PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Juicy ROM v1.03 (GPS BREAKTHROUGH)

ok sorry to post such a noobish question, but i need to know because once your rom is done uploading, i am going to flash my device.

if i personally don't like the rom, and i hard reset my phone (vol down, dpad, bla bla bla)

will that restore the original telus rom?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
ok sorry to post such a noobish question, but i need to know because once your rom is done uploading, i am going to flash my device.

if i personally don't like the rom, and i hard reset my phone (vol down, dpad, bla bla bla)

will that restore the original telus rom?
I'm pretty sure that a Hard Reset will only take you back to a clean version of the same ROM. You'd have to find an original ROM and flash back to that.

Clint
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

that's right, you would have to re-flash the stock rom to get it back to the Telus stock one.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
[-] Enterprise

what exactly is enterprise? is that for me connecting to my work email?
Oops. You may be right, it looks like I removed PPTP/VPN options.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

ok and just to clarify... the telus_stock.rar file in the forums is the COMPLETE stock rom? no errors or anything that someone has found? i dont wanna flash back and be like

lol... sorry im just being paranoid, i've never done a flash before! lol i know the just of it, but i don't know what happens to the previous roms and such
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Mael-X is just getting started

Hey Juicy,

Big thanks for all your efforts!
Quick question, In V103 you remove SQM and Enterprise. What exactly are they?
Gonna unlock & flash soon and not sure whether to go with 02 or wait for 03.
Any word on a kitchen? Noticed one on an ftp site... }; )

Last edited by Mael-X; 09-03-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Oops. You may be right, it looks like I removed PPTP/VPN options.
uh oh... that's no good for me
Old 09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
ok and just to clarify... the telus_stock.rar file in the forums is the COMPLETE stock rom? no errors or anything that someone has found? i dont wanna flash back and be like

lol... sorry im just being paranoid, i've never done a flash before! lol i know the just of it, but i don't know what happens to the previous roms and such
You should be ok with the archived ROM.... and don't worry my ROMs are not a far stretch from the telus one. I'm striving to keep it as stock as possible while removing bloatware, and adding USEFUL enhancements/tools/tweaks

I am rebuilding, and reuploading AGAIN. I don't want to cripple those with Enterpise E-Mail accounts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael-X View Post
Hey Juicy,

Big thanks for all your efforts!
Quick question, In V103 you remove SQM and Enterprise. What exactly are they?
Gonna unlock & flash soon and not sure whether to go with 02 or wait for 03.
Any word on a kitchen? Noticed one on the ftp site... }; )
I've had some problems with V103, but I believe they are all ironed out now. The ROM will be up within the next 30mins. I'm just waiting on MegaUpload.

I suggest you wait.

GhettoFreerydr/TobeyChris have built the Kitchen. The three of us stay in close contact and use some of the same tools/base.

I will stick to ROMs exculsively, but feel free to make a request on what you would like to see added/changed.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Retired Staff

awesome thanks for making that change!!!!

i will wait for the upload to complete!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development