PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Jan 15th New Sprint Radio V1.11.00F] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40609)

Mr. X 10-21-2008 09:01 PM

Re: Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

may have another rom hehehehehehe

CashMoney18 10-21-2008 09:40 PM

Re: *update soon to come* Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

any info on where ur getting this from? a link of some sort maybe? :)

Mr. X 10-21-2008 09:41 PM

Re: [UPDATED] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

read first post

CashMoney18 10-21-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

But i will keep this radio till telus puts out an update!
Witch i think they are with the HTC Pro that is why it has been put on hold!
the radio u put up is not from telus...

Mr. X 10-21-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468235)

i know this thread is not carrier specific. its radios that will work on the diamond. im testing the one i just posted right now.

foxnews 10-21-2008 10:09 PM

Good jobs guys. Now we can be sure that battery drain is due to Sprint ROm. No wonder we don't hear Telus users complain about battery as much as Sprint users. but with better signal and faster data connection, is it worth it to use Sprint ROM and have this battery issue?

I am new to this WM thing. how often do carriers upgrade their Radio Rom? if carriers do update radio Rom, what is the upgrade process a carrier use to update their Customers phone?

Mr. X 10-21-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468235)

i havnt gotten my hands on a telus pro radio rom yet. until its leaked and surfaces i wont.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxnews (Post 468276)
Good jobs guys. Now we can be sure that battery drain is due to Sprint ROm. No wonder we don't hear Telus users complain about battery as much as Sprint users. but with better signal and faster data connection, is it worth it to use Sprint ROM and have this battery issue?

I am new to this WM thing. how often do carriers upgrade their Radio Rom? if carriers do update radio Rom, what is the upgrade process a carrier use to update their Customers phone?

well im testing the 1.03.03v i just dont have any decent concussions yet, only been a hour or so.

CashMoney18 10-21-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 468291)
i havnt gotten my hands on a telus pro radio rom yet. untill its leaked and surfaces i wont.

no i was just saying that he mentioned telus releasing an update and i just wanted to kno where he got the info from... thats all :)

Mr. X 10-21-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468296)
no i was just saying that he mentioned telus releasing an update and i just wanted to kno where he got the info from... thats all :)

lol i dont know, from what i heard. unbranded ( no label on the box) touch pro's were shipped to canada recently.

puff 10-21-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 460981)
This thread is to collaborate the radio roms we may have available to us now and in the future.

Current Available Radio Roms:

HTC Diamond Radio Rom v1.00.00F (Sprint Shipped)

HTC TouchPro Radio Rom v1.03.03v (Verizon Shipped rom for the Touch Pro)
<----- now i know your going to ask "can we use this? this is for the toch pro Juggs" the answer is YES Im Currently On this rom.

Remember: I am not responsible for bricked devices. Your phone, your risk, your problem if something goes wrong.

Thanks to No2Chem for lending me a hand.

ok, there's just one thing... you keep callin it a ROM... it's just a Radio !!! Not a ROM :D
unno y it erks me man, so dont sweat it... just bet it confuzles them noobz though...

oh yeah one more question, can i use this on my mogul :evil4:

Mr. X 10-21-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 468332)
ok, there's just one thing... you keep callin it a ROM... it's just a Radio !!! Not a ROM :D
unno y it erks me man, so dont sweat it... just bet it confuzles them noobz though...

oh yeah one more question, can i use this on my mogul :evil4:

it is a rom. lol it was taken from a shipped rom, and is a part of a rom. that about roms it up LOL

some refer to it as radio, some refer to it as radio rom, choose your weapon lol

puff 10-21-2008 11:03 PM

Radio !!! :D

CashMoney18 10-21-2008 11:06 PM

i dont mean to hijack this thread buh u informed me to try and flash via rtask to fix my diamond brick... do u believe it would fix it and if it would how would i go about flashing 1 of these radios via rtask?

Could you PM me a general how to?

SprintTouch08 10-21-2008 11:08 PM

"tomaYto" "tomaHto" either way, question is how does it work and how is it on battery drain vs the telus (good) and sprint (worse) and things like reception and data speeds you said sprint version was better on.

hopefully its somewhere in between the two, the battery drain and heat sucks, id take slower data speeds or a little less "bars" over killing the battery faster.

Mr. X 10-21-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468344)
i dont mean to hijack this thread buh u informed me to try and flash via rtask to fix my diamond brick... do u believe it would fix it and if it would how would i go about flashing 1 of these radios via rtask?

Could you PM me a general how to?

i can see if i can dig up some info on the proses. its an advanced proses with a bunch of steps. not for the faint of heart.

i dont think it will take since you say your radio is corrupt. but you can try either of the posted radios in this thread flash them and see if it boots. or even try the full sprint shipped rom.

CashMoney18 10-21-2008 11:26 PM

well im not sure if my radio is corrupt or not... because i flashed all these radios normally via RUU and my device still does not boot into OS... i was just wondering if via rtask would make any diffrence...

Mr. X 10-22-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468373)
well im not sure if my radio is corrupt or not... because i flashed all these radios normally via RUU and my device still does not boot into OS... i was just wondering if via rtask would make any diffrence...

curious does the radio version change when u flash any of the radios?

also have you tried to hard reset the device?

Armani G 10-22-2008 12:27 AM

Juggalo is the new radio rom lol working better?

Data Speed Faster?
Signal Better??

Ahhh more temptations! but wait if I don't like this radio I can flash back to the Sprint one no prob right?

lol I'll give it a try haha!

Mr. X 10-22-2008 12:37 AM

yah u can flash back,

and i cant really give a solid opinion on it yet as i have been preoccupied with the Juicy 2.6 rom :)

vinscuzzy 10-22-2008 01:52 AM

Can we try out the verizon rapheal rom on our diamond? Not the radio, but the actual rom. If its intended to be for a rapheal/touch pro, maybe flip to landscape will be better atleast with manilla or other apps? Just curious, would I be able to flash back to a sprint rom if it didnt work? Not trying to hijack this thread, it just doesnt seem like to many people would answer from the verizon test rom thread.....

dutchman71 10-22-2008 09:26 AM

If I flash the radio, do I have to setup the whole device again or does it only change the radio? I assume the device needs to be unlocked?

Mr. X 10-22-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman71 (Post 468731)
If I flash the radio, do I have to setup the whole device again or does it only change the radio? I assume the device needs to be unlocked?

YES! also be sure to back up your MIP settings such as aaa/an auth key and such.

their is a possibility that you may have to set up data again.

Lucky its recoverable if data stops working. BUT its a pain in the arse. so. ALWAYS, flahs at your own risk. and back up your MIP Profile data

dutchman71 10-22-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 468761)
YES! also be sure to back up your MIP settings such as aaa/an auth key and such.

Since I have no idea what that is supposed to mean I'll hold off until some smarter people than me make this idiot proof...

Thanks.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchman71 (Post 468770)
Since I have no idea what that is supposed to mean I'll hold off until some smarter people than me make this idiot proof...

Thanks.

there is no way to make this idiot proof, ive made it as idiot proof as possible. i gave you a flasher.

MIP settings are your data settings. you can back them up via writing them down.

they can be viewed bu dialing ##778 > input your SPC > then choose Menu > MIP Default Profile

write all those settings down as you will need them incase you lose your data connection.

CashMoney18 10-22-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 468427)
curious does the radio version change when u flash any of the radios?

also have you tried to hard reset the device?

Yes... the radio version changes... but it does diffrent things with diffrent radios... with the sprint shipped rom it keeps resetting, and with the new Verizon rom it keeps vibrating after the red txt info version screen (where it says touch diamond)

aceracer24 10-22-2008 11:45 AM

Have you been able to tell yet if the new radio rom is working better? I know you have not had that rom on much but was hoping you might have some indication. You said putting the first Sprint rom on made a difference very quickly.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashMoney18 (Post 468922)
Yes... the radio version changes... but it does diffrent things with diffrent radios... with the sprint shipped rom it keeps resetting, and with the new Verizon rom it keeps vibrating after the red txt info version screen (where it says touch diamond)

sounds like your NV is corrupted :( that's a b*tch to fix. one thing you can try is a hard reset after flashing the vzw radio.

otherwise your going to have to Rtask to get the radio back. the bad thing is. if your dont have the MFG boot loader on the device i dont think you can flash the SPL from boot loader. SSPL must be loaded first

Mr. X 10-22-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 468923)
Have you been able to tell yet if the new radio rom is working better? I know you have not had that rom on much but was hoping you might have some indication. You said putting the first Sprint rom on made a difference very quickly.

