PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindil View Post
yeah that flash back to stock thing doesn't seem to make a difference and I dont understand how it's supposed to work. I thought when you deleted the FAT table on the storage that the files we essentially gone and the new operating system wouldn't even know they were once there, let alone use them. I guess I am making the assumption that its using a FAT based file stystem. I don't know how a file could be overwritten and still be useable or linked somehow into the new operating system.
Ok so I flashed to the SHIPPED rom, not stock rom and then flashed my 21038 SYS rom with the 21042 OEM folder and everything seems to be running good now. Strange but I will keep testing and see how it goes.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Hey Calku, I was wondering if you might be able to answer my question. I have asked it twice in Mightys thread because his roms are the only ones i have ever seen this in and I have now seen it in your new 21042 kitchen. For some reason the sip doesnt automatically switch between T9 and ABC. Example, in opera it automatically switches to ABC whenever you type in the address bar and on webpages and when you go to SMS to type a text, it automatically switches back to T9. Is this the SYS or do you think it is the SIP. Thanks for your help, this is my only pet peeve.

EDIT: Just so its clear, I like the automated switching.
No one knows what I am talking about here?

EDIT: Ok so I have been doing some testing on this. I built a rom using 21028 SYS with the OEM folder from the 21042 kitchen, keyboard doesnt automatically switch. I built a second rom using the 21028 SYS kitchen and kept the OEM folder that came with it, keyboard automatically switches. I am stumped. I dont know what else it could be. The keyboard I am selecting is the Diamond/TouchPro Ezinput. In both the 21028 kitchen and the 21042 kitchen it is the same version number, so that rules out that it is the sip that is causing the issue. And based upon the fact that I used the same SYS on both attempts and had different results means that it is something else. Ill keep testing but if anyone has any ideas what could affect this, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by KBZL; 04-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
I actually have managed to get 21028 working. And the normal slider seems fine. My problem is the slider on the email account selector on the messaging tab is all white. but that's relatively minor.

I'll see how it works tomorrow. For now, i'm going to bed.
Yah it was only a problem in the 21038 and above SYS
Old 04-04-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapinky View Post
can you share your kitchen? i can not build with inda sys and calku kitchen, my roms dont boot
I'm just using the 21198 SYS and XIP from this thread here on PPCGeeks. The SYS is also over on XDA in this thread. I just downloaded 21202 and have yet to even port the XIP over. I'll probably work on that after my son goes to bed.

Oh, I'm still using Calkulin's v4.5 kitchen for now. I usually wait for you guys to work out all the OEM bugs with Calkulin (and help when I can too).
Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

megapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
I'm just using the 21198 SYS and XIP from this thread here on PPCGeeks. The SYS is also over on XDA in this thread. I just downloaded 21202 and have yet to even port the XIP over. I'll probably work on that after my son goes to bed.

Oh, I'm still using Calkulin's v4.5 kitchen for now. I usually wait for you guys to work out all the OEM bugs with Calkulin (and help when I can too).

i was trying 21198 SYS and oem from Indagroove, you can check if works for you, i tried several times and my rom dont boot.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

Quick question... Under settings, battery there is an "information tab" that lists "last full charge" etc... This has never worked for me, am I missing something?

Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

is there a cab to patch in the facebook integration on any tp2 manila that doesnt have it??????
Old 04-04-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapinky View Post
i was trying 21198 SYS and oem from Indagroove, you can check if works for you, i tried several times and my rom dont boot.
I'm using indagroove's 21198 sys and rom on calc's 1.5 kitchen and have been running a stable 6.5 rom for about a week now... however I had to replace some reloc files which you can find here
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Tp2 Is Like Having A Wife That Nags For No Reason......eventually It Will Just Get On Your Nerves And Youll Leave It In A "flash"
Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

can i use the verizon skin colors for my sprint phone, i really like the light black and maroon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom