PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
initflashfiles.dat

The code in that needs to be in the one in the rom. (look on the left side of the kitchen).
Ok I found the ini file but I'm not sure where I need to put it in the Kitchen. Also, Do I drop the folder from the .rar with all the manila EXT's into the main EXT folder or do I need to drop each Manila EXT folder seperatly into the main EXT folder?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
initflashfiles.dat

The code in that needs to be in the one in the rom. (look on the left side of the kitchen).
So i selected initflashfiles.dat on the left and clicked editor. It searched and found two. One in the ext package i put into the kitchen and one in OEMS. Which do i edit?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Okay guys, I got it to work! There is some things that you will have to remove from the OEM folder like shared modules and shared resources, etc. Make sure you download the Leo packages in the second post from his thread and replace any of those OEMs with the ones in Calkulins Kitchen. I might post a ROM tonight just so you guys can get an idea of how manila 2.5 runs. One thing I did noticed was that I cannot set weather wallpaper.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Okay guys, I got it to work! There is some things that you will have to remove from the OEM folder like shared modules and shared resources, etc. Make sure you download the Leo packages in the second post from his thread and replace any of those OEMs with the ones in Calkulins Kitchen. I might post a ROM tonight just so you guys can get an idea of how manila 2.5 runs. One thing I did noticed was that I cannot set weather wallpaper.
What about the initflashfiles.dat? Can you help me with which one im supposed to edit? Also, what shared items did you remove?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
What about the initflashfiles.dat? Can you help me with which one im supposed to edit? Also, what shared items did you remove?
Well I edit one of the OEM's app.dat included and place that in there.

Well there is a few, I don't know if I will remove any others, I also disable a lot of OEMs can't give you the full list because I don't remember all of them but the ones that I deleted from the OEM folder were:
System - Shared Modules 1.01.1919.3330.00
System - Shared Resource 1.0.1919.2728.00
System - Resource Proxy 1.0.1916.2229.01
System - Concurrence Manager 1.5.1919.1120.00

Not sure if I will need to delete some more.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Well I edit one of the OEM's app.dat included and place that in there.

Well there is a few, I don't know if I will remove any others, I also disable a lot of OEMs can't give you the full list because I don't remember all of them but the ones that I deleted from the OEM folder were:
System - Shared Modules 1.01.1919.3330.00
System - Shared Resource 1.0.1919.2728.00
System - Resource Proxy 1.0.1916.2229.01
System - Concurrence Manager 1.5.1919.1120.00

Not sure if I will need to delete some more.
app.dat included where? In the kitchen? And what do you mean place it there? Sorry for the questions, i just really want to build a rom with this. I tried once before but with no luck. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
app.dat included where? In the kitchen? And what do you mean place it there? Sorry for the questions, i just really want to build a rom with this. I tried once before but with no luck. Thanks.
Okay, copy the text in the initflashfiles.dat and paste it to any of the OEMs that you will include in the ROM. For example I have my own OEM for slide2turnoff application, I open that OEM, click on app.dat and edit it, then paste that text in the initflashes.dat in there and save it. Get me?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Okay, copy the text in the initflashfiles.dat and paste it to any of the OEMs that you will include in the ROM. For example I have my own OEM for slide2turnoff application, I open that OEM, click on app.dat and edit it, then paste that text in the initflashes.dat in there and save it. Get me?
So i do that for all of the leo packages, and all of the packages in the manila folders?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok I get that but you're saying to do that in the OEM's not the EXT's correct? Just verifying.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Ok I get that but you're saying to do that in the OEM's not the EXT's correct? Just verifying.
Well you only need to do that in only ONE of the oems in the EXT Folder.
I meant OEM as in the program's cab converter to a package which is the OEM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom