PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

kevank 10-22-2008 04:42 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

I have been on the Verizon radio for about 2 hours and things are good. I reception at my desk and that is unheard of! Battery life is clearly better. I will try to get some metrics together soon.

blazin-asian 10-22-2008 04:55 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

man, anything will probably be better then the current battery life. that is by far my biggest complaint about this phone.

i'll be doing this tonight since Sprint is sending me a replacement anyways because of one of my defective d-pad (right does not work at all)

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 04:59 PM

Ok - So, I'm truely new to all this crap.

Roms, Radios.....ahhh!

I understand how to upgrade ROM and Radios........ i've read this thread and heard a lot of people talking about backing up your MIP?

Juggalo, you said a few things in post 1 about it, but it might as well have been in Chinese....... Any help with making me understand this would be greatly appreciated.

OH - and....will upgrading the Radio to the Verizon one change the ROM too?...or, is does flashing one or the other have nothing to do with eachother?

Thanks!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 469478)
Ok - So, I'm truely new to all this crap.

Roms, Radios.....ahhh!

I understand how to upgrade ROM and Radios........ i've read this thread and heard a lot of people talking about backing up your MIP?

Juggalo, you said a few things in post 1 about it, but it might as well have been in Chinese....... Any help with making me understand this would be greatly appreciated.

OH - and....will upgrading the Radio to the Verizon one change the ROM too?...or, is does flashing one or the other have nothing to do with eachother?

Thanks!

Mip settings can be obtained via epst (##778 ) then choose view then choose menu > MIP Default Profile

write them down just o be safe.

flashing the radio will not affect your rom (flash to another rom) BUT it will do a hard reset so back up your stuff first.

shakuyi 10-22-2008 05:18 PM

omg full bars at my house??????????? u rock juggalo!!!!!! \m/

nitroshot 10-22-2008 05:26 PM

This radio is so much better then sprint's its ridiculous. I mean you don't even have to run benchmarks, you can tell by how less hot it feels after using EVDO for a while. Less heat = less drain and weak/tear on the battery. Finally the battery problem may be fixed for sprint phones.
Thanks for the radio leak!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 05:38 PM

im glad you guys are enjoying this radio as much as i am. it was a god send after making the MISTAKE of flashing sprints radio.

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 469487)
Mip settings can be obtained via epst (##778 ) then choose view then choose menu > MIP Default Profile

write them down just o be safe.

flashing the radio will not affect your rom (flash to another rom) BUT it will do a hard reset so back up your stuff first.

Awesome - thank you.

When I do the ##778# - then VIEW - I get this "Display" page.

The bottom menu says "VIEW INFO, or CANCEL"

View Info options are: DISPLAY, NAM SETTINGS, CDMA SETTINGS, HOME SID/HOME NID, MODEM SETTINGS, PRL, DATA PARAMETERS, PHONE DIRECTORY, NV with NAM01, NAM Settings-NAM01, HSDNID_NAM01..

nothing about MIP Default Profile

](*,)

Mr. X 10-22-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 469639)
Awesome - thank you.

When I do the ##778# - then VIEW - I get this "Display" page.

The bottom menu says "VIEW INFO, or CANCEL"

View Info options are: DISPLAY, NAM SETTINGS, CDMA SETTINGS, HOME SID/HOME NID, MODEM SETTINGS, PRL, DATA PARAMETERS, PHONE DIRECTORY, NV with NAM01, NAM Settings-NAM01, HSDNID_NAM01..

nothing about MIP Default Profile

](*,)

k same proses but choose edit not view. MIP Default Profile will be there then. you will need your SPC to get into the edit menu. i forgot view didn't have the option

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 06:29 PM

Awesome - got it.

how easy is it to imput this data back in if it ends up getting erased? Is it just the same process "##778#, edit, then "edit" each value back into the item listed?

Mr. X 10-22-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 469652)
Awesome - got it.

how easy is it to imput this data back in if it ends up getting erased? Is it just the same process "##778#, edit, then "edit" each value back into the item listed?

yes that's how i do it, if needed. u dont ever have to. its just a precaution incase it messes up ur profile

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 06:32 PM

awesome, thanks man!

you are da man - yes sir.

worked like a charm!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 06:42 PM

No2chem helped out too in getting these roms prepped for flashing via ruu

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 06:49 PM

well then an equal amount of praise and thanks to him too!

:headbang:

SOHKis 10-22-2008 06:58 PM

3 bars here at home, usually have 1-2... 3 on occasion. haven't really had time to report back on battery usage, i'll let you guys know what i find but i'm sure it can't be bad.

chappy 10-22-2008 07:26 PM

Is there any way to flash this radio without doing the RTN? I remember radio ROMs for the mogul not wiping anything.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 07:31 PM

not that i know of maybe some one els knows a work around.

TalliWackr 10-22-2008 07:35 PM

Does this force you onto Verizon's towers by default (Home network) ?

If so.. ouch.. If not.. :-D

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalliWackr (Post 469748)

If im not mistaken, it's not the radio that directs you to the towers, it's the PRL update in your phone.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalliWackr (Post 469748)

no it wont, thats PRL

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 469749)
If im not mistaken, it's not the radio that directs you to the towers, it's the PRL update in your phone.

yep :)

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 469753)
no it wont, thats PRL

yep :)

Quick Jedi Learner I be...

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 07:40 PM

BTW, Juggalo..

I'm getting 259mah on active data connection (while browsing)

good?..bad?.. I'm pretty sure my previous numbers were around 350 or something...

Mr. X 10-22-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmknJoe (Post 469756)
BTW, Juggalo..

I'm getting 259mah on active data connection (while browsing)

good?..bad?.. I'm pretty sure my previous numbers were around 350 or something...

thats good. much better then sprint, and i think it was even better then my telus radio.

nttdemented 10-22-2008 07:53 PM

Oh man... It froze for what seemed like an eternity at the 99% mark. I almost crapped my pants in fear of bricking my phone. Just finished updating gonna benchmark it in my area. Sprint PCS in Puerto Rico. I used to get 2 bars of signal in my room as I am right now and about 550ma load during a call or data download.

Brock1909 10-22-2008 07:59 PM

Works so much better all around Thanks alot!

matthew23 10-22-2008 07:59 PM

update: just completed a 23 minute call and it started to get hot around 15-16 minutes. Not bad considering on the sprint radio it was super hot after 4-5 minutes. I'll take that.

SOHKis 10-22-2008 08:00 PM

would anyone happen to have a link to either HTC's battery tool and/or the network test tool? did a search and didn't seem to come up w/anything

Mr. X 10-22-2008 08:00 PM

thnaks for reporting back.

SmknJoe 10-22-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOHKis (Post 469796)
would anyone happen to have a link to either HTC's battery tool and/or the network test tool? did a search and didn't seem to come up w/anything

if you're using juicys rom, it's in the WINDOWS folder "BATTERY MONITOR"....

go to www.dslreports.com/mspeed to test your connection...

SOHKis 10-22-2008 08:30 PM

sweet, thanks man.

Verizon Results: v1.03.03V
Current draw is between 75-94mAh @ idle...
Current draw is between 332-391mAh during a call...

Current draw is between 314-332mAh during a call on speakerphone...
(screen on obviously)

dropped back to 75 a few seconds after ending the call, and the phone had not warmed up as much as it had been on the previous radio. so far, SOOOO GOOOD!

Armani G 10-22-2008 08:35 PM

Verizon radio much better on the battery!
Speed and Signal for me is the same as the sprint radio witch is good because it is much better than the Telus Radio...

So i am staying with Verizon... thanks Juggalo

ce tiger 10-22-2008 08:38 PM

ok, i really wanna try this out but using the thread to get my SPC didn't work and am nervous to do this without being able to back up my MIP info.:???:

insanecain 10-22-2008 08:43 PM

u can get your spc with cdma workshop.... the getspc method does not work for the sprint diamond

use cdma workshop and do a scan on addresses 018E:0190. Your spc is here.

as far as MIP... it didn't do anything to mine. Of course I am using a custom cricket rom.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanecain (Post 469862)
u can get your spc with cdma workshop.... the getspc method does not work for the sprint diamond

use cdma workshop and do a scan on addresses 018E:0190. Your spc is here.

as far as MIP... it didn't do anything to mine. Of course I am using a custom cricket rom.

u dont need to modify mip its called cover your butt, its a just in case measure. :)

nttdemented 10-22-2008 08:48 PM

I've getting much better results as well!! :D

About 300-360mah draw during a call or download,
1 extra bar of signal at my house for now (haven't tested anywhere else), talked on the phone for a while and it didn't get hot, connecting and ending calls seems to be a little quicker, same with data connection dial-up.

Gonna see how it goes tomorrow when I hammer on my phone all day like I normally do. I usually HAVE to carry my wall charger and keep the charge cable nearby my laptop all day in the office just in case, I normally hit 50% by lunch time.

insanecain 10-22-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 469871)
u dont need to modify mip its called cover your butt, its a just in case measure. :)

ya I got u..... never hurts and doesnt take long anyway.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanecain (Post 469884)
ya I got u..... never hurts and doesnt take long anyway.

no and if u need them u will be happy u got them or u'll be like :violent2:

mshnayde 10-22-2008 10:40 PM

Hey guys,
I just flashed the VZW radio and I am actually getting only 3 bars instead of 4. Haven't moved an inch though. Not a big deal, will have to see on the battery life. I am with Sprint.

ce tiger 10-22-2008 11:20 PM

just flashed no problem. it amazing the knot i get in my stomach waiting for the update to go through. this is my first windows mobile experience and thank god i may not have made it out of college if i was worried about updating my phone everynight. thanks to all the chefs out there and senior users!!!

abovelegit 10-22-2008 11:35 PM

Just flashed any my device only starts to get the slightest bit warm after 15 minutes of slinging media! It was on EVDO with 1-2 bars, and quality wasn't an issue, thanks all who spent the time to get this radio out here!