PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [5/21/10] cesium's clearROM v1.7 [Sense 2.5 | 6.5.x | 23563]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny17 View Post
So this is easily the most reliable, fastest rom I have used yet for daily function, however I have hit some major instability issues when it comes to GPS related use.

It seems like the GPS is not accurate, and sometimes completely unreliable. Further, the phone resets a lot when trying to use various GPS enabled programs.
Odd, I have not experienced any of the issues you mention with GPS, in both google maps and bing. In the GPS folder in start menu, make sure to run QuickGPS and download the satellite info. It should help out your issue!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

carrier cabs are down?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
carrier cabs are down?
Looks like it. I got the link from a few other places on the forum, so not sure what to do.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

not a problem. i had a copy of sprint nav and sprint tv. that was basically all that was there right?

installed on the womans diamond lastnight, so far so good. install went smooth and stayed smooth after while installing everything. hopefully it doesn't start glitching in a day or 2 like almost all the others did lol.

looks very nice though!

any plans for an update?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
not a problem. i had a copy of sprint nav and sprint tv. that was basically all that was there right?

installed on the womans diamond lastnight, so far so good. install went smooth and stayed smooth after while installing everything. hopefully it doesn't start glitching in a day or 2 like almost all the others did lol.

looks very nice though!

any plans for an update?
Great! Yeah, the sprint carrier cab doesn't give much else besides update PRL options. However, that never worked for me when on a non-stock ROM.

I will be most likely updating by the end of next week. Just gathering updated Manila packages and trying them out. No update on the SYS though.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

amelcher is becoming a great contributor

So I know we had this issue last year with the Time Change bumping up our clocks but how do I change the clock time from central Standard Time to PST so it doesn't keep jumping an hour ahead?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I noticed this as well. in settings you can change your region. fixes this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

If that doesn't work, here are two alternatives:

1. Click the clock on home screen and add a city like san francisco thats in PST. set that as your location, hit menu, set local time and date. make sure it's the right time, then hit done. that will set your time zone to gmt -8, and you can go back to my location and delete san fran, and it should stick.

2. Start>Settings>Clock & Alarms. Set time zone. (probably what hamagc was referring to)

Last edited by cesium; 06-05-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Hey Cesium, your rom is just about the best one I've tried in terms of reliability and performance. Nice work.

The only thing preventing me from loving it, for some reason, I can't seem to reliably hang up a call with the hardware end button.

Sometimes I have to unlock and press the end key manually. It can be a problem cause I think I've hung up (pressed the end key) then I'll say something like WHAT A DUMBASS!! Not realizing the phone didn't hang up yet.

You can see how an embarrassing situation might be possible.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would it be because of the Lock utility or some other reason?

Anyway, no biggie, I'll keep working with it, it's possible my hardware button is getting worn, the rocker button method isn't the most reliable. But I seem to have more issues with this ROM when trying to hang up as opposed to others.

Thanks again, great ROM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Hm, that is strange. I basically never use the hardware buttons, so I can't comment on whether or not I have this problem.

It could be the locker, so try disabling it and see if that fixes it.
Start>System Tools>CHTEditor. Lockscreen settings, disable "Enable CHT lockscreen." If you don't want to completely disable the lockscreen, you can set it to not automatically lock when a call connects.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development