PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Don't wanna get off topic for this thread but that one is closed...

I'm kinda new to this forum, but know from every other experience I have had with forum communities, that if a newb gets mad because they can't get help or a question answered and posts that they are mad, they will get flamed for the next 2 pages. It doesn't make sense that a mod can do the same thing and it be ok.

Anyway, looking forward to the Sprint 2.2 rom, Juicy. Thanks for helping us Sprint guys out even though you have a different carrier. We appreciate it.

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 09-27-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dpiantino is a n00b

The screen rotation is excellent, and I think it is a must have. My issue is that I don't really have a need for a headset, but when I'm driving I would like to call somebody without taking my eyes off the rd. Having a BT headset just for the car is a bit much for me. Can we attach the function to a different button?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post
The screen rotation is excellent, and I think it is a must have. My issue is that I don't really have a need for a headset, but when I'm driving I would like to call somebody without taking my eyes off the rd. Having a BT headset just for the car is a bit much for me. Can we attach the function to a different button?
v 2.2 Voice command works by pressing the send key on the headset

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-27-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch vogue
Carrier: Bell

Balkar is becoming a great contributor
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
New Updates in v1.5 include Audio Manager Music Tab fix and Removing the Volume Control, but leaving the Diamond Sound Icons
What do you mean by audio manager tab fix? i dont have any errors with it...

Alex

Old 09-27-2008, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkar View Post
What do you mean by audio manager tab fix? i dont have any errors with it...

Alex
neither did I....
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch vogue
Carrier: Bell

Balkar is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
neither did I....
Then what are you fixing in 1.5 lol? If you dont mind me asking because i dont want to customize this rom to recustomize it when 1.5 comes out....

O and btw 1.4 = top notch!(French expression for top of the line)

Alex
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work

Well I'm not quite sure what Juicy feels is missing in v2.2 but in my mind this ROM in nearly perfect. My battery life on this version has been great, and much more responsive than V2.1. The new Opera version is taking a bit of time to get used to since it doesn't render a full page as well as it used to do, as it now makes the text a little bit bigger compared with the graphics (I'm assuming they did this so you can try to read without having to zoom) and I used to like the old zoom feature as well with the 'scroll wheel', but time will tell if the trade off to moving the selection point is worth it. Although I'd much have preferred if Opera used our 'scroll wheel' to scroll the page instead. At least it is faster to load now. I sure hope dropping the page file to less than 16MB won't cause too big of a performance hit.

Keep up the good work Juicy, and you too Juggalo X. If Telus has any common sense they should hire both of you to 'fix' their 'official' ROM as well. It's doubtful that they have spent the same amount of time making sure they have the best ROM to begin with even though their resources I'd assume are much more vast than your own.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkar View Post
Then what are you fixing in 1.5 lol? If you dont mind me asking because i dont want to customize this rom to recustomize it when 1.5 comes out....

O and btw 1.4 = top notch!(French expression for top of the line)

Alex
I made a reg edit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saflang View Post
Well I'm not quite sure what Juicy feels is missing in v2.2 but in my mind this ROM in nearly perfect. My battery life on this version has been great, and much more responsive than V2.1. The new Opera version is taking a bit of time to get used to since it doesn't render a full page as well as it used to do, as it now makes the text a little bit bigger compared with the graphics (I'm assuming they did this so you can try to read without having to zoom) and I used to like the old zoom feature as well with the 'scroll wheel', but time will tell if the trade off to moving the selection point is worth it. Although I'd much have preferred if Opera used our 'scroll wheel' to scroll the page instead. At least it is faster to load now. I sure hope dropping the page file to less than 16MB won't cause too big of a performance hit.

Keep up the good work Juicy, and you too Juggalo X. If Telus has any common sense they should hire both of you to 'fix' their 'official' ROM as well. It's doubtful that they have spent the same amount of time making sure they have the best ROM to begin with even though their resources I'd assume are much more vast than your own.
i talked to my telus insider, the HTC rep told her straight up it was full of bugs they know but they had to make the release date :P lol
Old 09-27-2008, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nub4life is a n00b

Sorry, I'm a complete nub (thus my name), but what's the difference now that Windows CE is on the ROM?

Edit: whoops, I guess CE was always used? Maybe I got that mixed up with Windows Mobile.

Last edited by nub4life; 09-27-2008 at 06:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development