PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

matt85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond_C CDMA SSPL and HardSPL package is here now!

I've seen people ask this question but get an answer that doesn't really answer the question. What does this do? How is this different than the other version of the diamond unlocker i've been using for almost a year? It it just for more advanced users or do custom roms work better with it. Sorry I tried searching and reading.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: att

emirns is a n00b

hi! im totaly noob, i bricked my gsm diamond. can i restore it and how??? PLEASEEEEE HELP ME!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

THUNDER02 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Diamond_C CDMA SSPL and HardSPL package is here now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
yeah, HardSPL for CDMA Diamond is ready, just need to package it up into a userfriendly package. will do that in the evening.
edit: scroll down, it is done

though, I must mention, rebasing the SSPL was a real hard task, the GSM diamond was easier in some ways (and in others, not - anyway, you can get GSM version at xda-devs)...

there will be two HSPL's.

1. 0.43.MFG for the hackers, because otherwise, it is too old, apparently has screen issues in WM, which is easily fixed by a power off / on (suspend / resume) cycle. but it has mw, it has rtask, has lnbh, etc. etc.

2. 0.57 for other people, this has no screen issues.

(the SSPL is based on 0.43.)

thanks to tobeychris for testing. and it was fun to work with no2chem!

so stay tuned... & here are some photos until then...

UPDATE: HardSPL is released... now!

thanks to tobeychris and ghettofreeryder for testing!

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM diamond (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this will brick your device.
to download a compatible hardspl package for gsm diamond you can go to forum.xda-developers.com.
but if you have CDMA diamond (SPRINT/TELUS), then you have to use this hardspl, not the one at xda-developers!!!

ok, now the instructions themselves.

0) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) it is recommended you download only the DiamondC_HSPL057.zip unless you want to tinker with MFG SPL.
3) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
4) run DiamondC_HSPL057.exe (or maybe 043, if you want to experiment with MFG SPL),
5) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
6) it should go to tricolour screen now and say SSPL0.43.CMONEX.
7) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
8 ) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.57.CMONEX (or 0.43.CMONEX MFG).

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the volume down and power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

finally, if you somehow wish to thank me with a donation, you can: click here

enjoy!

plissss

was unlocking my phone (the HTC Touch Pro 2 <sprint>) and I was using a Diamond unlocker (I thought it would be fine), but during the process there was a connection error and now my phone seems to be bricked. I can't get it to even turn on, get to a bootloader screen, or anything even remotely close.
The one odd thing that it does though, is when I connect it to my computer, it pops up and my computer recognizes there is a device there. In my Device Manager there is an unknown device called: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM. I have tried every combination of two buttons, including holding down the reset button with all of them, but nothing gets me anywhere.
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any more information.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skullan is just getting started

I unlocked with the .43 unlocker. However, I do have a question.

I'm not sure, but I think it might have made it somewhat more sluggish. Is this in my head, as in this might be me being more overly critical?

If this is a possibility, what I would like to do is use the diamond_relocker.rar and then unlock with .57.

I'm not into hacking with my phone all that much, so, if there will be added benefits with .57, I would prefer just to put that on. Thoughts?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullan View Post
I unlocked with the .43 unlocker. However, I do have a question.

I'm not sure, but I think it might have made it somewhat more sluggish. Is this in my head, as in this might be me being more overly critical?

If this is a possibility, what I would like to do is use the diamond_relocker.rar and then unlock with .57.

I'm not into hacking with my phone all that much, so, if there will be added benefits with .57, I would prefer just to put that on. Thoughts?
Correction, I boot into what I think is bootloader mode (press the power + volume down, pressing reset behind the battery cover) and I receive the tri-coloured screen with the information of:

DIAM500
SPL-0.62.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam STAGE_EVT v20

Does this indicate that my phone is not unlocked?

I went through the process last night and it showed me the 43.COMNEX
Old 12-30-2009, 10:22 AM
N00b

Quote:
Correction, I boot into what I think is bootloader mode (press the power + volume down, pressing reset behind the battery cover) and I receive the tri-coloured screen with the information of:

DIAM500
SPL-0.62.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam STAGE_EVT v20

Okay, I realized what I did wrong.

I thought once I saw that bootloader mode the first time during the flash that everything was done. But, it turned out there was a new grey screen with a progress bar (obviously the flash).

The first time I did this, I pretty much did what you shouldn't do... at the tri-colour screen, I was pressing buttons, pulling the usb cable and yanking the battery I'm surprised I don't have a brick right now.

My recommendations for additions to install instructions:

Quote:
6) it should go to tricolour screen now and say SSPL0.43.CMONEX *DO NOT DISCONNECT* This screen is just the start of the process.
6.5)
7) A grey screen will appear and the SPL flashes

After which, the device automatically reboots and the job is done.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Movilnet

Joncak is a n00b

hello, i was trying to fix my phone and update the software with the DiamondC_HSPL043.zip, ok good, but now my movil its crap me out with the slow it in the software, any 1 can help me to tell me what i most to do to fix the slow of my phone and get a normally speed in the Software.

i used total total commander and find

Internal Storage
My Documents
Program Files
temp
Windows
sspl-1.01-reloc-medo...
pim.vol
cemail.vol
mxip_system.vol
mxip_lang.vol
mxip_initdb.vol
mxip_swmgmt.vol
JumpSPL.exe
JumpSPL.txt
Tone_Sample.log
pwhash.bin
wcecfall.dll

the system move 98% memory in use
Room: Synergy phoenix 2 wm 6.5 + manila 2.5
Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: metroPCS

ahernandez4110 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ahernandez4110

Where is the Hard SPL for DIAM400 SPL-0.58.0000

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
yeah, HardSPL for CDMA Diamond is ready, just need to package it up into a userfriendly package. will do that in the evening.
edit: scroll down, it is done

though, I must mention, rebasing the SSPL was a real hard task, the GSM diamond was easier in some ways (and in others, not - anyway, you can get GSM version at xda-devs)...

there will be two HSPL's.

1. 0.43.MFG for the hackers, because otherwise, it is too old, apparently has screen issues in WM, which is easily fixed by a power off / on (suspend / resume) cycle. but it has mw, it has rtask, has lnbh, etc. etc.

2. 0.57 for other people, this has no screen issues.

(the SSPL is based on 0.43.)

thanks to tobeychris for testing. and it was fun to work with no2chem!

so stay tuned... & here are some photos until then...

UPDATE: HardSPL is released... now!

thanks to tobeychris and ghettofreeryder for testing!

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM diamond (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this will brick your device.
to download a compatible hardspl package for gsm diamond you can go to forum.xda-developers.com.
but if you have CDMA diamond (SPRINT/TELUS), then you have to use this hardspl, not the one at xda-developers!!!

ok, now the instructions themselves.

0) make sure you have .NET framework installed on your PC! if not, get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) it is recommended you download only the DiamondC_HSPL057.zip unless you want to tinker with MFG SPL.
3) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
4) run DiamondC_HSPL057.exe (or maybe 043, if you want to experiment with MFG SPL),
5) follow steps in the RUU, and check on the device for prompts after PC shows loading bar.
6) it should go to tricolour screen now and say SSPL0.43.CMONEX.
7) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
8 ) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.57.CMONEX (or 0.43.CMONEX MFG).

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the volume down button along with the power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the volume down and power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

finally, if you somehow wish to thank me with a donation, you can: click here

enjoy!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: metroPCS

ahernandez4110 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ahernandez4110

Your phone is still Locked SPL-0.62.0000 when you get all 4 zeros is because its lock if you see something diffrent then is unlocked. Hope this help.

Quote:

DIAM500
SPL-0.62.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam STAGE_EVT v20

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

zap_ingo is a n00b

Will this HardSPL unlock your pone to use with other carriers? (Provided the phone is brand new and locked to one carrier)
It's not clear to me if this will let you use the phone with any carrier or just unlocks the phone so you can flash other ROMs but it's still locked to the originating carrier.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development