PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Oct. 20, Lt. Sense 2.5.[2012|2016|2018], WM6.[5|5.x], MaxSense, Titanium

WOW I know that in "taste" is quite a personal option,
but I would have to say
EDIT: "that if you want to use
CHT 2.0 final (when it is released) and a nice THEME try this one ONLY when it has been released for VGA screen and bugs are corrected, you definitely try this one!!!!
[ THEME ][ WinDroid ** V2 AUTUMN ** CHT 2.0 beta ][ AVAILABLE ]
The author have a HTC HD (WVGA)
but he released in "V1" a VGA compatible, so maybe "V2" would have a VGA compatible too.
I would try actual WVGA release and comment in a while.

O.a.T: 1:54 SECONDS for boot time is not a dream but is the better I have got in while time. Thanks O.a.T

Sabroso
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 10-25-2010 at 01:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Oct. 20, Lt. Sense 2.5.[2012|2016|2018], WM6.[5|5.x], MaxSense, Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Hi O.a.T.

3) I'm using 25.2016.21681 (RssHub) w/theme
my question: Is this ROM the one you mention you use, I mean the "stark black"????

So my wish is just a lite version ROM when CHT 2.1 final be released
(wihtout Titanium and with no Wallpaper in Windows UI)

Thanks in advance, and really let us know how can we help you.
Sabroso
First, thanks for the kind words and the excellent report. Next, yes, I am personally using 2.5.2016/21681 with RSSHub, with no extra themes, but with many transparencies (clock, calendar, slider, etc.) cooked in. I manually cab in Voldeus' menu transparency mod which also gives me BG4All. The "stark black" I mention is my description of a wallpaper that I use. I'll post a couple of sceen shots after I get my phone of the wall charger. I will cook up and post a 2.5.2016/21681 without themes and without Titanium, but with RSS, next week. Finally, I am actually thinking of cooking up a CHT 2.0 Final, but it will probably be at least a week after 2.0 final is released to hopefully avoid another flash to a 2.1 final. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Quote:
WOW I know that in "taste" is quite a personal option,
but I would have to say
that if you want to use CHT 2.1 final (when it is released)
and a nice Theme
definitely try this one!!!!
[ THEME ][ WinDroid ** V2 AUTUMN ** CHT 2.0 beta ][ AVAILABLE ]

Sabroso
Very, very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited by O.a.T.; 10-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Re: Oct. 20, Lt. Sense 2.5.[2012|2016|2018], WM6.[5|5.x], MaxSense, Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
I will cook up and post a 2.5.2016/21681 without themes and without Titanium, but with RSS, next week. Finally, I am actually thinking of cooking up a CHT 2.0 Final, but it will probably be at least a week after 2.0 final is released
V2 Autumn Theme
Very, very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yourwelcome
and Thanks I will try that LITE ROM when ever you have time to make it.
Yes I was concern about CHT boot time and battery dry, but seems is will be fine at the end.

To everybody: ¡¡¡PLEASE READ!!!!!!
I had just recommend to try V2 autumn Theme so this is my report:
¡¡¡IT IS A STILL A WORK IN PROCESS!!!
even when the author has just released for WVGA
I think it is a little buggy for our HTC DIAMOND VGA screen
1.- the Dark Ninja android Taskbar it appears and disapear constantly ,
2.- I can't figure out how to make the "CHT Softkeys" works fine with this THEME (start menu ICON doesn't show up even with the fix applied)
3.- The "Android style" for "Windows Softkeys Bar" appear as part of the Wallpaper, but I have no clue how to THEME the "windows softkey button" to match the wallpaper with "Andorid Style softkey background".
4.- A real pain is that the "HTC Slider TAB" "show up button" doesn't work (I mean can't make to appear the "HTC slider TAB" which is hide it automatically.
5.- If you have already installed this THeme you will have to "save your CHT 2.0beta setting", uninstall all the THEME V2 Autumn CABs and reinstall CHT 2.0beta (no need to reinstall CHT 2.0beta Editor).

I'm sorry but I guess I was so in a hurry try this one. I think we would have to wait a little bit more to have a final release of that theme for VGA screen and wait for bugs be fixed, but it is promising to be good.

sabroso

Last edited by Sabroso; 10-25-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Review: Oct. 16, WM6.5.x Sense 2.5.2016.Sys-21681

O.a.T. continuing reviewing your ROM Sense 25.2016.21681 (with RssHub and Themed):
when ever you have time to make the lite one, no hurry at all my friend.
Actually I will try to make a report in Battery use, I don't know if I make a mess but something has start dry my battery (that was this saturday, I will keep an eye this sunday and I will probabaly re-flash sunday latenight.

My thoughts (with total respect to your work) about your ROM:
1.- fast boot time and fast respond when using it And WOW not one single crash or reboot. It is quite stable and fast!
2.- I'm happy that "phonecavas" (the fix dial for VGA) service seem to not had random fails when going out of Sleep State.
3.- General Theme is OK, good Sence UI coherence color, the "Start Menu" Icon it is not my favorite but I can change it so no problem at all. Anyway it is impossible to reach everyone theme taste.
4.- WOW "QuickEndkey" is a winner, I totally forget about "Slide to shutdown" and "psShutXP" (it is necesary to still have psShutXP???)
5.- Ringtones are working FINE (I mean the assignation process and ringing). Maybe you can erase a lot of them and I will compile them in a zip file. I think I had one file someplace in my external disks.
6.- by default "Sence Twiter TAB" doesn't appear but I can make it appear via "Sense General Setting TAB". I try it with my twitter account and works well.
7.- I really appreciate that "google Maps" works correct with "aGPS" (that only works if you have the correct regedit done) also it works fine if you enable the "GPS" too. (I don't have to reinstall it I just sing-in again and Voila"
8.- ActiveSync with "Push to mail" works fine with my google account (who ever think to pay for Blackberry BIS or BES???).
9.- Even there is no "windows live service & Messenger" installed I have no problem setting a hotmail acount (the phone put automatically the correct setting)
10.- Outlook works fine too, I mean I can download the "show image inside the mail" action, also the attachment files. The only flow in Outlook is that our "Wheal PAD" of our HTC DIAMONDS doesn't resize the text.
11.- In many cases the "Wheal PAD" doesn't work in spining action or the press to "go up" or "down" action doesn't work too.
12.- Now this is something I think is a problem I will try to find a fix just let me sometime. After I flash I don't understand why you put "TaskEnd" in the "start menu", NOW I get it. If you press "<--" (back button) in somecase just minimize the windows, but also when you press "X" (close button) it minimize the windows and actually don't close the program. I will try to find a fix, at least I know one with "WinMob 6.5" (the one with the "startmenu icon in the up side")

My "bottom line" opinion is that is quite a good ROM, stable, fast, compatible with a lot of stuff including CHT 2.0beta (with michaeldiamond fixs). Is the kind of phone ROM you would love for everyday use (work and spair time), you have great performance and a more organized user interface. This ROM has all that plus solid performance, nice features and a Terrific Sleek design with CHT 2.0 installed as any new Phone in the Market today.

I feel no envy for the Android phones, well of course I envy a Fast chip procesor Snapdragon, a big screen and big RAM,
but so FAR I doubt HTC company has ever dream how far can independent developers could take HTC DIAMONDS.

Thanks again O.a.T.
I will definitely try that LITE ROM (RssHub is OK by the way) without Titanium and without wallpaper in Windows UI.
when ever you have time to make it.

Sabroso

Last edited by Sabroso; 10-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Review: Oct. 16, WM6.5.x Sense 2.5.2016.Sys-21681

Quote:

4.- WOW "QuickEndkey" is a winner, I totally forget about "Slide to shutdown" and "psShutXP" (it is necesary to still have psShutXP???)

