PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062)

avarela86 08-23-2009 11:20 AM

Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1116856)
The way it works is that if you flash the sprint rom, it comes with all the sprint radios and data settings and blah blah blah. You cant use sprint's data settings on metro. When you flash to juicy, it doesnot affect your radio and data settings. Search the forum for "Metropcs" and "DCD". Download your cab file. Install. Be happy. Live.

I've been searching for some time and assume i need to swap to an old radio? Would you be able to elaborate some more via PM so as to not go off topic here?

bradart 08-23-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avarela86 (Post 1117326)
I've been searching for some time and assume i need to swap to an old radio? Would you be able to elaborate some more via PM so as to not go off topic here?

No, you don't need to swap out an OLD radio. You need to swap with a MetroPCS radio. Right now your phone thinks it is a sprint phone.

avarela86 08-23-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1117350)
No, you don't need to swap out an OLD radio. You need to swap with a MetroPCS radio. Right now your phone thinks it is a sprint phone.

Yea I found a website that had instructions to update my PRL and it all worked out great so im back on track. I'll mess with WAP and all that another day for now I just need the phone to work for calls. Thanks for the help all.

bradart 08-24-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avarela86 (Post 1117480)
Yea I found a website that had instructions to update my PRL and it all worked out great so im back on track. I'll mess with WAP and all that another day for now I just need the phone to work for calls. Thanks for the help all.

Theres a cab you can install to configure it automatically.

jmh_vera 08-24-2009 11:04 AM

Hi! is there any special process to reflash back a stock rom or i just flash it like any other Custom ROM? I mean, i have the MightyROM4 on my Diamond but in order to flash the MightyROM6 it requires that i flash back a stock ROM to correct some possible bugs.

Thanks!!

liriel 08-24-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmh_vera (Post 1119053)
Hi! is there any special process to reflash back a stock rom or i just flash it like any other Custom ROM? I mean, i have the MightyROM4 on my Diamond but in order to flash the MightyROM6 it requires that i flash back a stock ROM to correct some possible bugs.

Thanks!!

Just flash like any other ROM. Also, it is good practice to flash back to shipped (or stock if shipped is not available for your carrier) prior to flashing any custom ROM.

jmh_vera 08-24-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liriel (Post 1119271)
Just flash like any other ROM. Also, it is good practice to flash back to shipped (or stock if shipped is not available for your carrier) prior to flashing any custom ROM.

Yes, actually that's what i mentioned on my last post, i'll flash MR6 but it requires to flash back a Stock Rom. Difference between Stock and Shipped is that Stock has the .nbh file so you can flash it using your Storage Card, isn't it?

Thanks

liriel 08-24-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmh_vera (Post 1119714)
Yes, actually that's what i mentioned on my last post, i'll flash MR6 but it requires to flash back a Stock Rom. Difference between Stock and Shipped is that Stock has the .nbh file so you can flash it using your Storage Card, isn't it?

Thanks

Rileyd5 explains the difference between stock and shipped here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=2

In general, flash shipped where it is available. You can extract the nbh from the shipped exe using WinRAR or some other archiving utility.

Eligos 08-25-2009 09:16 AM

Hello,

I just purchased my HTC Touch Diamond from Bell Mobility, it should arrive shortly. I've been reading as much as possible on the How-to's.

Question : On the first page of this thread, I only see Stock Bell ROM (CE OS 19972 Build 19972) not the shipping ROM.
If I use Dump My ROM on my phone when I get it, will that essentially give me my shipping ROM for later use?

Thanks.

liriel 08-25-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eligos (Post 1120674)
Hello,

I just purchased my HTC Touch Diamond from Bell Mobility, it should arrive shortly. I've been reading as much as possible on the How-to's.

Question : On the first page of this thread, I only see Stock Bell ROM (CE OS 19972 Build 19972) not the shipping ROM.
If I use Dump My ROM on my phone when I get it, will that essentially give me my shipping ROM for later use?

Thanks.

I am also on Bell and I have used the Stock ROM many times for flashing between custom ROMs - it works fine. The only catch is that if you return the phone to Bell you can't restore the phone to exactly the same condition as when you got it. However, I recently had to exchange my phone due to a hardware failure and Belldid not notice that I had the stock ROM loaded.

Regarding dumping your ROM, that will not produce a ROM image that you can use for flashing. That procedure is primarily used by chef's to extract different packagegs for cooking into their own ROMs.