i havnt used my device that much.... i got dumped on at work today. BUT it dont get as hot in data thats what i noticed right away. ill let you know how calls go and batter life as i get more time to punish it :)

aceracer24 10-22-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 468929)
i havnt used my device that much.... i got dumped on at work today. BUT it dont get as hot in data thats what i noticed right away. ill let you know how calls go and batter life as i get more time to punish it :)

Sweet, thanks. With Juicy 2.6 releasing soon, I was hoping to have a good radio rom to go with it.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 468934)
Sweet, thanks. With Juicy 2.6 releasing soon, I was hoping to have a good radio rom to go with it.

well i cant say 100% but i have a feeling of confedence this VZW radio is *** loads better then sprints.

sprint has a rated talk tome of 252 min, telus 270, alltel 310 (i want there damn radio!!) and vzw Touch Pro is still unknown as specs haven't been released. BUT the vzw radio appears to be a newer version of the telus 99.90V radio. (FCC specs for VZW touch pro appear to be crippled... at least that's what was submitted and pa ssed by the FCC)

again... this is speculation i have no proof its a newer radio built on the telus radio.. besides the fact that it shares the V part in the rom version. as does telus.

sprint and alltell share the F part in the radio version. so im guessing the alltel v1.03.13F is a newer version built upon sprints rom... so this is interesting... could it have great coverage and evdo with less heat and battery drain. i hope. and i hope i get a copy of it some where, some how.

badboy8813 10-22-2008 12:00 PM

yeah definitely let us know about that new radio you got jugg

Mr. X 10-22-2008 12:10 PM

i want the alltel one some one figure out how to dump that bastard

CashMoney18 10-22-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 468928)
sounds like your NV is corrupted :( that's a b*tch to fix. one thing you can try is a hard reset after flashing the vzw radio.

otherwise your going to have to Rtask to get the radio back. the bad thing is. if your dont have the MFG boot loader on the device i dont think you can flash the SPL from boot loader. SSPL must be loaded first

i did try and hard reset but it didnt work :(

That sounds about right as that was what i was playing with b4 the brick... so it is fixable? :D

The bootloader i have on it right now is the 0.43.CMONEX 1... which im guessing is good as i can get into rtask and it does say MFG at the top?

Could you give me a general how to... i can figure things out on my own i just need to b pointed in the right direction

Mr. X 10-22-2008 12:34 PM

so far im running the exact same test i did on the sprint rom. the device hasn't raised a degree and the draw on data is SO MUCH LOWER it goes between 287-499 mAh but usualt around 290-350ish

EDIT: just had it go as low as 107 mAh draw on data.

im doing a 30 min test. starting at 100% battery.

CONSTANT data xfer (set up constant ping to open dns)

Mr. X 10-22-2008 01:06 PM

OK GUYS TEST RESULTS ARE IN!

Sprint and Verizon radio tested as follows.

HTC Network Test Tool set up to ping open dns servers constantly for 30 min. with out allowing the device to sleep. HTC Battery tool to monitor current draw and batter %

Sprint results: v1.00.00F
Drain 50% in 30 min <--- horrible!
Heat is outrageous!
Current draw is between 550-650. usually 600mAh NEVER see it drop below 550mAh

Verizon Results: v1.03.03V
Drain 10% in 30 min! <--- Thats crazy good!
Heat is substantially less then the sprint rom. it did get warm but not hot at all!
Current draw is between 290-499mAh I saw it drop as low as 107mAh a large # of times and never saw it go over 499mAh max and usually was between 290-350mAh

Im sticking with the Verizon v1.03.03 radio for now :D

yangers 10-22-2008 01:26 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

Ok so, anyone from Sprint has already installs this radio or no?, In that case was any problems with the MIP Profile settings? or everything run smoothly right after....please some feedback could help the newbies.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 01:28 PM

Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangers (Post 469091)
Ok so, anyone from Sprint has already installs this radio or no?, In that case was any problems with the MIP Profile settings? or everything run smoothly right after....please some feedback could help the newbies.

im on telus then to sprint and then to Verizon radio... never had an issue with my MIP settings but its smart to back them up.

Mr. X 10-22-2008 01:30 PM

PS i welcome other users to post results please!

SOHKis 10-22-2008 01:36 PM

hmmm.... that verizon radio sounds promising! is it available for others to test...?

Mr. X 10-22-2008 01:37 PM

its in the first post dude :)

its arse loads better then sprint battery wise with evdo