PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

oAsIz 11-06-2008 11:23 PM

Re: [UPDATED OCT 31st New Radio] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

So i have been on the phone for over an hour (same person) and have drained my battery about 50% Big things I have noticed... phone is not hot at all. Warm in the back a little...BUT my phone has unfortunately dropped the call 3 times. Dunno if that is my fault or the other end's fault. I might have to take back my comment about the extra bars.. may be my imagination... dunno.

daoom 11-07-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oAsIz (Post 502528)
ok well i thought i read something that said there was no os change.. i guess i figured that applied to themes and programs and the such. no biggie. I needed to upgrade to juicy's 3.0 anyway. so it does look like i gained a bar... sitting at my desk i almost always have 1 bar... 1 bar or none... 10 minutes after the flash i fumble between 1 and 2. the real test for me is the battery drain with my new radio. will post results... lol

There's no OS change but it does a hard reset on your phone.

hippity.hoppity 11-07-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daoom (Post 503077)
There's no OS change but it does a hard reset on your phone.

No it doesn't. Flash from the internal storage so there's no hard reset.

oAsIz 11-07-2008 08:55 AM

12 hrs later... I have seen very little signal change in my house. However comma... i listend to 10 minutes worth of mp3 and made a 5 minute call and ordinarilly after that amount of use I would ask for a battery status and get 94%. After Today I got a 100% status report back after the same usage. I am hopeful that this information is correct, however after that kind of usage and my battery staying at 100% I am skeptical. How can I verify that I am indeed getting the right information? I have read many posts where people are talking about their batter usage like they know exactly what is being used. How do I check this?

mixxy 11-08-2008 11:51 AM

ive got a radio version 1.04.02V on my Bell Diamond

Mr. X 11-08-2008 12:06 PM

wish i could tell u how to dump it but cmonex my self and others are not done out radio project.

ou2mame 11-08-2008 02:44 PM

lol, i want your radio. DUMP IT!!

puff 11-08-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oAsIz (Post 502528)
ok well i thought i read something that said there was no os change.. i guess i figured that applied to themes and programs and the such. no biggie. I needed to upgrade to juicy's 3.0 anyway. so it does look like i gained a bar... sitting at my desk i almost always have 1 bar... 1 bar or none... 10 minutes after the flash i fumble between 1 and 2. the real test for me is the battery drain with my new radio. will post results... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity (Post 503088)
No it doesn't. Flash from the internal storage so there's no hard reset.

just to clarify:

flashing a radio via RUU will hard reset your device, flashing a radio via internal memory (or SD Card) will not.
flashing an OS ROM will hard reset your device no matter how you flash it.

Armani G 11-08-2008 08:17 PM

ok well i have been having some large probs with The Verizon Radio as my phone likes to go black and vib till i reset the phone. in toronto it dosent happen much at all but while i was driving to kingston my phone was going crazy, so i changed the radio to the Sprint touch pro and i am still in kingston and my phone is fine. But before my phone could not be used when it was on the Verizon radio while i am hear in kingston. just thought i would let u all know.

SmknJoe 11-08-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armani G (Post 506455)
ok well i have been having some large probs with The Verizon Radio as my phone likes to go black and vib till i reset the phone. in toronto it dosent happen much at all but while i was driving to kingston my phone was going crazy, so i changed the radio to the Sprint touch pro and i am still in kingston and my phone is fine. But before my phone could not be used when it was on the Verizon radio while i am hear in kingston. just thought i would let u all know.

Moral of the story:

Stay out of Kingston! :silent: