View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Hero Will Require An Everything Data Plan?

I just got off an echat session AFTER 3 1/2 F'n HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spoke with one rep, a supervisor and a Manager. One of the Required plans is NEEDED.
After 3 1/2 hours, I wanted to escalate the issue and was told the issue can be forwarded to The Executive Team. I was typing my contact info and did not receve a response. The manager disappeared and did not sign off. I stayed on for another 35 minutes after that but no Denise. I will contact the Executive Team myself, and reference the e chat.
My concern is the following:
Because there are encoding issues that are preventing me from activating the newer PDAs on plans like mine, there must be some kind of provisioning which Sprint can put into effect, to enable these devices to be activated on these older plans.
As it stands now, customers in my situation will be unable to purchase any of the Newer PDAs because of the Protocols regarding Encoding that Sprint has put in place.
I was told that because plans like mine have an add on data package, data is not part of the plan itself and all inclusive like it is on the Everytrhing Plans.
I feel that Sprint has a pejudice regarding Long Term Customers that have some of the older plans by requiring them to switch to a more expensive, less featured plan, in order to be able to activate these newer devices.
It would cost me over $1000.00 in additional expenses to the plan I now Have, over a 2 year period. In addition, I would lose many features and my minutes would be reduced from 2000 per month to 1500.
My second line is used my my 78 year old Mom who only uses 50 minutes per month. She does not text or use data. I do, and text very little even though my plan includes 1000 Texts per month.
I feel that Sprint should have initiated certain protocols to enabe customers like me to be able to activate new devices. As it stands now, I am unable to.
The 3 reps started to tell me it is so I don't incur any overage cahrges. I explained why I would not with the current plan I am on.
They gave me some other reasons why the other plans were more advantageous to have than what I have now, but none of their reasons pertained to me as I rebuked them all.
I was told that the Everything plan has unlimited M2M which would save me minutes per month that would make up for the 500 monthly minutes I would lose.......................
I responded that I have Pick 3, 5pm minutes, etc that I would lose so how would I gain. Most cells I call are Sprint anyway, which is included in my present plan. So that would not help me.
Again, rebuking every reason that was thrown at me was a moot point.
The point I made to them was that Sprint wants me to pay more money for a plan that has less features and that will cost me a whole bunch of Extra Money.......
No Advantage for me whatsoever............except that I get to purchase a new device.

I guess it is what it is. But that old Overage excuse is old although it is still being used by the Reps. It is just an Ingrained, Generic Response.
The reasoning of the Day is the Encoding Reason........................and that is a better excuse than the to protect the customer from Data Overage and so the Customer can use all of the features that these new devices have to offer.
One Rep told me that the Hero can do Much more than the device I have now.
I asked what the Hero can do that my Diamond cannot?
I didn't get a Response to that one
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.