PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10/02/08] Juicy ROM 2.3 [CE OS 5.2.20755]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
If I may make a suggestion... In order to supplement losing the today screen task manager (which I've always despised on other devices due to memory hogging/leaks), maybe you could implement the old task manager that was used on the older generation ppcs (mogul, touch). The task manager is now in settings instead of programs, which make it unable to add to the start menu. I would always disable the today task manager and access the stock one through my start menu.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!
I've tested and the HTC task mgr manages memory better than stock and is good at hiding 'privileged' processes/apps

with the change in setting ive done its just less intrusive, and keeps more RAM available

cheers,
juicy
Old 10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

coolguy is a n00b
Re: [10/05/08] Juicy ROM 2.4 [Full CE OS 5.2.20755][TELUS][Sprint]

Yay... waiting for Sprint 2.4.. keep on refreshing the page
Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

V_2_4:

TELUS
Sprint

[+] Full CE OS 20755 *Thanks Ghetto*
[+] HTC Manila (1.1.34821.0.1630.38) *ported from US GSM Diamond*
[+] HTC QuickGPS (1.00.18171729.0)
[#] Enhanced Battery Life
[#] Removed legacy issues with old battery.dll
[#] MS "Orb" in start bar *replaces flag image*
[#] Press "X" to close is default in TaskManager
[#] TaskManager invisible on Today Screen by default
[#] ActiveSync added to Exclusive Programs list in TaskManager
[#] Fixed Buffering in YouTube App
[#] Added MS Live, and GMaps in AppLauncher (Manila)
[#] Back to 6mb PP (default) *PP Changer App included*
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Damnit! I wanted to have you check something before you did 2.4. Maybe someone else can confirm, or maybe it's just me.

When I open an email (Outlook Email), the default option on the left side is REPLY ALL. So when I reply to emails, I have to choose MENU, REPLY-> REPLY. Which to me seems silly.

Is this a TouchFlo thing or a 2.2 Juicy thing? Can I change this behavior?

Anyway, that is one of the more annoying features I've run across using my Diamond this week (aside from the battery issue).
Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Damnit! I wanted to have you check something before you did 2.4. Maybe someone else can confirm, or maybe it's just me.

When I open an email (Outlook Email), the default option on the left side is REPLY ALL. So when I reply to emails, I have to choose MENU, REPLY-> REPLY. Which to me seems silly.

Is this a TouchFlo thing or a 2.2 Juicy thing? Can I change this behavior?

Anyway, that is one of the more annoying features I've run across using my Diamond this week (aside from the battery issue).

Battery issues should be fixed in 2.3+

"Reply All" has been discussed several times. It is not a bug, it is part of the "Outlook Enhancements" packaged into the HTC Roms. If you remove it, you remove multi-select features and some other neat things.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

so, sprint 2.4 has the carrier cab built in or do we have to install? or do you want me to test it as soon as you release it?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Battery issues should be fixed in 2.3+

"Reply All" has been discussed several times. It is not a bug, it is part of the "Outlook Enhancements" packaged into the HTC Roms. If you remove it, you remove multi-select features and some other neat things.
Ugh. What kind of default option is Reply All? No way to edit any of those options through reg hacking?

Thanks for the info.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
so, sprint 2.4 has the carrier cab built in or do we have to install? or do you want me to test it as soon as you release it?
no carrier changes since 2.2

you should be ok without the cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

The Juicy Machine keeps on turning, I just put J2.3 on two day ago. I guess its time for J2.4
Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
no carrier changes since 2.2

you should be ok without the cab
well 2.2 had an issue with running sprint tv and such... after install of carrier cab, sprint tv worked... I'm assuming i'll have to install the carrier cab again... no big deal at all tho... just wanted to know

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development