PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

dimapb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC TP2 and Family Plan

Hello all,
I was wondering if any one of you has been successful in using TP2 on the Family Plan $69.99 with Unlimited Data for $10.00? I have purchased TP2 last week Thursday and everything has been working fine until this morning. As of this morning, my internet no longer works. I called Sprint and they are telling me that it's because of my plan and forcing me to upgrade to one of the Everything Plans. I'm very reluctant and not sure if I want to believe that. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint HTC TP2 and Family Plan

My suggestions would be, get on the chat and talk to sprint. Or you can always call back again and ask a different person why it was taken off you may just get a total different answer
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I think the rep just didn't know what their doing, gave the easy answer. (possibly the one that popped on their screen.)

if the data is still showing on your plan webpage then you've got it. you should be able to 'update profile' to get it working again. if it fails, try a ##RTN# > menu > reset, then update profile again.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I've had a family everything plan since it came out and I love it. We share 1500 mins and I can use any feature unlimited (except for the subscription options of course like some channels on sprint tv)
I know that's not what you asked but I am jsust sharing my experience. I have a corporate discount and a loyal customer discount(I just asked and they gave it to me 10%) and I pay around 100 bucks per month for two phones with all the bells and wistles. (unlim data, text, pix, telenav, sprint tv (i use more for radio than tv) what else can I ask for.
I came from a plan like yours but when my wife got my old HTC touch and I got the pro... I had to switch. 69.00 + 15 per phone for data + 5 each for text + telenav etc... I just upgraded plan.
p.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimapb is a n00b

I have 3 lines. Only my phone (line) has a data plan. Other 2 lines are for my kids that do no need data plan. I currently pay 69.99 (700 minutes) + 10 data plan + Free Unlimited Text + Free Pick 3 + Free Second Line (including free 500 text + pick 3) + 9.99 (including 200 text + pick 3) for third line - 25% corp discount thru HP. If I upgrade to Everything plan, I would be paying 149.99 - 25% for the same service. It just doesn't make sense. I had Palm Treo prior to TP2 on the same plan w/out any issues. I'm not sure why Sprint is making it so difficult for me to upgrade to a better device. Very disappointed.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimapb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I think the rep just didn't know what their doing, gave the easy answer. (possibly the one that popped on their screen.)

if the data is still showing on your plan webpage then you've got it. you should be able to 'update profile' to get it working again. if it fails, try a ##RTN# > menu > reset, then update profile again.
I did that. I even called Tech Support (third tear) and they are the once that told me that my plan did not support this phone.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

well like paul pointed out it could be the fact it's the $10 data. that hasn't been around for a looong time. most of us not on the everything plan are on a $15 unlimited data plan.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So they can maximize their profits. Its all about the mighty dollar and right now sprint is trying to take advantage of the popularity of the TP2 and Hero. It first started with the Pre and from what I am seeing its not going to stop until sprint has everyone off the sero and individual plans and moves them to the EVERYTHING PLAN
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimapb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
well like paul pointed out it could be the fact it's the $10 data. that hasn't been around for a looong time. most of us not on the everything plan are on a $15 unlimited data plan.
That's what I thought. I recently changed from Power Vision - $15 to Business Unlimited Data for $10 based on the advise on the Sprint Rep who was trying to save me money. I offered to go back to $15 data plan and Sprint said that it would still not be supported.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:09 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimapb View Post
I offered to go back to $15 data plan and Sprint said that it would still not be supported.
I better bow out now, as I don't have a tp2, but I find that complete bs

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion