PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to djsiva
Re: Sprint reps never seem to help!? wtf?

Verizon Wireless.

Nate
Old 11-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mlr_90 is a n00b

Verizon is going to a $350 early termination fee!! People keep complaining about Sprint but they have bent over backwards for me. People need to start reading the contract about ETFs and all the fine print. I've priced Verizon's service and it would cost me ~$90 more a month for my four lines. NO WAY. I've had service about everywhere I need it so that's where I'll stay
Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr_90 View Post
Verizon is going to a $350 early termination fee!! People keep complaining about Sprint but they have bent over backwards for me. People need to start reading the contract about ETFs and all the fine print. I've priced Verizon's service and it would cost me ~$90 more a month for my four lines. NO WAY. I've had service about everywhere I need it so that's where I'll stay
I have had sprint for years. We have always had 3 lines, but I cant help that one of my lines I do not need anymore.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
I have had sprint for years. We have always had 3 lines, but I cant help that one of my lines I do not need anymore.
Well you are obliged to pay it or the ETF so quit whining and deal with it. It's your fault not Sprint's. Sprint if anything is correct. That or find someone to turn ownership of the plan over to.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
I'm not here to start a thread war; they're useless as we are all here to help each other. In fact, I probably should have kept my 2 cents to myself since it was a little OT.

However, we each find good and bad in our chosen carrier in our individual markets. I live in Jacksonville, FL. In addition to horrible customer service and overall poor coverage and data speeds here in town, no one with Sprint can use their phone at my house. My wife has AT&T, that should be something both Sprint and VZW users can agree on there. (they suck..and I know b/c I've had them and I also worked for them for years)

For me, in Jacksonville, the extra $50 per month is worth every penny to ensure that I have uninterrupted voice and data along with the speeds that I need to conduct business. (i.e. remote desktop from anywhere to meet my customer's needs)

Aside from the well known customer service issues with Sprint, my feelings could be entirely different if I lived and worked in a market where VZW coverage was worthless and Sprint was superior. So at this moment, VZW waxes everyone in my market. If I move, or if Comcast or Sprint happen to make it here with 4G, then my feelings will probably change.

Thanks,
Nate
so after reading this, you are getting nothing more then me except a higher bill as i stated earlier. Technically since 4g is coming to my city next month i actually get more service then you and pay alot less. So that get what you pay for line needs to be stricken from the records because i pay less then you and get alot more, including non gimped phones. sure verizon did ok with the tp2 and made it equal, but don't forget about the mogul and tp1, verizon destroyed those. and you say one of your happiest days was leaving sprint
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
so after reading this, you are getting nothing more then me except a higher bill as i stated earlier. Technically since 4g is coming to my city next month i actually get more service then you and pay alot less. So that get what you pay for line needs to be stricken from the records because i pay less then you and get alot more, including non gimped phones. sure verizon did ok with the tp2 and made it equal, but don't forget about the mogul and tp1, verizon destroyed those. and you say one of your happiest days was leaving sprint
Like I said, I'm not here to have some bs internet fight. The value we perceive from our respective carriers may differ significantly from market to market. Sprint may be far better than VZW where you are, but Verizon is by far superior than other carriers here in Florida. Who knows, when Sprint 4G finally makes it here, I may make the switch back purely for the speeds, but for now I'm with big red and have no problem with the extra $50 per month.

Nate
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Having been with Sprint since 2001, I can't think of a single situation they did not make right. Even in instances where I have received sub-par customer service, a quick call back and they have bent over to do the right thing.

Case in point: 2 years ago I went over my SMS limit by 250 some messages. It was a $40 charge. I called, not even attempting to ask for a reduction on that charge, but to upgrade to unlimited SMS. They waived 1/2 that $40 charge that was 100% my fault, because I modified my plan after the fact.

The chat option is not terribly helpful for anything other than basic inquiries and usage questions. No web chat service I have ever used for support is as effective as a phone call. That's the reality of it.

As for the mini-carrier war, Verizon is more expensive. Their customer service is no better than Sprint's. BUT, as djslva said, it is worth it to HIM to have the peace of mind knowing he'll have good coverage. If I were in a similar boat, I would make the same desicion.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here in Kansas it depends where you are and where you get better coverage. Verizon covers east Kansas better while Sprint covers west Kansas better. But that said they really are about the same so for me if I can save money and still get the same quality service I will.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 PM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Well you are obliged to pay it or the ETF so quit whining and deal with it. It's your fault not Sprint's. Sprint if anything is correct. That or find someone to turn ownership of the plan over to.
im not whining, i just cant believe theres nothing they can do to remove it without paying.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.

That's the system. Every carrier is that way so adapt or move on.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion