PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Hero Will Require An Everything Data Plan?

You may want to inquire as to why you need to switch plans if your existing plan already has Unlimited Data.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

Geniuz650 is keeping up the good workGeniuz650 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
You may want to inquire as to why you need to switch plans if your existing plan already has Unlimited Data.
Well them not allowing SERO Plans for this phone I totally understand. As those plans are old and they want people off them. Also, those plan prices are really low. That I understand. But what I don't understand is that why the data addon wouldn't work for this phone. I guess they're just trying to get more money by making you switch to an Everything Data Plan and this phone isn't technically exclusive to Sprint. All the past exclusive Sprint phones have required an Everything Data Plan and this isn't one. I just wish they made plans more flexible especially Family Plans. They also need to be more specific in their news releases such as saying this phone will require an unlimited data plan such as an Everything Data Plan.

Last edited by Geniuz650; 09-25-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniuz650 View Post
And there is no $5 data pack?
I also have a $5 data pack. Sprint Unlimited Power Vision data pack. Includes everything, including navigation.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I also have a $5 data pack. Sprint Unlimited Power Vision data pack. Includes everything, including navigation.
Oh never mind then lol. That must be some old plan.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This says it all.
Looks like I'll be staying with my Diamond for awhile.
More than likely, I'll end up with a cup and a string, but I'll still have my plan

Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
This says it all.
Looks like I'll be staying with my Diamond for awhile.
More than likely, I'll end up with a cup and a string, but I'll still have my plan

Keep in mind that it's under After $100 MIR. They might be saying in order to get the $100 MIR, you have to have those plans. I don't know whats taking Sprint so long to announce the plans that will work. There's only less than two weeks until launch. Everyone give's different answers.

Last edited by Geniuz650; 09-29-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

I just got off an echat session AFTER 3 1/2 F'n HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spoke with one rep, a supervisor and a Manager. One of the Required plans is NEEDED.
After 3 1/2 hours, I wanted to escalate the issue and was told the issue can be forwarded to The Executive Team. I was typing my contact info and did not receve a response. The manager disappeared and did not sign off. I stayed on for another 35 minutes after that but no Denise. I will contact the Executive Team myself, and reference the e chat.
My concern is the following:
Because there are encoding issues that are preventing me from activating the newer PDAs on plans like mine, there must be some kind of provisioning which Sprint can put into effect, to enable these devices to be activated on these older plans.
As it stands now, customers in my situation will be unable to purchase any of the Newer PDAs because of the Protocols regarding Encoding that Sprint has put in place.
I was told that because plans like mine have an add on data package, data is not part of the plan itself and all inclusive like it is on the Everytrhing Plans.
I feel that Sprint has a pejudice regarding Long Term Customers that have some of the older plans by requiring them to switch to a more expensive, less featured plan, in order to be able to activate these newer devices.
It would cost me over $1000.00 in additional expenses to the plan I now Have, over a 2 year period. In addition, I would lose many features and my minutes would be reduced from 2000 per month to 1500.
My second line is used my my 78 year old Mom who only uses 50 minutes per month. She does not text or use data. I do, and text very little even though my plan includes 1000 Texts per month.
I feel that Sprint should have initiated certain protocols to enabe customers like me to be able to activate new devices. As it stands now, I am unable to.
The 3 reps started to tell me it is so I don't incur any overage cahrges. I explained why I would not with the current plan I am on.
They gave me some other reasons why the other plans were more advantageous to have than what I have now, but none of their reasons pertained to me as I rebuked them all.
I was told that the Everything plan has unlimited M2M which would save me minutes per month that would make up for the 500 monthly minutes I would lose.......................
I responded that I have Pick 3, 5pm minutes, etc that I would lose so how would I gain. Most cells I call are Sprint anyway, which is included in my present plan. So that would not help me.
Again, rebuking every reason that was thrown at me was a moot point.
The point I made to them was that Sprint wants me to pay more money for a plan that has less features and that will cost me a whole bunch of Extra Money.......
No Advantage for me whatsoever............except that I get to purchase a new device.

I guess it is what it is. But that old Overage excuse is old although it is still being used by the Reps. It is just an Ingrained, Generic Response.
The reasoning of the Day is the Encoding Reason........................and that is a better excuse than the to protect the customer from Data Overage and so the Customer can use all of the features that these new devices have to offer.
One Rep told me that the Hero can do Much more than the device I have now.
I asked what the Hero can do that my Diamond cannot?
I didn't get a Response to that one

Last edited by Biker1; 09-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started

i agree 1000% with you. sprint is trying to get rid of all the older customers which have great plans. i just got off the phone with them and likewise they are giving me thousands of excuses to why i need to change plans and pay $40 more each month.(which he had no reply for).and they are all lame excuses. why can my touch pro do everything and all of a sudden the hero wont be able too. they are so full of it. they are bragging about how with their new plans you can talk to any mobile device like its earthshatterings news. i get 1000 minutes now and thats not an issue for me. they dont have one valid reason why they are doing this. i guess they are going to learn the hard way when customers continue to leave. if i need to pay more for a plan i would rather go elsewhere then give it to sprint. and i have been with them for 10+ years
Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, the same old BS crap like when th Instinct came out.
I will say this though..................I have my doubts as to the whether the true reason to make these new plans mandatory, is to make us give up ours.
But, by Sprint's inaction to initiate protocols in the system to enable us to activate these new devices, the are Indirectly, if not Directly, penalizing us.

It will come a time where the devices we have now will be obsolete, and in time, one of 2 things will happen >
1) we will switch to one of these mandatory plans or
2) we will leave

When Sprint made it mandatory to Activate the Instinct on one of the Everything Plans, which were new at the time, I said that this is a Harbinger of things to come regarding all new devices to require these newer plans. Sprint denied this at the time and said only the Instinct would require a special plan.
Yeah, ok Sprint................Can you hear me now?
The Writing Was On The Wall, which is what I spoke about over a year ago.

After over 10 years of service, I will consider leaving, if only for the fact that I don't like Ultamatums sp?. Switch plans or you can't have a new device..............Go F yourself!
I probably wouldn't even get the Hero, but I want to have the Choice.

Sprint may not care if some of us leave as they figure they are not getting their minimum of $48? line or whatever they need to charge per line to make a profit.
They fail to consider to think outside the box because many of us don't use our current plans to their maximum allowable usage, which increases Sprint's profit margin per line.

Anyway, Sprint's restrictive attitude towards its long term customers will only hurt them and not help them.

EDIT:
Someone wrote that Sprint now wants to sell us the SAME THING at a HIGHER PRICE. The Hero and Pre don't use any more data than the WinMo Devices and it's insulting for them to insinuate that they do.
The person has a very valid point.
But as I said, Sprint is now saying its an encoding issue......................No Sh*t Sherlock!

Last edited by Biker1; 09-29-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: content addition
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started

the sprint rep then tried to sell me the prepaid boost as an option. some option, what fools

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion