PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by denttarek View Post
about the voice command make sure it is enabled under start/settings/personal/voice command but you have to soft reset afterwords for it to work

bluetooth issue"turns off" been there in many different roms as well with no successful fix although i am experiencing it less frequently with this ROM
thanks Denttarek, my voice command has always been enabled but I still get the error message listed above. i know what you mean on the bluetooth thing. thanks.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks Denttarek, my voice command has always been enabled but I still get the error message listed above. i know what you mean on the bluetooth thing. thanks.
sorry i wasn't clear,disable it soft reset and then enable it and soft reset,let me know if it works for you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond
Carrier: sprint

bender29 is a n00b

Can someone point me to a cab file for the old PIE?

I like this 4.2 rom but PIE 6 is horrible for how I browse. I would really like to put the original PIE back on my phone.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
Can someone point me to a cab file for the old PIE?

I like this 4.2 rom but PIE 6 is horrible for how I browse. I would really like to put the original PIE back on my phone.
I dont think it is possible to install it in a cab form. just a suggestion,3.9 would be the best bet if you want the old pie. I like it too solely for the fact that the fonts are bigger, but PIE 6 is better at rendering pages, but opera kind of trumps them all in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mprimeau is a n00b

Mike, the only thing i'm seeing is the text message problem...when messaging hasn't been opened and you begin a message, it deletes the first letter after you begin typing. I could've sworn I saw someone else that said they noticed this...
other than thank Mike you do awesome work and I will keep you ROMs on my Diamond because they are the easiest to use, fastest, and work great!!!
thanks for all you do.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

gmail issue. wont recieve any emails at all. evn with more than 5 recreations

Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey Mike,

I have noticed in the threads the following:

1. ringer is not working for some. reports have been either shortly after flashing or after 24 hrs. some have hard reset and it worked for a while then stopped.
2. active sync not synching push email "as items arrive" after disconnecting from the pc. requires either comm manager reboot of Microsoft Direct Push or soft reset.
3. reports of voicecommand not working. I get an error as well "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename"
4. Bluetooth turning off for some.
5. stevedog asked "What regedit must I make to have the screen shut off once a call connects? I appreciate your help. Thanks"
6. new sprint tv not showing up in programs even after install, very strange. need to install old tv, then new sprint tv over top and it works but usually takes several attempts. been getting errors as well. I know Sprint tv, feel free to smack me!!
7. pixelpop and siptang mentioned "Diamond losing all sound output after disconnecting from a bluetooth connection. It happened to me a couple of times, but haven't seen anyone mention a fix."
8. Trident asked about this "Is there a way to change it so that Opera is the default browser when I tap on a link in an email or something?" right now it is defaulted to IE
----
edit
sorry missed a couple. here are the others.

9. mprimeau mention this bug "Mike, the only thing i'm seeing is the text message problem...when messaging hasn't been opened and you begin a message, it deletes the first letter after you begin typing. I could've sworn I saw someone else that said they noticed this"
10. Mixxy mentioned the gmail issue. "wont recieve any emails at all. even with more than 5 recreations"

that's what I have for you. some are not experiencing some of these while others most of them. Thanks man for your work.
edit modified list with 2 more.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started

I have had the bluetooth issue on and off and it seemed to be related to the S2U2 power save mode. I turned power save mode off I don't seem to be having an issue with bluetooth turning off anymore.

I have had no.3 as well but only when activating voice command from the long send key press not from my bluetooth headset. I reassigned the key (in Settings > Buttons) and it started working properly.

Last edited by daoom; 01-21-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro2
Carrier: sprint

Lukemp3 is just getting started

outgoing emails are not working
Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 AM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Other things not working for me on 4.2 were when I plugged in my USB Cable to PC, the connection manager screen (the one with Active Sync, Internet Sharing, and Disk Drive options) did not Initialize or pop up.

Internal storage was showing us as InternalStorage2 as well, so lots of problems with the camera tying to save to the default Internal Storage..

I flashed back to Mighty 4.1 and everything again works Flawlessly! In my tests, 4.1 is picture perfect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development