PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Alltel get the Touch Pro 2

I am fortunate to live in one of the Alltel markets that Verizon has to divest. Our market is being bought by AT&T later this year or early the next.

Does anyone know if Alltel will be offering the Touch Pro 2 along with the other carriers that will be offering it?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Will Alltel get the Touch Pro 2

i doubt it because of the merger
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

actually idk because according to phonescoop, alltels get the bb tour
Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWagner View Post
I am fortunate to live in one of the Alltel markets that Verizon has to divest. Our market is being bought by AT&T later this year or early the next.

Does anyone know if Alltel will be offering the Touch Pro 2 along with the other carriers that will be offering it?
Alltel is sort of in state of freeze right now. I highly doubt much in the way of 'new phones' is going to be coming their way.

As for being 'fortunate' that you're in a divested market, it is too early to tell. AT&T is GSM so that would require you to buy a new phone. It is also to early to tell how your current plan/contract would migrate to AT&T. I don't believe they have an offering like My Cirlce/My Favs/Friends & Family/etc.

In my opinion, Alltel -> Verizon is an easier jump than Alltel to AT&T. I'd start looking at backup options.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM

alltels gettin the bb tour and htc cedar...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
Alltel is sort of in state of freeze right now. I highly doubt much in the way of 'new phones' is going to be coming their way.

As for being 'fortunate' that you're in a divested market, it is too early to tell. AT&T is GSM so that would require you to buy a new phone. It is also to early to tell how your current plan/contract would migrate to AT&T. I don't believe they have an offering like My Cirlce/My Favs/Friends & Family/etc.

In my opinion, Alltel -> Verizon is an easier jump than Alltel to AT&T. I'd start looking at backup options.
I would like to get a Touch Pro 2 from Alltel. Alltel's phone prices are so much cheaper than Verizon or Sprint. For example, a Touch Pro is $99 where at Verizon, it's $350. At this point, for what I get from Alltel for $69.99 a month will run me $105 a month from Verizon and $110 a month from AT&T.

If I can not get a Touch Pro 2 from Alltel and renew my existing contract and rate, I will look at going with Sprint. Sprint's plan pricing and policies are very close to Alltel's, I just need to verify coverage.

As for what is coming, this is all they told us:
Quote:
s you already know, certain Alltel Wireless properties merged with Verizon Wireless in January 2009. As part of the purchase agreement and to preserve competition in certain cellular market areas, Verizon is required to transition some properties to another service provider. Verizon and AT&T have signed a definitive agreement for AT&T to purchase some of these cellular market areas. The states represented are: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

(States not included are: Idaho, Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.)

No action is required on your part at this time. Your service will continue “business as usual” until these properties are transitioned to AT&T. At this time, the purchase is expected to be completed during fourth quarter of 2009. As we move toward this transition, we will share more information as it becomes available. In the interim period, you will continue to receive the same great service you have come to expect from Alltel.

Questions About the Purchase
When will the sale of my area to AT&T be final?
The sale is subject to regulatory approvals. We cannot predict how long that process will take, but we expect it will be a few months at a minimum before we receive a decision about if and when the transaction may close.
Are all of the current Alltel customers being sold to AT&T?
About 1.5M customers in current Alltel transition properties in 15 states are served by the cellular market areas being sold to AT&T. Customers in 6 other states are not included in the sale.
Who will purchase the remaining cellular market areas that need to be divested?
Verizon Wireless is actively working to sell the remaining 26 Alltel cellular market areas in Idaho, Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. At the time, we don't know who will purchase these areas.
What changes for customers?
Today, nothing changes for customers. We will continue to operate the Alltel cellular market areas and they will continue to run business as usual through the regulatory review and approval process. Our corporate teams, sales channels and call centers will remain committed to delivering the superior service and quality products that Alltel customers have come to expect.
What will happen to Alltel?
Alltel will continue to serve our cellular market areas until all transitions are complete.
Service Questions
My area is included in the transition area, will I still have the same quality of service in my area that I do today?
Yes. We are still committed to providing you a high quality wireless experience, so the quality of your wireless service will not change during the interim period.
During the interim period, do I have to stay with Alltel or can I switch to another carrier without paying an Early Termination Fee?
Under contract:
If you are currently under contract, an Early Termination Fee will apply should you disconnect before fulfilling your contract.

Not under contract:
If you are out of contract, there would be no Early Termination Fee to disconnect. However, we would hate to lose you as a customer, and would love the opportunity to continue providing your wireless service.
Do I need to do anything during this interim period?
No, you do not need to do anything additional at this time. As we move through the interim period, more information will be shared as soon as it becomes available.
Will my 15-Day/30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee still be honored?
Yes, the 15-Day/30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee will be honored during the interim period.
How will this impact My Account?
There is no impact to My Account at this time.
Rate Plan Questions
Will there be any changes to my calling plan, features or My Circle?
We do not anticipate any changes to your calling plan features or My Circle during the interim period as a result of this announcement. If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance.
If I cannot keep My Circle, will you let me out of my contract?
You can keep My Circle during the interim period.
Can I keep my current plan?
Yes. You can keep your current plan during the interim period. Any changes will be communicated to you in advance by your new wireless provider.
Can I still change to other rate plans Alltel offers?
Yes. You can still change to other plans Alltel offers in your area during the interim period.
Will I be required to change my rate plan after the interim period?
At this time, we do not have information regarding potential service changes after the interim period. Any changes will be communicated to you in advance by your new wireless provider.
Will my coverage area change?
We do not anticipate any changes to your coverage area during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance.
Will there be any changes to my prepaid service?
We do not anticipate any changes to your prepaid service during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service or plan, the changes will be communicated in advance.
Why can't I include Verizon customers in my Mobile-to-Mobile group?
Since your cellular market area is not becoming part of Verizon, your Mobile-to-Mobile calling group cannot be expanded to include those existing Verizon customers. However, we HAVE made arrangements so that your Mobile-to-Mobile calling group has not changed in size. You will continue to be able to call all current Alltel subscribers as part of your Mobile-to-Mobile package, even if those subscribers are in an area that is transferring to Verizon.

