PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljohnson1981 View Post
Somebody please help me figure out how to unlock the verizon diamond. Please.
Please read the thread before posting - if you expect people to take the time to help you, you need to demonstrate that you have made an effort to solve your problem first.

Ok, in good faith I will point you to tobeychris's post above that states this will NOT work on Verizon phones - you may brick your phone if you try.

Last edited by liriel; 08-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Is it possible to unlock and relock the diamond from internal storage as outlined for the TP here?: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

if so, i would really like to know.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started
Re: How To: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, and Kitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
ok so i had to hard reset power+voldown+enter+reset (which is a PITA btw) then ran the unlocker again, success... then ran juicy's rom, success... did not let customizations run... BINGO!

Works Perfectly! Phonecalls, data and all!!!!

ANYONE WITH A SPRINT DIAMOND:

HARD RESET BEFORE DOIN THIS AND IT WILL WORK!

AND DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN!!!

man, i'm glad i didn't Chuck-Up anything lol

i will try ghettotobey rom in a couple days and see which i like...

Thanks for everyones input!

I have tried a half dozen times with no success. I did a system reset (clear storage/ format). After that, I try to run the unlocker but get the communications error. (error 262 or 264). Try to do a ROM update, and get the same error (error 260). My current ROM is the latest SPRINT ROM. Trying to goto MIGHTYROM4. Also, when you say to not let customizations run, there is no way to prevent that. After a hard reset, it automatically installs CABs. In each case, the LCD stays on 0%, then errors out.

I can't be the only one with this problem. (i followed the intsructions step by step)

Any clues?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
I have tried a half dozen times with no success. I did a system reset (clear storage/ format). After that, I try to run the unlocker but get the communications error. (error 262 or 264). Try to do a ROM update, and get the same error (error 260). My current ROM is the latest SPRINT ROM. Trying to goto MIGHTYROM4. Also, when you say to not let customizations run, there is no way to prevent that. After a hard reset, it automatically installs CABs. In each case, the LCD stays on 0%, then errors out.

I can't be the only one with this problem. (i followed the intsructions step by step)

Any clues?
hmm, what does your bootloader version show?

1) you should not be attempting to flash ROMs until you've successfully unlocked
2) if you are running vista, then try winXP
3) to stop customizations, simply (soft) reset your device during the 3 second countdown
Old 08-18-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
hmm, what does your bootloader version show?

1) you should not be attempting to flash ROMs until you've successfully unlocked
2) if you are running vista, then try winXP
3) to stop customizations, simply (soft) reset your device during the 3 second countdown
thanks for the response. I got it to work. I did nothing different than the day before, and now the update to MIGHTYROM4 worked. What a world of difference with the apps. FM RADIO is great.
Now, just need to get tethering to work. Seems to be broke now even with reg hack. There is another thread on this topic which others have same issue.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bigbearballs is a n00b

These directions were great, thank you. I have STX 4.9 on my phone now and love it. Now, if I want to add different icons and notification icons... Can I do that within STX 4.9? If I can, how can I do that? What about GPS?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS

avarela86 is a n00b

This sucks, I went ahead and thought I could install Upgrade ROM from HTC site version 2.00.651.7 and I walked outside with the phone working all good till I tried to make a call and I get a message saying welcome to the American Roaming Network. I was connected to MetroPCS flashed and running a stock Sprint ROM 1.9____. Please help? I was trying to go with a newer rom to see if it would speed up the phone but now im worse off. Would I be able to fix this by going to something like Juicy 8 ROM because on HTC site it says DO NOT go back to an older version once ROM 2.0 has been installed.

This is the upgrade I did.
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=530

EDIT: Phone is unlocked and verified at bootloader screen.

EDIT2: I went back to my OLD stock Sprint ROM regardless of what it said on the site and STILL no service, though when I get into the Phone screen it shows MetroPCS on the upper left corner and also in the upper phone management tabs in the service tab.

EDIT 3: Got the Phone now working on Juicy 8 no worries but STILL no service. I really hope I don't need to get re-flashed I don't see how I could've messed that up.

Last edited by avarela86; 08-22-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avarela86 View Post
This sucks, I went ahead and thought I could install Upgrade ROM from HTC site version 2.00.651.7 and I walked outside with the phone working all good till I tried to make a call and I get a message saying welcome to the American Roaming Network. I was connected to MetroPCS flashed and running a stock Sprint ROM 1.9____. Please help? I was trying to go with a newer rom to see if it would speed up the phone but now im worse off. Would I be able to fix this by going to something like Juicy 8 ROM because on HTC site it says DO NOT go back to an older version once ROM 2.0 has been installed.

This is the upgrade I did.
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=530

EDIT: Phone is unlocked and verified at bootloader screen.

EDIT2: I went back to my OLD stock Sprint ROM regardless of what it said on the site and STILL no service, though when I get into the Phone screen it shows MetroPCS on the upper left corner and also in the upper phone management tabs in the service tab.

EDIT 3: Got the Phone now working on Juicy 8 no worries but STILL no service. I really hope I don't need to get re-flashed I don't see how I could've messed that up.
Hi, if you are a metropcs customer and flash a shipped Sprint rom from HTC site, it will probably screw up your network settings and they will need to be manually inputted. I unfortunately am no expert on this but there are some threads out there about getting data/calls working for metropcs. Hopefully someone with metro can chime in with some solutions. I am confident you can get this set up again properly.

by the way, tried to pm you but it said I could not send you a pm for some reason? strange. something about your settings do not allow pm to be received. just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by Riley; 08-22-2009 at 10:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS

avarela86 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi, if you are a metropcs customer and flash a shipped Sprint rom from HTC site, it will probably screw up your network settings and they will need to be manually inputted. I unfortunately am no expert on this but there are some threads out there about getting data/calls working for metropcs. Hopefully someone with metro can chime in with some solutions. I am confident you can get this set up again properly.

by the way, tried to pm you but it said I could not send you a pm for some reason? strange. something about your settings do not allow pm to be received. just wanted to let you know.
Ill look into it more tom. thanks for the input. I'm spent for today trying to fix the phone plus I have family that just flew in. Guess im not only car-less now but also phone-less...sob stories everyones got one lol.

Metro peeps chime in!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by avarela86 View Post
Ill look into it more tom. thanks for the input. I'm spent for today trying to fix the phone plus I have family that just flew in. Guess im not only car-less now but also phone-less...sob stories everyones got one lol.

Metro peeps chime in!
The way it works is that if you flash the sprint rom, it comes with all the sprint radios and data settings and blah blah blah. You cant use sprint's data settings on metro. When you flash to juicy, it doesnot affect your radio and data settings. Search the forum for "Metropcs" and "DCD". Download your cab file. Install. Be happy. Live.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
mts rom