PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
thinking of switching from sprint to VZW (again)

I am considering jumping back to VZW, they have inferior touch pro's, but the Omnia looks attractive. I was wondering what the development scene is like for the Omnia. With the TP there are only about a hundred different kitchens and a wealth of information. I have not seen much about cooking for the Omnia. Ever since I found fingerkeyboard, I have rarely felt the need to use the hard keyboard on my sprint TP, so I feel I do not require a hard keyboard anymore. I like the screen size of the omnia, making fingerkeyboard even easier to use on that larger screen. What are your thoughts? Plus I have been turned on to the Omnia 2 whenever VZW gets it... Sprint is not cutting it for me, network is nowhere near as robust as VZW and customer service, well that's awful. Plus I have abysmal signal strength in my apartment. Anyway, whoever has an omnia, please tell me how it is to cook for it and stuff? I have come to realize with phones, as long as it runs WM, it can do what I need it to. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: thinking of switching from sprint to VZW (again)

Try talking Sprint into giving you an airave. They gave me one a while back and waived all fees and monthly charges. That of course is only going to work in your apartment.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Yeah I have some other users with an airave, but everyone in my organization should not need one! lol
well maybe not everyone, but 3 people already have one.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

make the switch we have cake
overpriced cake but its reliable cake
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I know how VZW is, I had them for quite a while before I was lured to sprint by their RAM... I had good signal everywhere and was never roaming. I am looking for feedback on the omnia, since I have used the TP for almost a year exclusively and I certainly don't want to go back to a VZW TP, the Omnia seems a good alternative, it may only have 128MB RAM like the TP, it has a faster CPU and a nice big screen. but if I cannot cook roms for it then it is no good to me.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
make the switch we have cake
overpriced cake but its reliable cake
LMAO

I'm getting the Omnia2 also. I know the guys at Modaco are already flashing new ROMs to the Omnia2, but I dont know about kitchens yet. The O2 is getting a lot more people excited than the first one did and I think it's going to have a larger following than the first one did. I started looking through the i900 Omnia forums here after I saw how good the specs are on the O2 and they really have a pretty good community going for it. Nowhere near as large as the TP community, but they do have several really good developers working on things for the phone.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 09-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

well i would switch, i have never had a problem with verizon's service, and starting with the tp2 and omnia they aren't gimping the smartphones now! If you can wait, the omnia 2 is supposedly coming september 15th, actually you should get the omnia, and just return it when the omnia 2 is here! I am hoping we will be able to use visual kitchen still, or platformrebuilder, but i have a feeling we need to learn a new kitchen, since platform and VK are based on HTC devices.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the Omnia, and its a great phone, I have a cooked ROM on it which makes it more awesome, but honestly, the Omnia is getting old now. The Omnia II is coming out, as well as the Touch Pro II on Verizon soon... If you sign a new contract, the subsidized price of getting either the Omnia or one of the newer phones coming out is going to be similar, so why not get the newer one?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

well thats the idea, omnia 2 eventually, I was just wondering how the cooking environment for the omnia is, as the omnia 2 would be similar (one would think?). Chefs already have kitchens and roms for the TP2 based on the TP1 style... I also think I would suffer from half the screen resolution by going from TP to Omnia, but omnia 2 has same res as TP2..

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion