PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)

orangekid 04-07-2011 08:09 AM

Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

Quote:

Originally Posted by caocao (Post 2081044)
Most of the Rom links are down..

Ill take a look and see about fixing them.

mikecism 05-29-2011 04:14 PM

Sprint Stock ROM for Touch Diamond

Does anyone have the stock Sprint ROM for the Touch Diamond? (or latest OEm Sprint ROM for the Touch Diamond)

The links at the beginning of this thread appear dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

monkeyboy 05-29-2011 11:18 PM

Re: Sprint Stock ROM for Touch Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecism (Post 2108363)
Does anyone have the stock Sprint ROM for the Touch Diamond? (or latest OEm Sprint ROM for the Touch Diamond)

The links at the beginning of this thread appear dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

did you try at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Touch

otherwise, I have it... but I think its the same as at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs ...

DjLokoLoko 07-08-2011 02:34 PM

I'm trying to download the stock MTS ROM but it seems to be a dead link. Can anyone help? Also looking for the PRL. Thanks

tommyboy_to 08-10-2011 03:03 PM

Hi All.

I am really hoping that someone can help direct me. After reviewing about 50+ pages on several threads I`m completely confused. Here`s the deal:

I was just given an HTC Touch Diamond CDMA that is registered to Bell. I am with Telus and need the phone to work on the Telus network. I called Telus and they said it is not possible (I don't believe them). I am not really worried about any fancy ROM's or special add ons. I simply want to make this phone work on Telus' network. I have alot of ideas about what I'm supposed to do, but much of what I'm reading doesn't make sense to me and I don't really want to fry my phone.

Also, when I tried to download the files from the 1st post, I could not download the .rar files...I keep getting error messages.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommyboy_to

orangekid 08-10-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyboy_to (Post 2136590)
Hi All.

I am really hoping that someone can help direct me. After reviewing about 50+ pages on several threads I`m completely confused. Here`s the deal:

I was just given an HTC Touch Diamond CDMA that is registered to Bell. I am with Telus and need the phone to work on the Telus network. I called Telus and they said it is not possible (I don't believe them). I am not really worried about any fancy ROM's or special add ons. I simply want to make this phone work on Telus' network. I have alot of ideas about what I'm supposed to do, but much of what I'm reading doesn't make sense to me and I don't really want to fry my phone.

Also, when I tried to download the files from the 1st post, I could not download the .rar files...I keep getting error messages.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommyboy_to

I get so confused with Bell and Telus, it's like both companies are CDMA and GSM so it's hard to tell.

Is your diamond GSM or CDMA? (does it have a SIM slot or do you activate thru the network?

If it is CDMA then they have to add the ESN to their database, you may just be dealing with someone who doesn't know how to do that.

If it's GSM you're going to have to get an unlock code from the original carrier.

But let me know if it's CDMA or GSM first and we'll go from there.

tommyboy_to 08-10-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2136593)
I get so confused with Bell and Telus, it's like both companies are CDMA and GSM so it's hard to tell.

Is your diamond GSM or CDMA? (does it have a SIM slot or do you activate thru the network?

If it is CDMA then they have to add the ESN to their database, you may just be dealing with someone who doesn't know how to do that.

If it's GSM you're going to have to get an unlock code from the original carrier.

But let me know if it's CDMA or GSM first and we'll go from there.

Thanks Orangekid.

The phone is definitely a CDMA as there is no SIM slot. When I called into Telus they asked me for the ESN and I was unable to give it to them. Behind the battery are the following codes: MEID HEX, MEID DEC & S/N. Because there was no ESN, he said I can not use it.

orangekid 08-10-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyboy_to (Post 2136596)
Thanks Orangekid.

The phone is definitely a CDMA as there is no SIM slot. When I called into Telus they asked me for the ESN and I was unable to give it to them. Behind the battery are the following codes: MEID HEX, MEID DEC & S/N. Because there was no ESN, he said I can not use it.

the DEC should be your ESN

tommyboy_to 08-10-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2136605)
the DEC should be your ESN

I confirmed that the ESN is the MEID, however, I have been told that the serial number is invalid (due to the fact that it is a Bell phone). Any idea's?

Mr. X 08-11-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyboy_to (Post 2136625)
I confirmed that the ESN is the MEID, however, I have been told that the serial number is invalid (due to the fact that it is a Bell phone). Any idea's?

Telus will say its invalid because its not registered in the system. It's not a fact of they cant it's a fact of they wont allow outside devices on there cdma network. so you're out of luck.