PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)

dexter35803 02-09-2010 12:28 AM

Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

has there been no luck with unlocking the VZW Diamond???

orangekid 02-09-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter35803 (Post 1551888)
has there been no luck with unlocking the VZW Diamond???

yeah I think they just gave up.

duba22y 02-12-2010 02:25 PM

I searched google and this thread briefly, but I don't think my question is answered (sorry if it is!).
Anyway, I just wanted to confirm that I needed to relock my cell before changing the number.
Thanks in advance!

orangekid 02-12-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duba22y (Post 1561075)
I searched google and this thread briefly, but I don't think my question is answered (sorry if it is!).
Anyway, I just wanted to confirm that I needed to relock my cell before changing the number.
Thanks in advance!

i dont see why you'd have to.

duba22y 02-12-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1561124)
i dont see why you'd have to.

I thought I read that you had to somewhere before. Also, I'm fairly noobish, so I wasn't sure if the programming sequence you'd run to change the number would be any different. (I'm obviously changing it from home because I don't think they'd do it with an unlocked phone at the store).

orangekid 02-12-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duba22y (Post 1561245)
I thought I read that you had to somewhere before. Also, I'm fairly noobish, so I wasn't sure if the programming sequence you'd run to change the number would be any different. (I'm obviously changing it from home because I don't think they'd do it with an unlocked phone at the store).

I think you're fine, relocking would only be necessary if you were returning it for a warranty or insurance issue, you can swap esn or change numbers just fine, they'll just put esn on a different number that's all.

as far as "from the store" yeah most of them wouldn't even know how to operate wm6.5 as the settings are in different places, so I'd just do it online or over the phone.

duba22y 02-12-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1561280)
I think you're fine, relocking would only be necessary if you were returning it for a warranty or insurance issue, you can swap esn or change numbers just fine, they'll just put esn on a different number that's all.

as far as "from the store" yeah most of them wouldn't even know how to operate wm6.5 as the settings are in different places, so I'd just do it online or over the phone.

Well I tried, and it didn't work, I just pretended it did to the Bell staff member because I got the information on how to do it myself over the phone, and dealing with Bell is annoying as hell, i.e. first they disconnected the call, I called back and they transferred me to On-Star for GM cars, then when I actually got through to someone they made me hard reset the phone for no reason because their instructions were wrong lol.

ANYWAY, I'm using OMJ Sense 1921 28005. It let me update the MDN and MSID number, but wouldn't keep the changes. Ah well, I'll flash back to stock and try again. Thanks a bunch for your help though! =)

orangekid 02-12-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duba22y (Post 1561382)
Well I tried, and it didn't work, I just pretended it did to the Bell staff member because I got the information on how to do it myself over the phone, and dealing with Bell is annoying as hell, i.e. first they disconnected the call, I called back and they transferred me to On-Star for GM cars, then when I actually got through to someone they made me hard reset the phone for no reason because their instructions were wrong lol.

ANYWAY, I'm using OMJ Sense 1921 28005. It let me update the MDN and MSID number, but wouldn't keep the changes. Ah well, I'll flash back to stock and try again. Thanks a bunch for your help though! =)

that's so weird. maybe you should run the Bell carrier cab and then try? or if you already flashed stock see if that works.

let us know if it worked :)

duba22y 02-13-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1561399)
that's so weird. maybe you should run the Bell carrier cab and then try? or if you already flashed stock see if that works.

let us know if it worked :)

So, I just flashed back to Bell stock and it worked fine. Now just gotta reflashed OMJs latest and I'm all set!

GirlGoneGeek 02-21-2010 12:19 AM

tobeychris thanks a lot for this tutorial! I am diving in now to make my first step at doing this alone, without wideawakes help. I will of course let you know when I have accomplished my "official" first unlocking and flashing (all by myself)! :)

also a big thanks to cmonex, no2chem and ghettofreeryder for working so hard to make this so simple!

Edited 2/21

It's official I HAVE NOW! :) unlocked and flashed my phone to Mightys Windows 6.5 ROM for the HTC Diamond. I am so excited and can't wait to see what I learn next :)