View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
saflang
PPCGeeks Regular

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Well I'm not quite sure what Juicy feels is missing in v2.2 but in my mind this ROM in nearly perfect. My battery life on this version has been great, and much more responsive than V2.1. The new Opera version is taking a bit of time to get used to since it doesn't render a full page as well as it used to do, as it now makes the text a little bit bigger compared with the graphics (I'm assuming they did this so you can try to read without having to zoom) and I used to like the old zoom feature as well with the 'scroll wheel', but time will tell if the trade off to moving the selection point is worth it. Although I'd much have preferred if Opera used our 'scroll wheel' to scroll the page instead. At least it is faster to load now. I sure hope dropping the page file to less than 16MB won't cause too big of a performance hit.

Keep up the good work Juicy, and you too Juggalo X. If Telus has any common sense they should hire both of you to 'fix' their 'official' ROM as well. It's doubtful that they have spent the same amount of time making sure they have the best ROM to begin with even though their resources I'd assume are much more vast than your own.