PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

havent tried and i dont think i want to bc ive already been having enough problems with things that im just gonna leave the set up i have on it and see if i have any issues. but to close out tonight i am back to issue free but we shall see if that last. it usually lasts for like a day or 2. but i really hope this sticks and i dont have to flash a new rom bc i enjoy mighty rom alot. ps release 4.9 i wanna see if there will be any new features to play with.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: iusacell

xeagle24 is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

hello e.o. i dont know if this issues just happend to my pda, but here they are, the first time that i flashed my pda i thought.. " its faster than usually" everithing wa great, but then, in the task bar apears a squares in blank, i said... im gonna re-fla****, and then everithing were ok, but ive got an sms and the square apears again, i respond the sms and the square was gone.. i gues it the numbers of sms that u have unread, or e-mailĀ“s unread, then the pda got restarted like twice since ive installed the rom, i gues the mos stable rom its the 3.7, but it dont have gadgets or updates like 4 series...
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if we think the htcvolumecontrol.dll is the issue i found a cab to take it out.

anyone willing to test to see if it works?
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove-Htcvolume-by-HallengreeN.cab (3.0 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
Last night I tried 4.8 after using 4.1 for a while and... I'll just make a list of the odd things that happened today (note-I did a manual hard reset after flashing):
-First thing in the morning, background4all was gone, phone was frozen
-After pulling the battery and restarting, it srarted as if hard reset, and froze during setup
-Manually hard reset again to give 4.8 another shot
-After that, TF3D music player would just fly through the album pictures without playing a song and some random ringers were missing - that was too much already, I didn't find out how else it was screwed up.

So, unless 4.8 has an issue with background4all or NoTopCurtain, I'm lost to why this ROM is the "one to rule them all"

Does ne1 know how I can download 4.5 or 4.6? I tried http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/ROMs/MightyROM4.6.rar
and it doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliant13 View Post
same exact thing happened to me i flashed from 4.0 to 4.8 and that occured
Both of you need to flash to OEM/shipped ROM and then do a hard reset using Clear Storage after you flash back to 4.x- Not the manual one where you use the stylus and multiple buttons.

Last edited by Trident; 04-03-2009 at 09:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

eglynum is just getting started

Thanks, Trident. I've seen that suggested here before - I totally forgot. But since I've just spent an hour getting 4.1 up and running, I'll have to do it afterwork and after I've played "too much" Halo3 this weekend (if there is such a thing).
Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Can you guys please confirm for the users who are having the issue.

Have you flashed back to stock rom then back to MightyROM?

Please report
1. Flashed back to shipped Sprint rom (in my case v1.0) from Mighty 4.7
2. Flashed Mighty 4.8
3. Cleared storage

I have not had any ringer issues.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

well that cab worked but i will post results when found
Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

thevaliant13 is a n00b

i'm having trouble finding the telus stock rom, could someone help me out ? and what do you mean by clear storage? would that also delete my PIM backup file with all my information?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:31 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I flashed straight to 4.8 and didn't do a single hard reset. everything runs flawless. guess some are just luckier than others.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliant13 View Post
i'm having trouble finding the telus stock rom, could someone help me out ? and what do you mean by clear storage? would that also delete my PIM backup file with all my information?
clear storage is found under settings/system/clear storage.
yes it will delete everything on your phone that is not backed up to either your internal storage, or your comp.
The reason to clear storage is so that the new rom has free reign with no interference from left over tidbits that may have been left behind by your previous rom.
It is mostly just a precautionary measure, but one that is highly recommended!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development