PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus View Post
Got the full version (like 112mb) I run the Calkulin's HTC Kitchen.cmd (as admin, I have vista) select option 1, then 1 agian for Diamond and option 3 and I get "missing OS.nb.payload from ROM folder" , but the ROM folder is there with that file. Any help?
Unzip again to the current folder. That fixes this problem, at least for me.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SupaSnipaX is just getting started
Re: [ Jan 6 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
You want to elaborate on your question?

Did you install the base rom?

Did you install the standard rom?

Did you build from the kitchen (custom rom)?

Best regards,
-boggsie
I installed the Standard ROM 4.0.

When I used an old versino of Might Rom, I was able to see most flash sites. Now I can't see anything with the new MightyRom or the new Calkulin Rom. I hope I didn't damamge something myself :P
Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Jan 3 \ OS 5.2.21109 v4.0 Preview ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.3, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Hello meatgel, could you PM me with the particulars on how you add your cabs in the flash process. Also, if you have any idea on how to set up email accounts during the flash process, I'd love that info too. The email set up area in Calc's kitchen is greyed out so I can't add my info. Thanks in advance!

Ummm... me too please???
Old 01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

I've seen the talk about the YOU-TUBE problems... read over the posts, done some experimenting with drivers, reflashing, flashing back to stock.

currently I am using the 4.0 version of the kitchen. downloaded 1/6/09.

First let me say that the kitchen works great. I love it. I am not even that partial to having YOU-Tube on the phone... I have only used it on very rare occasion but I like to have it all working... lol I am sure a few of you agree that if it is there it should work.

So let me tell you all what I am experiencing. everything on the phone works, including YOU-tube. YOU-tube just won't play some videos, when I go into you-tube setting and select fast download, I can play videos without sound. If I choose high quality then no videos will play that I can find. Not being a WIZ at windows mobile or YOU-tube for that matter I still think it sounds a little like some sort of CODEC problem. For the life of me I have tried to figure out where I am screwing it up in the system. I have not thus far.

EDIT: VIDEO Playback on youtube is very random... but never any audio... definely think I either left a package out that was needed or there is a codec that is not playing nicely somewhere.

Just throwing this out there be it valid or not to see if one of you experts might be able to use the info to go "holy crap" that's it lol... that idiot steiner is installing the wrong video streamer or some crap like that. doubt it is that simple as I have seen all the flavors of problems surrounding you-tube in the thread.

One other thing worth noting, Flashed my phone 24 hrs ago, picked it up this morning to make a call and had no signal. restarted the phone and it ran customize again and said something to the effect of corrupt nand flash?? went by to fast so who knows... anyway I flashed back to sprint stock then reflashed my custom rom. is running fine now (except for the utube thing)
Understand this is probably some type of file anomally from flashing often and to flash a totally different ROM then go back at times helps to clea the issue.

Also had the Blue-tooth issues with SU2U 1.40. Funny thing is when I was using 1.37 did not have those issues, nor did I have them after uninstalling 1.37 then upgrading to 1.40. only had them when I did a clean install of 1.40 from a newly flashed ROM... the layperson may deduce that there is a setting or combination of setting in 1.40 that cause a problem. Possible that the problem is not actually the software but how it is set up.

Anyways there is my 2 cents. No solutions, only problems... no gripes though I really like your work CALCU, looks like you put a lot of time into it. As I learn I will contribute more. Doesn't take me too long to get on board with how things work.

Later and thanks for the help from you all.

Last edited by steinerd; 01-07-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

[QUOTE=Drybonz;624436]I still can't figure out what I might have done that caused all my notifcations (alarm, text notice, etc) to be turned off while on the charger. If anyone can suggest anything I greatly appreciate it.

I had the same thing this morning. I use Galarm and it never went off. I had it set last night at 730 and it went off, but not this morning on the charger.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

az93civic is keeping up the good workaz93civic is keeping up the good work

[quote=06gmc;625056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I still can't figure out what I might have done that caused all my notifcations (alarm, text notice, etc) to be turned off while on the charger. If anyone can suggest anything I greatly appreciate it.

I had the same thing this morning. I use Galarm and it never went off. I had it set last night at 730 and it went off, but not this morning on the charger.
and my phone wont ring when i get a call
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

[quote=az93civic;625067]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gmc View Post

and my phone wont ring when i get a call
I have seen this problem also... It has happened on a couple of the 2xxxx systems. It has never happened (to me - so far) on 19xxx.

It seems to work for a while - then this (no ring) is one of the first symptoms, soon other things start to fail. Kitchen 4.0 (21109) took 36 hours, then no ring, followed by corrupt file warnings...

Kitchen 3.7.1 (20954) is the only one (so far) that has made it more than 36 hours without a failure.

This problem has happened with other kitchens, and seems to follow the 2xxxx systems.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

Hope this was not already addressed but for those of you who like to use S2U2, I could not get 1.40 and bluetooth to play nice with Kitchen 4.0 so I reverted back to 1.37 and no bluetooth problems. course I have not quite been using it a day yet so something could crop up but nothing so far.

I flashed a rom from the kitchen just with the basics to try out the stability of the 21109 sys. I think may times the corruptions come from the flash memory not being cleared... can't find the right terms but flash memory or static memory that is supposed to be nonvolatile will retain bit's if not properly prepped.

If I am flashing a PROM or better yet an EEPROM chip on a reflash of even a simple timer register I have to ensure the chip is properly cleared before reflashing the new program. Even then using high quality chips it does not always work the first time... in the past I have gotten failure rates as high as 1 out of 7 or 8 chips don't take the programming the first time. does not mean the chip is bad, does not mean the flasher I was using was bad, does not mean the software was bad....

could even be that the power supply voltage had a ripple or was a little low at the office compared to at home. voltage regulators are supposed to take care of these things but I bet you a dime to a dozen that the tolerance on a USB output voltage is greater than the acceptable tolerance on the flash memory in an HTC Diamond.

You all have got me curious now so I am diving into this one...
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

[quote=06gmc;625056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I still can't figure out what I might have done that caused all my notifcations (alarm, text notice, etc) to be turned off while on the charger. If anyone can suggest anything I greatly appreciate it.

Calc, it sounds like several people are having issues with not receiving various notifications while the phone is on the charger. Do you have any insight on this? If so, it is most appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steinerd is a n00b

I give up... the 3d driver cab fixed the you tube problem for me this time... i now have audio... this thing is crazy lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom