PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

x42384 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trojan.Emcodec - Visual Kitchen

Has anyone detected a Trojan in the latest Calkulin Visual Kitchen. Symantec Antivirus is complaining. (not sure if this is a false positive).

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Risk: Trojan.Emcodec
File: C:\rom\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v3 9-19\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v3 9-19\Tools\IMGFS\osnbtool.exe
Old 09-19-2009, 10:03 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Trojan.Emcodec - Visual Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Has anyone detected a Trojan in the latest Calkulin Visual Kitchen. Symantec Antivirus is complaining. (not sure if this is a false positive).

File: C:\rom\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v3 9-19\Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen v3 9-19\Tools\IMGFS\osnbtool.exe
I run Kaspersky, which I believe is much more robust than NAV, and Kaspersky doesn't complain.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Trojan.Emcodec - Visual Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post

I got one to from Symantec but it didn't mess anything up.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

Toushi is a n00b
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

I don't mean to offend calk, but coming from a juicy rom, this one just flat out sucks. I have tried multiple cookings from the kitchen and they just never work right. Sometimes they crash, others it is just way to buggy.
I would just like to thank you for your effort, and I do appreciate it but this rom just isn't for pros like juicy's was.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toushi View Post
I don't mean to offend calk, but coming from a juicy rom, this one just flat out sucks.
I don't mean to offend Toushi, but coming from reading more mature forum posters, you just flat out suck.

Last edited by WarAxe; 09-19-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toushi View Post
I don't mean to offend calk, but coming from a juicy rom, this one just flat out sucks. I have tried multiple cookings from the kitchen and they just never work right. Sometimes they crash, others it is just way to buggy.
I would just like to thank you for your effort, and I do appreciate it but this rom just isn't for pros like juicy's was.
Well thats funny...the rom I made in calk's works fine, no problems.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
the TF3D screen is shifted toward the bottom by several rows - i.e there's a gap at the top, and the manila tabs are underneath the bottom windows bar by the same amount.
I just built a 23053/6.5 and got the exact same issue. It looks like the manilla display is in the OLD position... before the buttons got moved to the bottom of the screen in the later finger-friendly 6.5 builds.

Could it have been because in the visual kitchen I chose "6.5" rather than "6.5.1"?

Last edited by WarAxe; 09-19-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
U just built a 23053/6.5 and got the exact same issue. It looks like the manilla display is in the OLD position... before the buttons got moved to the bottom of the screen in the later finger-friendly 6.5 builds.

Could it have been because in the visual kitchen I chose "6.5" rather than "6.5.1"?
Yeah, you need to use 6.5.1 and make sure to include the "e-Natives Showcase Suite 1.1.0", which (I think) includes the position fix.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

makavel is becoming a great contributor

I'm really enjoying 23053! I have a couple questions though. Ever since I started using the 6.5.1 builds, I've been unable to swap between the different versions of the HTC keyboards (for example, swapping from Phone to Full QWERTY or vice versa) without manually editing the registry. Is there any way to do this on the newer builds? When I touch & hold the keyboard menu, it just shows FingerKeyboard, Full QWERTY (the HTC keyboard) and Keyboard (the Microsoft keyboard), with no option to pick between the different HTC keyboards.

Also, does anyone else have the FingerKeyboard configuration utility crash every time they try to load it? I'm totally unable to customize FingerKeyboard (this is more important to my brother rather than me because I use the HTC keyboard, but I feel bad for him!). It's been like this ever since I started using the visual kitchen, but it might just be some option I've been choosing, which is why I ask.

Otherwise, everything is working well. Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks to Calkulin for a fantastic kitchen!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Yeah, you need to use 6.5.1 and make sure to include the "e-Natives Showcase Suite 1.1.0", which (I think) includes the position fix.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Perhaps the showcase suite will also make the upper-right program icon invisible again... since the clock is there, too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom