PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro
Carrier: sprint

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing

does it matter what order i do it? relock first then stock rom?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2pm View Post
does it matter what order i do it? relock first then stock rom?
I personally would flash stock rom first, then re-lock... but it shouldn't matter which order
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Ensure that you have .NET Framework 3.5 (Will be in add/remove software).
A very good idea to read.
I've been getting frustrated for a few hours because none of the unlocking procedures was working.
So I re-read the instructions and went through each one carefully. Lo and behold, I didn't have .NET3.5 installed. What a surprise- I just had to reload Windows and after all the updates, that wasn't included.
I thought I'd have some good news after downloading and installing, but I'm still getting the same error. I never get past 0% after it starts to update. Nothing changes on the device.
ERROR [202]: CONNECTION
I'm going to reboot the computer and the Diamond and see if that helps.
----------------
Reset Diamond and PC. .NET3.5 installed.
I'm stumped.
--------------
Don't know what I did differently, but after a few more attempts, it seems to have worked. Strange. I got to the point where it says it was security unlocked, but my device information is still there. Is that possible?
And when I just tried to flash the new Juicy ROM, it failed.

Last edited by Trident; 11-26-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:08 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by leer125 View Post
Can I use this for a Sprint HTC PRO?

Dave
NO.
I believe there are unlockers in the TouchPro thread.
Everyone has been emphatic that these are for the Diamond/Victor ONLY.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 AM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzic View Post
hi

i am trying to find a way to unlock my telus cdma touch pro without using xp or vista, as i only have windows 2000 and ubuntu

haven't found anything yet...any suggestions? i searched and came up with nothing
AFAIK none exist currently, however you could try...

1) emulate the required OS and attempt to install via VM
2) find an XP/Vista machine to do the install
3) install XP/Vista on your machine
4) wait for another method to be developed
5) develop said method for everyone else
Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I'm currently uploading four files to the FTP.

1. Telus Shipped ROM, full name: _HTC Touch Diamond (TELUS)_VICTOR_C_TELUS_WWE_1.10.661.41_RS_1.04.05V _NV_1.45_PRL08085_Ship.exe.

2. New Telus Stock ROM, OS extraction of the above shipped ROM (only OS, no Radio, SPL or Splash Screens).

3. Sprint Shipped ROM, full name: RUU_VICTOR_C_SPRINT_WWE_PPST_1.09.651.5_Radio_1.00 .00F_NV_1.44_Ship.exe.

4. New Sprint Stock ROM, OS extraction of the above shipped ROM (only OS, no Radio, SPL or Splash Screens).

I have also deleted the old versions as they were not actually stock, but compiled ROMs by us (some of the more experienced), and did not, in fact, have completely stock components.

These file should be ready in the morning, if they're not, please don't complain, they'll be ready when they're in the first post.

Last edited by tobeychris; 12-07-2008 at 03:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: verizon

robertrocha is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to robertrocha

i want to go slow im nervous about flashing my ROM, right now i just want to change my splash screen. Is it possible to just flash a new splash screen without changing the rest of my ROM ?? I have been reading for days... and still a bit confused... i have the new splash i want... "python eyes" by Windoze9t8 and it's in .nbh format, i'll post it for anyone who might like it too. i have cmonex spl and diamond RUU ... i just want to make sure im not going to change anything else besides the splash... it's an Alltel phone:
ROM: 1.13.671.2 date: 09/12/08
Radio: 1.03.13F
OS: 5.2.19972 Build: 19972.1.2.7 thanks for any help so i dont F this thing up... Big Thanks to Cmonex, Toby, Olipro, and all the other Devs that bring us all this cool sh*t to turn our phones into little works of art. I'll be donating as soon as i pay off the bank debit for the phone

EDIT NOTE: my pc is running windows 7 build 6801 ... you think ill have any issues with SPL or RUU ? or should i use another pc that has xp on it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diam-python.jpg (10.0 KB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Diamond_Python_Eyes.zip (145.9 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by robertrocha; 01-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p3450
Carrier: sfr

patric is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to patric
Re: htc diamond dead

i tried to unlock my gsm htc diamond using this solution http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
now my phone is totaly dead and can't enter to bootloader
any solution to repair it
thx
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyxxx View Post
First, thx 4 the awsome page. Since this is the how to thread I wanted to know how to upgrade my radio?
This is the wrong thread.

That being said I will offer you the following advise:

1) Flashing a Radio is done the SAME WAY as flashing a ROM
2) My preferred method is using the SD Card (for you diamond users it would be Flashing from the internal storage)
Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

COGnosticator is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker76 View Post
what are you guy using to open the rar files? Also,what does it mean to drag the ruu_signed.nbh into the ruu? iI cant seen to drag or copy and past anything in those files.
I use this free rar:

http://www.download.com/Free-RAR-Ext...html?tag=mncol

I also followed these instructions for the ruu part:

http://modmydiamond.info/index.php?o...1&limitstart=4

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
mts rom