View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
basilray
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint reps never seem to help!? wtf?

Having been with Sprint since 2001, I can't think of a single situation they did not make right. Even in instances where I have received sub-par customer service, a quick call back and they have bent over to do the right thing.

Case in point: 2 years ago I went over my SMS limit by 250 some messages. It was a $40 charge. I called, not even attempting to ask for a reduction on that charge, but to upgrade to unlimited SMS. They waived 1/2 that $40 charge that was 100% my fault, because I modified my plan after the fact.

The chat option is not terribly helpful for anything other than basic inquiries and usage questions. No web chat service I have ever used for support is as effective as a phone call. That's the reality of it.

As for the mini-carrier war, Verizon is more expensive. Their customer service is no better than Sprint's. BUT, as djslva said, it is worth it to HIM to have the peace of mind knowing he'll have good coverage. If I were in a similar boat, I would make the same desicion.