And remember: With My Circle from Alltel, you can have unlimited calling to any 5, 15, or 25 numbers. So you can build your own Mobile-to-Mobile group to include numbers from any carrier--wireless or landline! Any changes to your features or service will be communicated in advance.
When will AT&T customers be added to my Mobile-to-Mobile group?
Timing for any changes to you Mobile-to-Mobile calling as a result of the transition to AT&T will be shared as soon as it becomes available.. In the meantime, you will continue to have access to My Circle with unlimited calling to any 5, 15, or 25 numbers – wireless or landline. So you talk as much as you want to the people you talk to most!
When will I be able to add Rollover minutes to my plan?
The availability of AT&T's Rollover minutes will be communicated to you in advance by your new wireless provider. In the meantime, you will continue to have access to My Circle with unlimited calling to any 5, 15, or 25 numbers – wireless or landline. So you talk as much as you want to the people you talk to most!
Feature Questions
Will my Axcess/Alltel Shop applications, such as games, ringtones, and ringbacks still work?
Yes. All your current applications will continue to work during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service, more information will be communicated in advance.
Contract Questions
Is my contract still valid during the interim period?
Yes. The terms and conditions of your contract are still valid.
Will my contract still be valid after the interim period?
If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance by your new provider.
Why do I have to sign a contract for a new phone when the transition might require me to change phones again?
You receive special pricing on your phone when you sign a one-year agreement. Other pricing options are available that don't require a contract. Regarding a possible handset change as a result of the transition to a new carrier, we don't have those details yet.
Equipment and Accessory Questions
Can I still purchase Alltel offered equipment and accessories?
Yes. You can still purchase equipment and accessories Alltel offers in your area during the interim period. You can view all the phones and accessories we have to offer online at alltel.com or at one of your local retail locations.
Will I be required to change my phone due to the transition?
Although AT&T (GSM) uses a different wireless technology than Alltel (CDMA), it is too early in the transition process to determine issues around handset changes. In the meantime, rest assured that your Alltel handset will continue to work and any required changes to your handset will be communicated in advance.
If I'm going to have to change phones due to the transition, shouldn't I wait to upgrade?
At this time, we don't have any details about whether or not you will have to change your phone due to the AT&T transition.
When will the iPhone be offered in my area?
At this time, we do not have information when new AT&T equipment will be available in your area. If you're interested in the iPhone your best option is to continue service with Alltel until more details about timing and availability of new phones becomes available.
Billing/Payment Questions
Will there be any changes to my billing statement?
No. There will not be any changes to your billing statement during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance.
Will my bill still be due on the same day?
Yes. There will not be any changes to your bill due date during the interim period.
Where do I make payments?
We have many convenient payment options. You can continue making payments by phone, online, at a retail store or by mailing a payment to the remittance address on your bill. Please visit alltel.com for the store locations in your service area.
Do I still have to pay my bill?
Yes. The terms and conditions of your service still apply.
Will my company discount still apply during the interim period?
Yes. There will not be any changes to your rate plan or discount during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance.
Will my military discount and suspend still apply?
Yes. There will not be any changes to your military discount and we will still reserve your number during the interim period. If any changes are made to your service or plan, more information will be communicated in advance.
What will happen to the deposit I paid to Alltel?
Your deposit will continue to be associated with your account. Once the terms and conditions for your deposit refund have been met, the deposit will be refunded to your account.
General Questions
Will I need to get a new number?
No. There will not be any changes to your phone number during the interim period.
If I have phone numbers from multiple areas on my account, will part of my numbers be moved off of my account?
No. There will not be any changes to your account at this time. If any changes are made to your account, more information will be communicated in advance.
Who do I contact if I need help?
We will be happy to answer any questions about your wireless service or account. Please contact us in any way that is convenient for you:
Click: Questions can be submitted 24/7 at alltel.com under “Support”
Call: *611 for free from your wireless phone or 1-800-alltel-1 (800-255-8351)
Visit: Visit your local Alltel store. To find a complete list of stores that can assist you, please visit alltel.com/storelocator.
Will I still be able to make changes to my service, rate plan and features through My Account?
Yes. You can still service your account 24/7, including managing your My Circle numbers, using My Account.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Got a text message today from Alltel saying that the network in my area has now been upgraded to 3G. Sounds like they plan on keeping up with the times until AT&T takes over, so maybe there is hope for a TP2.

Oct 12th I can upgrade... gonna miss my PPC6800, its been a great phone for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

The Main Alltel store for my area says as of oct 18th Alltel is no more, it will be all VZW. Sounds like they're gonna let everyony finish out their Alltel contracts but for all intents and purposes we'll be VZW.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
The Main Alltel store for my area says as of oct 18th Alltel is no more, it will be all VZW. Sounds like they're gonna let everyony finish out their Alltel contracts but for all intents and purposes we'll be VZW.
VZW had to give up things to get alltel.... he lives in an area where VZW got rid of things.... Hs carrier will become AT&T if he doesnt jump carriers..

AT&T has terrible 3g speeds....

Sprint is #1 according to the most recent polls a few weeks ago
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
VZW had to give up things to get alltel.... he lives in an area where VZW got rid of things.... Hs carrier will become AT&T if he doesnt jump carriers..

AT&T has terrible 3g speeds....

Sprint is #1 according to the most recent polls a few weeks ago
Coverage between Verizon and Sprint (IMO) is night and day, though its a nice cheap (SERO) alternative

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion