PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.11 Updated 2/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
Hi - thanks sooo much for adding the FM Radio. This is really a great ROM. I'm very excited about it. I'm using the newest with the Buuf theme.

One or two bugs, I think, tho - First, I have two little black boxes on the right hand side of my text messaging screen. I wanted to do a screenshot for you, but my POS anti-virus program won't let me download and install MyMobiler right now. Let me know if you're not getting the same problem and I'll work on getting the screen shot

Thanks!
A custom rom that you can't customize... That's BAAAD!

So here is what I did, I masked out the two (four) graphics for the messaging zoom to get rid of them. Which works well until you customize it and add a background wallpaper for TF3D. In which case, my edited graphics leave 2 black squares. I couldn't delete them, it left 2 white blocks.

Solution, the graphics are going back in with the next release. I still want you folks to be able to customize the look or your individual roms.

And the +/- do work somewhat, you hit one then the change is applied when you swipe up/down between messages. However, the settings are lost when you leave the tab and the default system size is restored when you re-activate the tab. It's my choice of manila skins, I can deal with two graphics I never use to keep it cool looking... I don't think there will be too many issues with the internet tab and the second globe, so that will stay...

Thanks for bringing that to my attention dreading!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.11 Updated 2/10/09

Updated Clean rom. In the first post, only items in green are in this one...

rstg_Diam_1.7.11_Clean
Old 02-11-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Crypter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Added to 2nd post:
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Updated Clean rom. In the first post, only items in green are in this one...

rstg_Diam_1.7.11_Clean
Thank you
Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

starletgt92 is a n00b

So I installed the Rom first thing this morning. On the old rom I was able to stream the music and now with this one I cant. I think the file extension to the streaming files is like fls. all it lets me stream are ones that end with asx. I believe. Im talking about from the link someone guided me when I wanted to listen to radio and the rom did not support it yet.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starletgt92 View Post
So I installed the Rom first thing this morning. On the old rom I was able to stream the music and now with this one I cant. I think the file extension to the streaming files is like fls. all it lets me stream are ones that end with asx. I believe. Im talking about from the link someone guided me when I wanted to listen to radio and the rom did not support it yet.
Which one did you install? The clean one doesn't have alot of things in there...
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

I just gave Clean 1.7.11 a try -- and I think I found a bug. When I go to the Photo/Camera tab I get the error message that AlbumSearcher.exe cannot be opened...signed certificate...blah blah blah....components cannot be found...blah blah blah. As a result, the photos can't be loaded.

Also, I noticed that FM Radio is not on the clean. I tried installing a cab and I got the same error message from above ... cannot be opened...signed certificate...components cannot be found... Any ideas about getting FM on the clean to work?
Thanks.

Last edited by Dreading; 02-11-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
I just gave Clean 1.7.11 a try -- and I think I found a bug. When I go to the Photo/Camera tab I get the error message that AlbumSearcher.exe cannot be opened...signed certificate...blah blah blah....components cannot be found...blah blah blah. As a result, the photos can't be loaded.

Also, I noticed that FM Radio is not on the clean. Are the drivers there so that if I install a cab, it will work?

Thanks.
Oops... Left out Social works Engine which also has HTC Album... I'll seperate those two later to fix it. Here is the .cab I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3122123 if you need to restore it.

The drivers are all in the OEM, so you can install the .cab and it should work. Here is a link to my modified OEM. I put all the necessary drivers inside the OEM and deleted the duplicates out of the rom. So install the .cab, and if doesn't work, copy all the files from inside the OEM to \windows. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/rst....1816.4032.rar
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Oh sorry, I edited my post without seeing you had posted. I tried installing the FM Radiocab, but it didn't work. I'll try a soft-reset and then try copying OEM files to Windows.

Tried copying OEM files -- Now I'm just getting an "unexpected error." I'll wait for the next release and then try it again. Thanks.

Last edited by Dreading; 02-11-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish

Quote:
Oops... Left out Social works Engine which also has HTC Album... I'll seperate those two later to fix it. Here is the .cab I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3122123 if you need to restore it.

The drivers are all in the OEM, so you can install the .cab and it should work. Here is a link to my modified OEM. I put all the necessary drivers inside the OEM and deleted the duplicates out of the rom. So install the .cab, and if doesn't work, copy all the files from inside the OEM to \windows. ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/rst....1816.4032.rar

Does this issue only apply to the clean version?

Thanks for the greate builds!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development