PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-12-08 \ SYS 20931] Calkulin's GF\TC Kitchen & ROMs v3.0

Hmm... for some reason, UC is having trouble using the kitchen. My standard UC setup doesn't get past the the first program in SDConfig.txt, then resets...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
Hmm... for some reason, UC is having trouble using the kitchen. My standard UC setup doesn't get past the the first program in SDConfig.txt, then resets...

This UC in the GF\TC kitchen is not programmed to look for a SDConfig.txt, so open the rgu file in the Other - UC folder in notepad and edit the AutoRunCFG to point where you have your file

Last edited by Calkulin; 11-13-2008 at 12:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks, Calcu. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your help! Great kitchen!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
I use SIPChange because it helps to prevent the issue of the first letter not getting typed but it's not completely compatible with the blackstone keyboard, so the issue of the menu not popping up is a known issue. But if you install the Diamond EzInput, the menu works
Is there a way to completely get rid of SIPchange without cooking our own rom and taking it out? I tried deleting the shortcut in startup, but it didnt help. I really like the Blackstone keyboard better. I didnt notice this bug with your previous rom and it had the blackstone keyboard.....

p.s. This might be my favorite rom yet. Thanks for all the work!!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

jsphczz is just getting started

i had the same issue, menu not popping up, with both blackstone and diamond ez input keyboards in the kitchen.

also the "sound" area in tf3d "settings" tab has white text on the white background so you cannot see the words too well.

anyone else having the htc task manager issue where it blanks out the home screen when the dropdown is pressed?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:32 AM
VIP Member

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i'm getting file not found when trying to DL the kitchen
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 AM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint and the occasional headaches

a2k is keeping up the good worka2k is keeping up the good work

Nice.

Trouble encountered thus far is when usin the Diamond or Blackstone EZ Input, I'm unable to select other methods of input. When I select the small up arrow to switch SIP, nothing occurs.

Note: I did not install transcriber, but I don't think this should have any effect.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcu View Post
This UC in the GF\TC kitchen is not programmed to look for a SDConfig.txt, so open the rgu file in the Other - UC folder in notepad and edit the AutoRunCFG to point where you have your file
SDautorun shouldnt be told to look for sdconfig.txt there. Unless something was changed, the oem_operator.txt from the carrier oems should call that. Thats prolly what happened
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

For this kitchen specifically, it's one of the config_operator.txt files. A few of them call SDAutoRun.exe AND call for a reset. Some of them don't. (SDAutoRun calls for a reset on its own if an SDConfig.txt is not present, so its effectively having it call for a reset twice. Or, in my case, call for a reset right after beginning to process SDConfig.txt). So I removed the RST: Reset and the UC now works properly.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsphczz View Post
i had the same issue, menu not popping up, with both blackstone and diamond ez input keyboards in the kitchen.

also the "sound" area in tf3d "settings" tab has white text on the white background so you cannot see the words too well.

anyone else having the htc task manager issue where it blanks out the home screen when the dropdown is pressed?

I will remove SIPChange and leave it as a cab to be installed by the user

The white is a side effect of having the comm manager tab because it uses the same file for font color, so that's why it's white. But replace this file if you want the text in black
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1f3be060_manila.zip (25.5 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Calkulin; 11-13-2008 at 02:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom