PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Decisions...Verizon or Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
Whoa, Whoa Whoa! First off that was way too long, its gonna take me 2 days to read all that but any way you should check the coverage map and see if you'll get a good signal in your town and $119 for 900 min? Thats a rip off I get 900 min gor $89.99 with unlimited data so I would say if you want a cheaper plan with unlimted data then Sprint and you might be able to get the phone for $199 like everyone else on here. Ur Welcome my man.
I added unlmited txt to my account. That addes another $20 per phone for Verizon. Sprint includes all that, Verizon bends you over the more you want to add.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Funny I have sprint and verizon and the only thing i get from verizon is a more expensive bill. You say you get what you pay for, what are you getting that we don't get a sprint except that higher bill. If you could post exactly what your getting from them that sprint didn't give you, everyone wants to hear that. thats why the thread was created. you didn't give any examples what so ever, i'm confused.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

and to the poster he replied to... that's exactly what I wanted to know. What problems did you have to make you want to switch?

I personally have had both over the last 12-15 years, Verizon for the last 7 and Sprint for all the others. I know all the quirks, but I wanna' know what the TECHNICAL problem with the phone/service are. I know tech support can be hit or miss so I don't care about a pissy rep.

And maybe I wasn't direct enough with part of the question. Did you get more dropped calls or data outages with one or the other?

Also, you have to understand too that Sprint's network has gotten a lot better over the last year especially. 2 years ago all my friends on Sprint dropped calls every time I called. Now...they never get dropped calls. Part of that is the area you are in, etc. But it could be overall service level too.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have made a decision. I switched to Sprint. My final bill for phone was $199 after the $150 price match discount, all the rebates, and I got the rebate department to mail me a check without having to do any paperwork. =)

Instead of $145 from Verizon, my bill with Sprint is $83. I didn't see an overall loss in quality. I actually have better signal and sound quality overall.

To Derrick, I'm still $40 less then your best $700 minute plan. And I have free calling to all 240+ million mobile phones, including the 80+ million verizon mobile phones =)

If Sprint does go bankrupt, then I'll switch back and I'm not really out any money. I've already got a VZW TP2 to use if I need it.

In the end, price with nearly identical performance weighed out. If it was 2 years ago, I'm sure I would have stayed with Verizon, but times change. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BJatSprint is becoming a great contributor

Hey zim2323, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. You are correct about the equipment; Sprint has been pushing out better phones and software updates for all of our products, including slight variations of certain phones. It is our priority to solve any bugs or further develop existing phone functions so that the phone is always what you want. As for the network themselves, I’ll let these third party sites do the talking for us:
http://gizmodo.com/5111989/the-defin...t-3g-data-test
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-test-results/

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion