PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)

Grandboy3000 01-21-2010 08:16 PM

Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

what does unlocking your phone do?

Riley 01-22-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandboy3000 (Post 1507565)
what does unlocking your phone do?

it allows you to flash roms on this forum specifically the cdma diamond roms and radios. Read up on the first page so you are comfortable with the process.

papafish09 01-25-2010 08:35 PM

man this is retarded i followed the steps and the stupid roms wont install on my phone can anyone help me cause none of the roms i download are goin on to my phone...i want wm 6.5

orangekid 01-25-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papafish09 (Post 1516288)
man this is retarded i followed the steps and the stupid roms wont install on my phone can anyone help me cause none of the roms i download are goin on to my phone...i want wm 6.5

sounds like maybe you did everything except unlock your phone.

Go back to the first post and download the unlocker, follow the directions, then download a 6.5 rom ( I suggest OMJ's ROM under the diamond>cdma upgrades forum)

dabura 02-03-2010 02:35 PM

quick question, I'm runnning SPrint Stock ROM with MetroPCS. If i download a custom ROM and install it to my diamond, do i have to reinstall the PRL ( someone told me i have to do this in order for MetroPCS to continue to work), is there any steps that i need to do before and after installing a custom ROM? thanks

holymackrel 02-06-2010 03:52 PM

Hi,

I think I did something realy stupid. I used this topic to unlock my HTC touch Pro. Oke, I read the warning but I didn't expect it was going seriusly wrong. My HTC touch Pro doesn't respont on anything now. I tried al kinds of ways of a hard reset, but still no respons. It seems dead completely. I tested the battery and is full. On charging I also don't see the little blue light arround te enter button. Please help!

orangekid 02-08-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holymackrel (Post 1546348)
Hi,

I think I did something realy stupid. I used this topic to unlock my HTC touch Pro. Oke, I read the warning but I didn't expect it was going seriusly wrong. My HTC touch Pro doesn't respont on anything now. I tried al kinds of ways of a hard reset, but still no respons. It seems dead completely. I tested the battery and is full. On charging I also don't see the little blue light arround te enter button. Please help!

looks like you tried to unlock a Touch Pro with the Diamond unlocker; that can't be good.

take out the battery, put it back in, hard reset:

You press the vol down key and the enter key while keeping those depressed insert yoyr stylus into the soft reset hole . Remove the stylus while still depressing the other two keys. A screen should pop up telling you , you are erasing all data. Then just follow the screen. If it does not work do it again until it does.

if this works then use the Touch Pro unlocker instead of the Diamond one.

try it and report back, also post what you did in the touch pro upgrades forum.

rootlinux 02-08-2010 02:21 PM

Try putting it in BootLoader mode and flashing a stock rom back on it.

orangekid 02-08-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1550535)

since he never unlocked it, I don't think the RUU will work on it right?

orangekid 02-08-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1550535)

Also if you DO decide to try this, use the Touch Pro stock ROM and NOT the diamond rom found in this thread. The thread you want to download an unlocker and maybe a ROM is this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854

lastly, I see your carrier is "kpn"? what is this? what country are you in? we need to ensure we know if you're cmda or gsm, do you use a sim card?