PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Who in your very best educated guess will release first WM6.5 Rom?
MIghtyMike 71 46.71%
Indagroove 33 21.71%
Neither 48 31.58%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mightyrom or Grooverom?

I still don't know why this poll has only mighty and groove listed. No offense to either of them. I in fact used both of their ROMs, currently using Groove, and they each have good quality ROMs, but they aren't the only ones in "the ring."

Aside from that, I'll point out what others have already pointed out... Microsoft will and already has cracked down on anyone releasing 6.5 beta. Not only that, it's still BETA... meaning they haven't worked out all the bugs. So I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm waiting until it's final, unless it's like stupidly faster than 6.1, but I doubt that.

Oh, and you don't see Juicy much because he got hit by Microsoft for releasing leaked 6.5 Beta stuff, so he removed all his stuff and is laying low for a bit. Once it goes gold, I'm sure you'll see him much more often, he's already said that he will probably be back when 6.5 goes gold.

At any rate, to bring it back to topic, it's anyone's ball game, but I think that the winner won't necessarily be the first released... as it might be a rushed release and therefore be unstable. I consider the winner to be the one that has it stable and able to run most if not everything that the current 6.1 ROMs can run. But that's just my opinion.

I personally am cheering for Juicy, his ROMs have always worked the best for what I use my phone for, and I've never had a problem installing anything or using anything in his ROMs, aside from small bugs, such as the youtube crash and opera landscape crash, but that had nothing to do with the ROM, it was the programs that caused that, so all ROMs that had those versions had those same problems. Although I'm hoping he integrates HD Manila and all the newer features that have come out since he backed away from the scene.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Mightyrom or Grooverom?

What's the rush?! lol... I won't be the first outta the gate with 6.5

When a stable release is leaked... it will come!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Wink Re: Mightyrom or Grooverom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
What's the rush?! lol... I won't be the first outta the gate with 6.5

When a stable release is leaked... it will come!
the heck with stable not even oem shipped roms are stable so come on mighty work your cooking magic and pull a mightywm6.5 out of your kitchen
bro !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Smile Re: Mightyrom or Grooverom?

i vote JUICY!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development