PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mbord is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MIGHTY and JUICY

Havent tried mighty...just Juicy. It's good except it sucks with the sptint pic mail! I have to go to an almost all sprint rom for the pic mail to work good. Other than that I dont know what to tell you.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Juicy has just implemented an iphone spoof in the opera browser so it thinks your phone is an iphone and iphone specific webpages loadup like urmm.... the iphone lol... Cool feature

Those are some of the differences...
its gone in the latest release (3.5)

One major difference, aside from asthetics is that my Opera build contains alot of tweaks over the GF/TC release and I'm using a diff SYS (19974)

Last edited by Juicy47; 11-19-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbord View Post
Havent tried mighty...just Juicy. It's good except it sucks with the sptint pic mail! I have to go to an almost all sprint rom for the pic mail to work good. Other than that I dont know what to tell you.
pic mail have always worked for me on both juicy and MSR ,the pic mail is a bit tricky and buggy if you ask me ,but it works nevertheless ,most of the time it depends on the sprint servers rather than the ROM

IMO with Juicy you would get the latest drivers and updates ,a lot of reg tweaks and Juicy always manages to add a new unique ported feature every few releases, like the iphone id thing ,the facebook and youtube uploader,but sometimes some compatibility issues needs to be worked out and usually end up with a great release after few trials,IMO it is always exciting and fun to have juicy's Roms

on the other hand i would say IMO the MSR is the play it safe kind of ROM where it is mostly stable due to tested software and drivers not a lot of trials i believe he makes sure everything is compatible before cooking the ROM so you might get some older drivers or software but as he always say"newer drivers are not always better"which is true,MSR adds to the Basic software few programs"battery monitor,Registry editor,and the mighty splash screen,the history and the calendar tab in the tfl3d which can bee added easily to any tfl3d by a simple manila edit "

so overall they very close and yet very different ,i enjoy both of them,so test them both and decide and remember ,you might not like one release but you might like the next ,so keep an open mind

also i see alot of chefs now that you might want to try ,no2chem with Nueroms ,and many others so check them out.
goodluck and have fun
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Hi, I think all of the chefs have done a great job at significantly improving the speed, stability and battery life over stock, so it really is personal choice about the features and apps that they use.

You can learn alot about the differences and features by reading the change logs that they post. It's probably much easier for you to do that than having everyone talk about differences, particuarily given denttarek's point that they change each release, so it also really depends on the version. And these guys are always working hard, so the versions change constantly.

Also, if you read through posts, you'll figure out if a ROM is likely to work well with a particular application that you like, like SprintTV. Do a search for the programs you use in each thread, and you'll learn alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denttarek View Post
also i see alot of chefs now that you might want to try ,no2chem with Nueroms ,and many others so check them out.
goodluck and have fun
I agree with this point as well. I personally like Juggalo's. He's added clear clock and wallpaper background on all tabs. I like these and I could add them myself through cabs, but I've found these cabs to slow things down the past. However, cooked in his ROM they don't seem to slow anything down. Also, he's made Ring volume the default instead of system, which I really like. He's also added MusicID and the newest version of I.E. Mobile. Some folks might not care about any of these things, but they have me sold.

Last edited by Dreading; 11-19-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm very sorry guys, but for reasons already stated I don't like comparison threads. Don't just look at the first post, but also take a look at user reviews and use user input to help you make your decision. Does it take time? You bet, but this is your phone we're talking about, if you're going to hack it you better be willing to read up on it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development