to terminate this program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
AWOL

Quote:
i believe its gettin built fine, the file is there and its over 105,000 kb. When i click on the RUU and then the custom RUU, i get an error that says Custom_RUU.exe - Application Error. The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the application at location 0x10016621. Click on OK to terminate this program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Try the attached RUU and see if it works any better. Otherwise, you can always flash from internal storage.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RUU.zip (694.9 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thanks so much indagroove. Once again you help me out. Hey quick question, im using your base obviously, just wondering how to change your new screen to just the stock screeen instead of the orange indagrove image. How do you do that before cooking?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:17 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

The RUU is the product after cooking.

If you want stock, you could download the stock manila cab (calcu's thread has them) and just install it there.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
AWOL

Quote:
thanks so much indagroove. Once again you help me out. Hey quick question, im using your base obviously, just wondering how to change your new screen to just the stock screeen instead of the orange indagrove image. How do you do that before cooking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
The RUU is the product after cooking.

If you want stock, you could download the stock manila cab (calcu's thread has them) and just install it there.
I think hasseye is talking about the boot splash screen, which is in the Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder of the sys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

ahh, my bad....disregard my advice then!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
I know you already have a solution, but this is what I found out when I had the same issue. If the path to get to the RUU folder is too long it will error out. Mainly if you unzip to a folder and have the folder be the zip file name. Just my .02

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development