PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Are you guys referring to the light sensor for the auto dimming of the backlight?
yes...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyric78 View Post
Is there any advantage to running Diamond Tweak or one of the other tweaking programs, even with the Juicy rom?

Would the battery tweaks and such be redundant?
I used advance config after flashing to change a couple cache settings. Doesn't hurt to browse thru and see if you want to change any.

The battery tweaks seem to have already been covered in the rom though.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:09 AM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
yes...
OK I will shut mine down and report back.

The infrared beam off did seem to make some minimal difference for me.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

gamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Did you test in IE? Here are my results below:
That was from using Opera, when using IE, I get:
621kbit/sec
0.231s latency
13.414s d/l time

I'm wondering whether it's because I'm in my house. My diamond seems to always get no bars for reception and maybe that could affect it. As soon as I step outside, it just goes right up. My old Motorola V710 almost always got full bars for reception.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Is there a way to get the calendar button on the home screen to point to a third party calendar like AgendaOne?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Is there a way to get the calendar button on the home screen to point to a third party calendar like AgendaOne?
This is a Manila question, let's try and keep on topic.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheAccuser is just getting started

Okay, I'm going to bring up the Youtube issue in here, even though I think we've determined that it's not Juicy ROM related. I don't want to jack the thread, but since we're all in here I figured what I found might prove helpfull to Juicy and team for future ROM updates.

I enabled the throughput of video downloads in Youtube by change the following registry key:

\HKLM\Software\HTC\YouTube\DisplayThroughput (Default = 0, Show KB/sec = 1)

Now, as my test videos, I have two seperate videos that will always produce the same results for me. One video plays flawlessly and the other is always choppy.

The video that plays flawlessly shows throughput numbers around 100K/sec, which is more than fast enough to download the video faster than what is playing as obviously displayed by the download meter that is creeping past the current play position.

Now, onto the video that always stutters for me. This video shows throughput numbers around 150K/sec. Now, if I pause the video and let the whole video download (number stays pretty solid for me at around 150K/sec...which is pretty much capping out the EVDO connection @ 1.5 Mbit/sec), the video plays perfectly as long as the video is 100% downloaded.

Is that extra 50K/sec on that video causing enough extra stress on the device to make the video stutter? And even though it's only 50K/sec, capping out the throughput on the device could potentially cause an issue in any application.

So, to test this further, I modified the following registry key:

HKLM\Software\HTC\YouTube\MaxBandWidth (Default = 0 (which is unlimited).

I set it to 100 which successfully kept my throughput below 100KB/sec.

This DID NOT allow the video to playback smoothly until it was fully downloaded, so that throws out that theory.

Hopefully some of my findings will spark some other ideas...there are definately more videos playback like crap (until they are fully cached) than ones that playback well.

Maybe it has something to do with the quality of the video?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
This is a Manila question, let's try and keep on topic.
Sorry... I'll see what I can dig up.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 AM
N00b

robertzas is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
Okay, I'm going to bring up the Youtube issue in here, even though I think we've determined that it's not Juicy ROM.......

try bumping up to 24 or 32 mb pagepool, im on 32 and i watch youtube conctently without any choppy issues om 32 mb on sprint juicy 2.1
Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheAccuser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzas View Post
try bumping up to 24 or 32 mb pagepool, im on 32 and i watch youtube conctently without any choppy issues om 32 mb on sprint juicy 2.1
I am running @ 24 MB already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development