PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sdafasdlkfj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MIGHTY and JUICY

Guys--

I'm at a standstill and need help. I'm looking at the latest versions of both the Juicy and Mighty ROMS and they seem very similar.

I would like your input on what some key differences are between these two roms. So far, it seems as if these are the most popular roms available for the Diamond.

Please don't insult either of the two, they both work hard to make this possible. I don't want to turn this into a "which one is better thread," rather, I'd like to know what the key differences are and why some of you prefer one to the other.

Again, please don't insult anyone's diligent work.

Thank you,

Charles
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
Re: MIGHTY and JUICY

post like these almost always turn into a flame war. Just install either one and try it out for yourself. Its not that hard if you going to know which rom will work better for you within 24hours of installing (atleast i know i do). I hate threads that alway ask people to make up their minds for them. I'm not bashing you here... its just simple try them both out!!!!

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 11-18-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm not asking anyone to make up my mind for me. It seems that the ROMS are basically the same, and if anyone has input on what the differences are, please share.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdafasdlkfj View Post
Guys--

Again, please don't insult anyone's diligent work.

Thank you,

Charles
This can totally turn into a flame war... basically the ROMs are very similar. Since you're going to flash, you might as well load one up, play with it for 30 mins or so and get a "feel" for it and then load up the other and do that same. You don't need to load your customizations to get a "feel" for a rom. For instance, I never liked the "feel" of nueROM on my Titan, but it's a great ROM for the Titan. For my Diamond I create my own ROMs for what I think "feels" best.

One thing that I liked about MSR.... loved the Mighty Mouse screen... (I personally have Tigger on my welcome splash).

Daryel
Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
This can totally turn into a flame war... basically the ROMs are very similar. Since you're going to flash, you might as well load one up, play with it for 30 mins or so and get a "feel" for it and then load up the other and do that same. You don't need to load your customizations to get a "feel" for a rom. For instance, I never liked the "feel" of nueROM on my Titan, but it's a great ROM for the Titan. For my Diamond I create my own ROMs for what I think "feels" best.

One thing that I liked about MSR.... loved the Mighty Mouse screen... (I personally have Tigger on my welcome splash).

Daryel
Input like Daryel's is much appreciated. Thanks, bud.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Like everyone is saying it's all personal preference, certain things different in my rom would be feautures like smaller icons within the programs & settings pages, thicker scroll bars of easier touch movement, a bunch of registry edits which are almost primarily the same between msr and juicy rom. Juicy has just implemented an iphone spoof in the opera browser so it thinks your phone is an iphone and iphone specific webpages loadup like urmm.... the iphone lol... Cool feature although java isn't working 100% which hinders that feature in certain areas. MSR has call history & calendar tabs which juicy does not implement.

Those are some of the differences...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Mr. Mike:

Do you update drivers and 'stuff'?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Well lets put it like this both have a different flare to them however neither give you the true benefit of the windows mobile version that they chose to use .... what i have seen is that the use a mixture of xips and sys which for short term use seems very stable but in long terms where are the benefits of the updates besides the different registry tweaks that they both offer like for instance most of you thought that 20294 was broke when in actuality it changed slightly and the correct xip would benefit this build to support its stability .... not to bash just giving my input so take this to be constructive
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Well lets put it like this both have a different flare to them however neither give you the true benefit of the windows mobile version that they chose to use .... what i have seen is that the use a mixture of xips and sys which for short term use seems very stable but in long terms where are the benefits of the updates besides the different registry tweaks that they both offer like for instance most of you thought that 20294 was broke when in actuality it changed slightly and the correct xip would benefit this build to support its stability .... not to bash just giving my input so take this to be constructive
20924 was broken it was missing stuff., had to be ported form an older sys. it wasn't an official release and i think it had a time bomb in it. i could be wrong tho.

we are working on 20759 now tho

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-18-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
20924 was broken it was missing stuff., had to be ported form an older sys. it wasn't an official release and i think it had a time bomb in it. i could be wrong tho.

we are working on 20759 now tho
the version of it that I found came from xda there was nothing wrong with it except I just could never find a "true" source for it .... I'm using 20931 never really found a "official" source for it but it works one bug but nothing that is a deal breaker
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development