PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snowglyder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: .RSTG Custom Sprint Rom - TF3D Tweaked & Loaded - v3.7.03 Updated 4/5/09

Love the ROM, my fav so far!! Just switched from Mighty ROM since I like a loaded ROM so I don't have to install stuff myself. One thing I noticed is this one has the text messaging bug that Mighty ROM had fixed. When I start to type a message, the first letter is removed. Also, on the Programs tab the second icon isn't valid. It looks like it's for Footprint (?), but the icon is a default Windows icon.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

dantheman45 is a n00b

the problem is with txt it wont happen everytime but sometimes, after every soft reset it occurs,if i dont delete the messages it will just continue to send about 10 messages every time
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I figured out the ring and vibrate issue, you can set default ring type in diamond tweak and I think if you run diamond tweak before setting up your ring style, it defaults to what you already have set.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snowglyder is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman45 View Post
the problem is with txt it wont happen everytime but sometimes, after every soft reset it occurs,if i dont delete the messages it will just continue to send about 10 messages every time
I haven't seen the bug that sends multiple messages. The text problem only seems to happen if I'm replying to an existing message.

Something else I've noticed is when viewing all contacts I try to scroll down through the letters, and it jumps back to the top. Also when I select a letter, it starts the list at the bottom, instead of the bringing the selected letter to the top of the list, like in other ROMs.

Anyone aware of the fixes for these issues?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
I haven't seen the bug that sends multiple messages. The text problem only seems to happen if I'm replying to an existing message.

Something else I've noticed is when viewing all contacts I try to scroll down through the letters, and it jumps back to the top. Also when I select a letter, it starts the list at the bottom, instead of the bringing the selected letter to the top of the list, like in other ROMs.

Anyone aware of the fixes for these issues?
I have this rom and just went to contacts to see if it does what yours does. Sorry mines working perfectly so i guess it's with your unit.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

RSTG-

I have been running 2.7.35 for a few weeks now. I had something unusual start happening yesterday. During the day, at work, i set my ringer to vibrate from the hard buttons on the phone so when i get a call, text message or email the phone will just vibrate. Well, yesterday it stopped vibrating when i would recieve emails and text messages. It will still vibrate when i receive a call but will not vibrate on the other notifications. This has not been a problem before yesterday. Any ideas? i have checked all my sound and notification settings but they all seem normal. Also, I have not tweaked the phone at all. And I have soft reset about 4 times.

Thnx in advance.

Stravy

Last edited by stravy; 04-09-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: na
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Hey guys, I want to try out this ROM but I want to make sure I flash it right.
I have an Alltel Diamond, is this the correct process?;

Flash back to stock ROM
flash RSTG Full without sprint stuff
Let cust run?? (not sure about this one)
Hard Reset
Run DCD's carrier .cab?? (not sure about this one either)

I'v flashed my Diamond several times but this ROM seems a little more carrier specific than the others Iv tried.

Thanks!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Hey guys, I want to try out this ROM but I want to make sure I flash it right.
I have an Alltel Diamond, is this the correct process?;

Flash back to stock ROM
flash RSTG Full without sprint stuff
Let cust run?? (not sure about this one)
Hard Reset
Run DCD's carrier .cab?? (not sure about this one either)

I'v flashed my Diamond several times but this ROM seems a little more carrier specific than the others Iv tried.

Thanks!
not necessary, Flash back to stock ROM
Yep, flash RSTG Full without sprint stuff
Yep, Let cust run??
not necessary, Hard Reset
yep, Run DCD's carrier .cab??

Yes, this is made with just sprint in mind. I'm not into "generalities" and love to tweak in my custom touch!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Thanks man! flashing now, I didnt figure the flash to stock and hard reset were "nessessities" but some chefs recommend it and I usually do it just for my own pease of mind that I did everything I could to make it run smooth and bug free.
Thanks again for the quick reply!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I haven't seen this problem mentioned before. I am running 2.7.35 and loving it. I went to settings,personal,buttons, and the following screen comes up. It won't let me exit out and gives an error. Pretty much have to soft reset, if I go back to button settings it does the same thing. Not sure when this started happening, before I think it only showed the Send(hold) button mapped to Voice command. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (13.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (12.0 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development