PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-28-08] Juicy ROM 3.8 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.1.2.7] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsage View Post
Are you going here: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Tob...20Unlocker.rar

It just worked for me..

Same problem on three different browsers
Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

are you running a mac?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman25 View Post
are you running a mac?
hey parkman, i like obey too
Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

jeremybartel is a n00b

This is one of the fastest ROMs I've ever used. I've been using MightysRom 2.3 for a few weeks, then Juicy's 3.7.1, and now Juicy's 3.8, which is the fastest. TouchFlo loads significantly faster, and the device is more responsive. I had a couple issues with the keyboard in this release. Whenever I click on the Keyboard button, it clicks the button to either the left or right of it (usually Back or Next). I can select a different keyboard, but I cannot simply turn the keyboard ON and OFF by clicking on the keyboard icon. It sounds likes its a known issue, so I won't elaborate further. Best build yet; I love the Internet Sharing, Opera is working better, and lots of the small extras like QuickGPS make the GPS fast and functional in other GPS applications than Telus's Navigator (Thanks guys!). Google Maps now picksup my location almost immediately.
One question, thats probably answered elsewhere already, but is there anyway of customizing the menus, or removing the TouchFlo3d interface from startup?
Secondly, what's the best way to backup the data and email settings, so that I can restore them after a new flash, without the restore altering system registry settings that the new ROM may have changed? I just want to restore the email/calendar/account-settings/tasks, and if possible, programs I've already installed previously. If anyone could help me with these two questions, I'd really appreciate it.
MightyRom is really good too; but this 3.8 build of Juicy is just soooo fast and responsive compared to the older Mightyrom i was using.
THANKS TEAM!
Jeremy
Old 11-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

hi Juicy gang ...... ive been up in Minnesota on vacation just checking in .... lots ofgoodwork goin on it looks like ... I think ill have to try 3.9 when it drops im still on 3.4 ......... see what happens when your in the boonies with no internets?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4G

ervman1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybartel View Post
what's the best way to backup the data and email settings, so that I can restore them after a new flash, without the restore altering system registry settings that the new ROM may have changed? I just want to restore the email/calendar/account-settings/tasks, and if possible, programs I've already installed previously.
Well the best way I've found to backup up my calendar and contacts has been to sync with outlook and so far i havent had a single problem. To put on whatever cabs you want and not have to always go through manually entering your email settings you should look into user customization (uc)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337
Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Has anyone one the Telus Network been having inconsistent GPS results for the past two day, i.e.. GPS locking within seconds, with 9-10sats. To no sats found. This has been occurring of and on since Friday.

PS. The sky is clear, I'm outside when attempts are made, the GPS settings are unchanged and I've tried soft/hard reset. Still inconsistent

I'm running V3.8
Google Maps
TomTom 7

Ok Juicy, I think I need your opinion on this one. Sitting on the balcony, relfashed Stock Telus ROM from the Internal. The GPS locked 6 out of six times, 9sats. Went back to J V3.8, frist three attempts no GpS Lock, 4th attempt 9sats, 5th to 10th attempt, No GPS. Back to Stock Telus ROM GPS lock every time. I DON"T UNDERSTAND

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 11-29-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
hey parkman, i like obey too
oh no way?!

Shepard Fairey's my favorite artist.
He does some pretty cool stuff
Old 11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervman1 View Post
Well the best way I've found to backup up my calendar and contacts has been to sync with outlook and so far i havent had a single problem. To put on whatever cabs you want and not have to always go through manually entering your email settings you should look into user customization (uc)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337
You might want to try Spb Backup, Its all you'll ever need.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Has anyone one the Telus Network been having inconsistent GPS results for the past two day, i.e.. GPS locking within seconds, with 9-10sats. To no sats found. This has been occurring of and on since Friday.

PS. The sky is clear, I'm outside when attempts are made, the GPS settings are unchanged and I've tried soft/hard reset. Still inconsistent

I'm running V3.8
Google Maps
TomTom 7

Ok Juicy, I think I need your opinion on this one. Sitting on the balcony, relfashed Stock Telus ROM from the Internal. The GPS locked 6 out of six times, 9sats. Went back to J V3.8, frist three attempts no GpS Lock, 4th attempt 9sats, 5th to 10th attempt, No GPS. Back to Stock Telus ROM GPS lock every time. I DON"T UNDERSTAND
New GPS drivers coming in 3.9
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development