PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.09 Updated 2/8/09

I decided to sleep last night and didn't tweak your rom I just flashed one of your builds. the few bugs I have is the text message problem when they stay unread usually if I get multiple messages from the same person like mentioned earlier. also I use TouchPal, and often the first word I type will not show up, so I have to type it twice. the zoom in and out for text doesn't work on the current message you are looking at, I have to go to the next message to see how much it has zoomed in or out. also the freezing as mentioned earlier(which is not specific to your rom)
otherwise it is great. will keep playing with it to help iron out any bugs
Old 02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: RSTG Sprint(leaked) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v1.7.09 Updated 2/8/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I like the stock icons
The new stock ones or the old? I'm confused. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
I decided to sleep last night and didn't tweak your rom I just flashed one of your builds. the few bugs I have is the text message problem when they stay unread usually if I get multiple messages from the same person like mentioned earlier. also I use TouchPal, and often the first word I type will not show up, so I have to type it twice. the zoom in and out for text doesn't work on the current message you are looking at, I have to go to the next message to see how much it has zoomed in or out. also the freezing as mentioned earlier(which is not specific to your rom)
otherwise it is great. will keep playing with it to help iron out any bugs
I get that too, my sister has mastered rapidfire, sending 5 text messages in 2 seconds. I shouldn't have got her the Rant with that slide-out keyboard... I haven't seen that with touchpal, but also deleted out of the zzz_my_stuff_oem was stuff to disable xt9. It's a known issue with the zoom on the messaging tab, I'll see if I can't get mchapman007 to take it out, or see what I can do. And if you fix anything, let me know, I'm sure others would enjoy the fix as well!

Today I'm working on the tpro version, no big plans for this rom today...

Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Almost a VIP

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

no problem. I get home around 8 tonight. ill see what I can accomplish.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

starletgt92 is a n00b

I installed this rom and my Diamond is very, very slow now. However I want to keep this rom as it has very nice goodies. Anyone?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by starletgt92 View Post
I installed this rom and my Diamond is very, very slow now. However I want to keep this rom as it has very nice goodies. Anyone?
Which carrier and what else did you install? This rom is already loaded...Try reflashing, I don't expierence any slowness...
Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

I haven't noticed any slowness from my flash. I have discovered a soft/hard reset or a simple reflash can fix a lot of problems you may encounter. Just make sure you flash appropriately (follow directions) and you should be golden like the rest of us seem to be.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor

yeah mine is blazing fast with no glitches at all, he must needs a soft reset. everything seems to be good rstoy. nice work once again.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Almost a VIP

ok, i played around a little. getting happier. have about 75mb free now.

i cannot figure out the text message not typing the first word/ letter that i type.
i know it was a problem in mighty and calcus kitchen, and it was fixed. we probably should ask them what they did to fix it. aside from that and it not registering the text message count, without haveing to open them one by one to have an accurate count ( it will say i have 3 unread, yet i have responded to everyone and read each text, but still shows 3 unread) its going wonderfully.

Last edited by Brock1909; 02-09-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

starletgt92 is a n00b

okay Im going to reflash again. Hope it goes better this time. All other roms I have tried are just not this good.......
Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

I haven't had a problem with the first word not showing up/typing. But I use the Full Qwerty layout (don't know if it is based on keyboard or not). I think we have all had the freeze up a little while typing, but that isn't this rom. It seems to be plaguing a lot of the newer roms. A small price to pay for something with this level of performance.

Give the reflash a try and let us know how it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development