6.- by default "Sence Twiter TAB" doesn't appear but I can make it appear via "Sense General Setting TAB". I try it with my twitter account and works well.

10.- Outlook works fine too, I mean I can download the "show image inside the mail" action, also the attachment files. The only flow in Outlook is that our "Wheal PAD" of our HTC DIAMONDS doesn't resize the text.
11.- In many cases the "Wheal PAD" doesn't work in spining action or the press to "go up" or "down" action doesn't work too.

12.- Now this is something I think is a problem I will try to find a fix just let me sometime. After I flash I don't understand why you put "TaskEnd" in the "start menu", NOW I get it. If you press "<--" (back button) in somecase just minimize the windows, but also when you press "X" (close button) it minimize the windows and actually don't close the program. I will try to find a fix, at least I know one with "WinMob 6.5" (the one with the "startmenu icon in the up side")

Thanks again O.a.T.
I will definitely try that LITE ROM (RssHub is OK by the way) without Titanium and without wallpaper in Windows UI.
when ever you have time to make it.

Sabroso
Again, thank you for the very complete report.

Re: 4. I think you are right. Will try to remember to leave it out next time.

Re: 6. Yes, I personally do not use Twitter or Stocks on the phone so it is defaulted not to show. But as you noted it's easy to turn them on in the Settings tab and they both work.

Re: 10 & 11. Yes, again. Seems like many apps are omitting support for the thumb wheel, primarily I'm guessing, because many phones don't have one. 'Fraid I can't do much for that.

Re 12. In my experience, neither WinMo, IOS, or Android are very good at cleaning up after themselves, meaning killing programs and reclaiming memory after exiting them. "Exit", "Close", and "X" are all handled very differently by different developers. The best solution I've found on WinMo is a combination of XTask and XHook which at least are very good at letting me know which programs are running and making it easy to truly kill. Also, WinMo 21681 seems better to me at reclaiming memory once a program has been killed than the others I have tried.

Re: Lite ROM w/o themes, etc. I should have no problem getting 21681 up by the latest Tuesday. But be aware that 21683 with the newer AKU 5610 (think service pack) was just released, so I may do that instead. And since I normally like to run a rom myself a day or two before posting it, the release may be delayed. But if I go that way, hopefully it will be worth it.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G

Another Drunk NPC is just getting started

Hi O.a.T. - Again, Great ROM but how can I install/enable the Compact QWERTY keyboard? It's essential for typing when you're moving at all.
Thanks.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

andygallo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Drunk NPC View Post
Hi O.a.T. - Again, Great ROM but how can I install/enable the Compact QWERTY keyboard? It's essential for typing when you're moving at all.
Thanks.
The only way I've found to do this is to use PHM RegEdit and navagate to \HKLM\Software\HTC\ezsip. Change BioToShowMenu to 1 and then select Compact QWERTY.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.
Again, thank you for the very complete report.
Re: Lite ROM w/o themes, etc. I should have no problem getting 21681 up by the latest Tuesday. But be aware that 21683 with the newer AKU 5610 (think service pack) was just released, so I may do that instead. And since I normally like to run a rom myself a day or two before posting it, the release may be delayed. But if I go that way, hopefully it will be worth it.
Thanks O.a.T,
I really appreciate your work and totally agree with your words.
LOL, I was tAlking about xhook too, i will try and report.
Yeah I guess our wheal pad has that Sys problem
Totally agree with your point i will wait for 21683,
anyway today (sunday) after uninstall all MrBeO Theme my battery stop drying fast, after 10hrs still hsve 45%.

Last edited by Sabroso; 10-25-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G

Another Drunk NPC is just getting started

Ah, good enough. Thanks.
Hey OaT- Could you make Compact QWERTY directly accessible in the next ROM?
andygallo + myself + countless others would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: bell

sonic101mk2 is just getting started

Any word on a new version of max sense? I've grown very fond of it. And im itching to try out some new rooms but id prefer a max sense one. Nothing new in his thread though. whats new here?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development