PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

Riley 11-28-2008 11:58 PM

Re: [NOV 26th New Sprint/Alltel Radio V1.03.15F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3hutson (Post 548519)
Alright cool. Thanks for the info from both of you, it helped clear up a lot.

I ended up updating with verizon's radio from internal memory with a soft reset after the install. It worked great, phone and GPS still work. Also, where I am I usually get 0-1 bars, and I know get 2-3. So far so good, hopefully this fixes the battery issue a bit.

good to hear. by the way, are you with sprint? I heard that the verizon radio was locking up using gps more than a few minutes. I may want to try this one since you are saying you get better reception. I would like that since I am stuck on maybe 1 bar in my house. I am currently using the 1.03.15f sprint radio but dont really see much improvement with battery or bars.

flindil 11-29-2008 06:54 PM

Re: [NOV 26th New Sprint/Alltel Radio V1.03.15F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread

I'm a Telus customer and I was using the Verizon radio and it made a substantial improvement in battery life for me. I tried the sprint radio and the only difference I noticed is I wouldn't be able to send a sms every once in a while. It would spam with retry error messages. I flashed back to Verizon and its fine again.

gamer007 11-29-2008 10:48 PM

For me, the Sprint radio caused me to either not receive SMS or receive them late. Never got 1 from a friend yesterday, later I got him to send me a SMS to test and received it 20mins after he sent it.

The Verzon radio has worked for me flawlessly.

c3hutson 11-29-2008 11:37 PM

A day later everything is great with the sprint-->VZW swap.

Riley 11-30-2008 12:02 AM

ok I took the plunge and tried the verizon radio. so far so good. I didn't notice any difference in data speed between the original stock sprint diamond rom or the new sprint tp radio but the verizon radio is giving me better coverage in my house especially in my basement. i will keep an eye on it and see if it locks up as others have noted but overall it is performing better. I actually got 900kbs speed in my basement (wow!) where as with the sprint stock diamond radio, I was lucky to get 500 and most of the time i was getting 300kbs or less. so if the verizon radio gives you better battery and this performance this one may be a keeper!

update: after a couple days of normal usage, I have to say there isnt a difference at all for me between the verizon radio and the new sprint tp radio. initially I reported higher data speeds but the next day I was right back to about the same performance as the other two radios. Also, all things being equal, I would of kept the verizon radio due to better battery performance but that did not occur for me. So I went back to the sprint tp radio for now. I think all of the radios will perform differently depending on many factors.

flindil 11-30-2008 01:30 AM

Hey guys, is there any news on the original telus rom for us to flash back to? I know its probably low priority since there is no benefit to using it. The only reason I want it is for warranty returns.

JBHorner 11-30-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamer007 (Post 549922)
For me, the Sprint radio caused me to either not receive SMS or receive them late. Never got 1 from a friend yesterday, later I got him to send me a SMS to test and received it 20mins after he sent it.

The Verzon radio has worked for me flawlessly.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that it was the Sprint radio. Sprint has had numerous SMS issues the past few days, inclusive of delayed/missing text messages. (On all handsets.)

Joel

fr4nk1yn 11-30-2008 11:45 AM

I was about to agree with that but just as I was typing a delayed voice mail came in.
But I don't see how a radio change could effect the receiving of SMS and my delayed Voice Mail.
My SMS had been acting up a few weeks before the outage. I'll blame Sprint.

GREGHARKINS 11-30-2008 12:00 PM

I have stock alltel phone with 1.03.16f as the radio... i still see fast battery drain.. anyone with something newer?

SmknJoe 12-01-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREGHARKINS (Post 550549)
I have stock alltel phone with 1.03.16f as the radio... i still see fast battery drain.. anyone with something newer?

Try flashing a custom ROM with battery enhancements - You'll see drastic improvements....