PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090524 (21234.5.0.1) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by takos View Post
Seems the youtube app isn't working? I can't play any video (although I can browse.
Other than that, no issues.
I can't browse - after a lengthy time with hourglass spinning - get a message "No Videos".

I'll do a quick check of all features later to establish a baseline for building my own from the kitchen. Will post results tonight.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

Soaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Iris Browser still locks up despite the new drivers. ):

I'll test it out with the OEM GSM drivers, even though they suck. :\
Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I can't browse - after a lengthy time with hourglass spinning - get a message "No Videos".

I'll do a quick check of all features later to establish a baseline for building my own from the kitchen. Will post results tonight.
youtube is not working for me either. good news is sprint tv works just fine.

Overall, this rom works great. Very smooth, fast windows access as mentioned in the changelog. very clean and functional. I have not played around with rhodium nor plan to. just switched right over to titanium a startup. Have 35mb left with about 6 programs loaded, only sprint tv, titanium weather 4.2, chome editor, and a couple smaller cabs loaded to device memory so it's kind of tight with memory. I had zero issues flashing this rom and will test out battery now.

One other thing, the lock fixes delays with the ringer and incoming calls. great idea to use the classic lock.

Last edited by Riley; 05-24-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

FYI:

If you want the 6.5 lock screen make the following registry edit:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Lockscreen: change the value in the 'Enable' key from 0 to 1

Another solution to the lock screen/incoming call issue is to disable the HTC Dialer.

HKLM>Security>Phone>Skin: change the value in the 'Enable' key from 1 to 0

Its a give and take really, which do you prefer? Dialer or lock screen. BTW, the WM dialer lying underneath has been nicely skinned.

Thanks Juicy!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Kitchen feedback:

To familiarize myself with your kitchen, I built one using your BuildOS defaults with one exception - I unchecked Opera.

During initial boot customizations, I get an error "The file: \Windows...Opera9_WWE.cab does not exist!" Then the device freezes until I reset it.

Also, BuildOS doesn't show GoogleMaps (there's no Option.xml in the folder).

No big deal, since I'll likely just delete modules/cabs/OEMS I don't want and delete the Option.xml's from the remaining OEMs.

Thanks again - this will give me something to play with tonight, and I feel will be a great base for me to build a "skinny" ROM.

Last edited by willysp; 05-25-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

another rom mirror...
http://www.newlyme.net/Juicy_7_090524V.rar

kitchen mirror...
http://www.newlyme.net/Juicy_7_090524.rar
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
FYI:

If you want the 6.5 lock screen make the following registry edit:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Lockscreen: change the value in the 'Enable' key from 0 to 1

Another solution to the lock screen/incoming call issue is to disable the HTC Dialer.

HKLM>Security>Phone>Skin: change the value in the 'Enable' key from 1 to 0

Its a give and take really, which do you prefer? Dialer or lock screen. BTW, the WM dialer lying underneath has been nicely skinned.

Thanks Juicy!
nice info mlin!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

so far so good, but i have to ask again why you removed the phone keypad that you had in your previous roms? i know ive brought it up before, and others have asked as well, but youve never said why. is there something that doesnt work in it? it wouldnt be a big deal if there was a cab out there for it, but so far there isnt one
Old 05-24-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Youtube errors and ringtone corruption are present. I'm addressing them and will re-upload a fixed version when I figure things out.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Youtube errors and ringtone corruption are present. I'm addressing them and will re-upload a fixed version when I figure things out.
cool, by the way is flipit or changescreen cooked in or something else? I'm getting screen rotation but don't see anything in programs or settings. funny thing there is no rotation in titanium home or programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development