PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 PM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Sprint reps never seem to help!? wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the chat room is for simple questions and answers. for cancelling your line you would have to speak with a representative. that is the best route for you because the rep who will cancel your line will have the best options for you and will try to retain you at all costs, you will probably end up getting way cheaper service.
wow seriously?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard someone complain about Sprint. Big Red costs more, but you get what you pay for. Next to marriage, leaving Sprint was probably the best day of my life... heheh.....not quite that major but you get the point...

Nate
lmao!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
wow seriously?
i don't know if you are serious, but if you're serious call in and ask for the retention department, when you try to cancel your line they will do they're best to keep you.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
i don't know if you are serious, but if you're serious call in and ask for the retention department, when you try to cancel your line they will do they're best to keep you.
alright i will have to try that tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
What do you mean above?
read my edited post ... hopefully that clears things up
Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
as far as i know, sprint has a static $200 early termination fee for any contract signed after mid-2008 because of some lawsuit.
as for a freeze, they have a feature that will let you pay only $9 per line but your contract for that phone will be extended one month for every month it's active on a line.

but your argument about going to verizon because of an ETF is invalid because all carriers charge one if you sign a contract

as for plans, there is a 700 minute share plan for $69 that does not include text or data.... you can add unlimited of both to one line for another $30 ($15 for unlimited data and $15 for unlimited texts (or $5 for 300 texts, $10 for 1000 texts)) and put the freeze on the other line and it still comes up cheaper than the $129 1500 minute everything share plan
what is that plan called?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
read my edited post ... hopefully that clears things up
yeah it did, thanks!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard someone complain about Sprint. Big Red costs more, but you get what you pay for. Next to marriage, leaving Sprint was probably the best day of my life... heheh.....not quite that major but you get the point...

Nate
Quote:
glad you like paying more and getting the exact same service. its funny when people say you get what you pay for. what do you get more then me except a bigger bill

*bump* i want to see how long this list will be?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
*bump* i want to see how long this list will be?
I'm not here to start a thread war; they're useless as we are all here to help each other. In fact, I probably should have kept my 2 cents to myself since it was a little OT.

However, we each find good and bad in our chosen carrier in our individual markets. I live in Jacksonville, FL. In addition to horrible customer service and overall poor coverage and data speeds here in town, no one with Sprint can use their phone at my house. My wife has AT&T, that should be something both Sprint and VZW users can agree on there. (they suck..and I know b/c I've had them and I also worked for them for years)

For me, in Jacksonville, the extra $50 per month is worth every penny to ensure that I have uninterrupted voice and data along with the speeds that I need to conduct business. (i.e. remote desktop from anywhere to meet my customer's needs)

Aside from the well known customer service issues with Sprint, my feelings could be entirely different if I lived and worked in a market where VZW coverage was worthless and Sprint was superior. So at this moment, VZW waxes everyone in my market. If I move, or if Comcast or Sprint happen to make it here with 4G, then my feelings will probably change.

Thanks,
Nate
Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
I'm not here to start a thread war; they're useless as we are all here to help each other. In fact, I probably should have kept my 2 cents to myself since it was a little OT.

However, we each find good and bad in our chosen carrier in our individual markets. I live in Jacksonville, FL. In addition to horrible customer service and overall poor coverage and data speeds here in town, no one with Sprint can use their phone at my house. My wife has AT&T, that should be something both Sprint and VZW users can agree on there. (they suck..and I know b/c I've had them and I also worked for them for years)

For me, in Jacksonville, the extra $50 per month is worth every penny to ensure that I have uninterrupted voice and data along with the speeds that I need to conduct business. (i.e. remote desktop from anywhere to meet my customer's needs)

Aside from the well known customer service issues with Sprint, my feelings could be entirely different if I lived and worked in a market where VZW coverage was worthless and Sprint was superior. So at this moment, VZW waxes everyone in my market. If I move, or if Comcast or Sprint happen to make it here with 4G, then my feelings will probably change.

Thanks,
Nate
so who is your carrier?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion