PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [09/08/08] JUICY ROM v1.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Good I was going to say the same, but didn't want to bait an answer.

Let me be clear here... this is not an Opera issue, Telus may be blocking the feature elsewhere in the ROM.
I can also verify this, on the stock rom and any other rom i cannot download jack all.

i tried downloading some apps. says the cab finished in light speed but there is nothing there.
it should have taken at least a min to download

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Good I was going to say the same, but didn't want to bait an answer.

Let me be clear here... this is not an Opera issue, Telus may be blocking the feature elsewhere in the ROM.

Opera on Telus ROM works. I downloaded pocket putty fine (re flashed the rom just now). Opera on v1.06 Juicy does not download or open a file at all. Try to download or open pocket putty version 0.1 (zip file) from here:
http://www.pocketputty.net/download.html

It's the 3rd link from the bottom. It will work with Opera on Telus Rom, works with Juicy's Rom using Opera ver 9.51b1 intalled but not with the Custom Opera that came with Juicy's Rom.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOTURBO View Post
Opera on Telus ROM works. I downloaded pocket putty fine (re flashed the rom just now). Opera on v1.06 Juicy does not download or open a file at all. Try to download or open pocket putty version 0.1 (zip file) from here:
http://www.pocketputty.net/download.html

It's the 3rd link from the bottom. It will work with Opera on Telus Rom, works with Juicy's Rom using Opera ver 9.51b1 intalled but not with the Custom Opera that came with Juicy's Rom.
I have never had download work for me. Telus rom right up to the Juicy 1.07 im currently on
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I have been standing outside on my balcony for five minutes, and still no sats on google maps. I ran QuickGPS as well. I edited the QSPT on the original Telus ROM, do i need to do it again. I use to get 6-8 sats in under a minute
Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I have been standing outside on my balcony for five minutes, and still no sats on google maps. I ran QuickGPS as well. I edited the QSPT on the original Telus ROM, do i need to do it again. I use to get 6-8 sats in under a minute
nope reset you device it might just need a reboot.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
I have never had download work for me. Telus rom right up to the Juicy 1.07 im currently on

Did you make sure that you save to internal storage? I selected internal storage and chose My Documents as the folder (only shows folders directly appearing in the root of Internal Storage). Also, my service is EV and I'm on the unlimited data plan for smartphones, if that helps.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOTURBO View Post
Did you make sure that you save to internal storage? I selected internal storage and chose My Documents as the folder (only shows folders directly appearing in the root of Internal Storage). Also, my service is EV and I'm on the unlimited data plan for smartphones, if that helps.
yes i tried everything then gave up and used my laptop which was less then a foot away. ive never been able to get opera to download anything. stock rom all the way up to this rom.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
nope reset you device it might just need a reboot.
Tried the reset, five minutes, still 0 sats. What about a hard reset
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Tried the reset, five minutes, still 0 sats. What about a hard reset
Give it a shot, i have no issues with GPS
Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Give it a shot, i have no issues with GPS
Re booting in progress, I hope this works. I really don't want to have to go back to the Telus ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development