PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cellular South ROM Needed!

I had my phone for a little under 24 hours before I got impatient and tried to use the Kitchen to upgrade my Diamond. I have been upgrading my apache ever since ppcgeeks was started so I am very familiar with the flashing/kitchens etc, but somehow I managed to screw it up and now I am in need of the stock ROM for Cellular South. The Cellular South website and pretty much everywhere else I have checked have left me SOL. If anyone can find the stock Diamond ROM for CSouth or help me find a way to get it I would greatly appreciate it.
4. Give THANKS to those who deserve it!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Cellular South ROM Needed!

Did you read the sticky?

Are you GSM?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No Cell South is a tiny little CDMA carrier.. I didn't even hear they had the Diamond. Must be brand new... knowing the18 it is.

You should be able to run Conflippers Alltel ROM since both Alltel and CS use generic setups, afterward you'll need to do an OTA programming to get the PRL and whatnot but you should be good to go with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

If it's CDMA you can run any ROM, the only difference will be provisioning in EPST. There's a possibility that there are some settings needed in the ROM itself, but everything should still work with any ROM and EPST settings.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Kitchen Builder

Also, it this was bought from Cell South, the EPST should still be there from them.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South
Threadstarter

the18thtee is just getting started

Tobey, w0rdie, thanks for all the help. I flashed with a stock sprint rom and everything works fine I just hate having the Sprint logo all over the F'ing place. The alltel thing helps, because I didnt know that it used generic setups like csouth does.

Tobey, of course I read all the stickies and did all the research I could before flashing. EPST is generally not wiped out during a reflash or a hard reset so I wasnt concerned about those settings, but for some reason when I used the kitchen to build a custom ROM it broke my data connection, and phone codes wouldnt work so I couldnt use wideawakes tutorial to get my data conn back.
And yes, csouth is a small carrier nationwide but its a fairly common/popular one around its service areas. Rumor has it that CS is being bought out and/or merging with VZW so they wont be a small carrier anymore!

w0ridie, good to hear from you again, its been a while. Did you get the diamond yet? I was seriously going to buy the vogue last wednesday but I decided to wait another few days or so for some extra cash and i am glad i did because i checked the website fri and they released the diamond. I immediately went to the store and purchased it and this phone is freakin sweet!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I left CS and went to Alltel, I've had the Diamond for a while now, I've got hookups at Alltel so I get news and equipment a little early.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development