PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Links are up....have fun, remember I am accepting Mirrors
Old 09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

jblade is a n00b

Whosdaman, have you figured out any way to make a working AudioPara for these roms?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblade View Post
Whosdaman, have you figured out any way to make a working AudioPara for these roms?
Why? AudioPara doesn't work on Vogue, thats why it's left out most of the time and why Sprint doesn't run the cab in it's Customs
Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thermodynamic is just getting started
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
Actually, correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that by having MORE RAM, you actually want LESS pagepool....

There are even cooks using 0 PP's for the diamond already. My current cooked ROM is running a PP of 4MB, and its noticebly faster to me than a 16 or 32 mb PP.
Now correct me if I am wrong, but with my limited understanding of RAM, ROM, Page Pools, and Virtual Memory, having more RAM doesn't necessarily indicate you should have less page pool/virtual memory.

This is how I see it:

ROM is where the OS and programs are stored. It doesn't use up power, but is very slow. That's why if you restart your device, everything in your ROM is still there, all your data/programs/OS. The 4GB within the Diamond is also ROM.

RAM is where the OS and programs and data are written into before that are run. RAM is very fast but uses up a lot of power. It needs to be constantly powered to continue containing the information stored there.

So the way things work is that the Windows Mobile OS and programs and data are written from the ROM into the RAM and then run, BUT they have to be decompressed first before being loaded into the RAM.

With a page pool (which is made of ROM), frequently used programs can be decompressed and saved into ROM and then run directly from there, saving RAM and the time needed to decompress the code (only code is saved into the page pool).

Thus a larger page pool has the dual advantage of making programs run faster AND freeing up RAM (which is still used up by programs no matter how big your page pool is since the page pool only stores code). The main disadvantage to having a large page pool is having less ROM to work with (less space to save programs and data).

I hope this helps, and I'll be the first to admit that I may be completely wrong. I have limited actual knowledge and experience with such memory architecture specifics, and what I do know has been gleaned from different MSDN topics, with the rest (hopefully) logically constructed in my head.

Edit: I've done some further reading/thinking and the page pool may actually be contained in the RAM, not ROM. Again I'm not certain on this, maybe someone can clarify. If this is the case, then you don't save RAM, but it still allows programs to load up faster. Hopefully someone can clarify to see if having a larger page pool decreases RAM or ROM.

Here's where I gathered most of my information from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915332.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...19/453784.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915364.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_memory

http://www.etenblog.com/2008/01/14/c...age-pool-size/

Last edited by thermodynamic; 09-27-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Page pool may actually be in RAM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: bell

story is a n00b

Downloading now.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

djk1 is just getting started

Whoasdaman, what does a full version have that the clean version does not?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

even with my 4 gigs of ram on my laptop, if i delete the Paging file, it suffers a performance hit Paging Pool is useful.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

jblade is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Why? AudioPara doesn't work on Vogue, thats why it's left out most of the time and why Sprint doesn't run the cab in it's Customs
there is a version that worked in the past for the roms I was using? It without a doubt increased call volume and speakerphone volume.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,

manofhonor24 is a n00b

Good Job, that answers my previous question. I see the links. How long before the Full version is released?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

apollooff320 is a n00b
Re: [UPDATED 9/26/08] v1.3 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
You can turn the volume down in them....it's just in-call.....wow lol people are really lost in this issue there's some that want it higher when it's the highest and then there's people who think it's broken all around when it's not
that is not true at all. You can not turn down the volume when I have it on speaker. Now if your talking about playing games when you say "in them" not all games have volume controls. The opal control is just broken period.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development